Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

new bowl

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share
Old June 25th, 2010, 03:14 AM
Hookah Nut
Default new bowl

Okay I just got a new KM today, it was pretty bomb but I want a new bowl, any suggestions on it? the one it came with is very wide and not very deep if that helps. Ive just seen a few posts about trouble with a vortex bowl. hard drags and inconsistant smoke. is that true with all vortex bowls? or does it just kind of depend on the user?'

Old June 25th, 2010, 03:18 AM
Hookah Aficionado
Default Re: new bowl

I prefer a Phunnel. Alien phunnel if you are thrifty! Allows for easier heat management (not as deep as a Vortex), and the easier of draws between the two. No resistance.
LEARNING CURVE ALERT: Need to have foil over very tight or use some binder clips/paper clips to have the foil stay up.
Old June 25th, 2010, 11:43 AM
Hookah Aficionado

Sounds nice. I have never had a problem with the foil on my funnel blocking the spire, though I've heard many a story about it. Just pull the foil nice and snug after you have punhced the holes as the pressing from the poker, or whatever you use, will cause it to sag a bit toward the spire. Retightening it after punching the holes virtually eliminates the problem. Smoke happy.

Al Fakher Large Solid and a bowl of DM . . . life is good!
Old June 25th, 2010, 11:59 AM
Hookah Nut

Never had any issues with my vortesx when i had it. It was the first bowl i ever learned how to use. It is a better design right out of the packaging.

Phunnel draws all the smoke/ heat tword the top, where the hole is, so a mod is needed to get the heat to draw through the juices. A vortex has the holes down the spire, and forces the heat/smoke into the juices right out of the box. no mod needed.
Give a man a match, he will be warm for an hour. Set that man on fire he will be warm the rest of his life.
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook