Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

P.O. Box

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old June 25th, 2010, 10:52 AM
AralVorkosigan
Hookah Nut

Default P.O. Box

So I am seriously considering opening a PDX P.O. Box so i can recieve Tobacco in the mail, especially with this new contest going on, I really like hookah Hookah, but the HHE is just not doing it for me. So my question is, and i cant find in on the USPS website:

Say i get a small P.O. Box, and the Sahara Smoke box obviously wont fit inside my box, what happens. I am sure its a dumb question, but then again i dont understand why they would offer larger sizes if they will just hold overflow behind the counter.

If they hold it that would rick, only 20 bucks for 6 months, and that would be better than having to rely on my local shops to provide me with the shisha I really wanna try.

Edit. The P.O. Box I found is about 10 min from the Airport walking, so that is awesome!

Last edited by AralVorkosigan; June 25th, 2010 at 10:59 AM. Reason: More Information
Old June 25th, 2010, 11:08 AM
SoWz
Hookah Pro

Default Re: P.O. Box

I think if you get a big package they put a slip in your box and you pick it up from the counter. Some places don't mail to P.O. boxes though.
Old June 25th, 2010, 11:12 AM
AralVorkosigan
Hookah Nut

Copy that. Ya, i was weeding through more of the site, and it says only the USPS Will deliever to a P.O box, so i would have to make sure they do that. Such a pain in the ass.
Old June 25th, 2010, 11:16 AM
SavageBeast
Hookah Pro

Ya man, you'd be better off just doin your thing like everybody else. Haha I know it's a pain sometimes when your package isn't there and you have to go out of your way to get it. Ups. Haha I like the fact that they leave it. I have it sent to my grandmas address though cuz she lives in a nicer neighborhood.
Old June 25th, 2010, 11:20 AM
AralVorkosigan
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by SavageBeast View Post
Ya man, you'd be better off just doin your thing like everybody else. Haha I know it's a pain sometimes when your package isn't there and you have to go out of your way to get it. Ups. Haha I like the fact that they leave it. I have it sent to my grandmas address though cuz she lives in a nicer neighborhood.
ya, Pdx is a little out of the way for a seattle resident. 40 bucks a year so I can get somthing mailled to my house that is totally legal to buy in a shop by my place. really, i should bill christine Gregiore, our governer, the 40 bucks a year for a P.O. box.
Old June 25th, 2010, 11:38 AM
ariberns
Hookah Master

you should just pay the local store owner to receive packages for you
i think the law is that tobacco cant be sent to private residences but businesses with the license can receive it
Old June 25th, 2010, 11:56 AM
AralVorkosigan
Hookah Nut

that is the law. At that point though I am spending money for every shipment. It would be cheaper to open a P.O. Box, rather than spend 5 bucks or whatever for every order i make. I fly free and the P.O. box is within walking distance from PDX. I have thought about that though, and I may end up see what I can do on that front before shelling out the money. Maybe they would do it for free, or maybe even start to stock stuff I start ordering. Worth a shot maybe.
Old June 25th, 2010, 11:59 AM
ariberns
Hookah Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by AralVorkosigan View Post
that is the law. At that point though I am spending money for every shipment. It would be cheaper to open a P.O. Box, rather than spend 5 bucks or whatever for every order i make. I fly free and the P.O. box is within walking distance from PDX. I have thought about that though, and I may end up see what I can do on that front before shelling out the money. Maybe they would do it for free, or maybe even start to stock stuff I start ordering. Worth a shot maybe.
a local vendor is in business to make money, if you pay him a little bit to get shipments for you, it could save you the time to fly there and back, plus not everyone ships to a P.O box
also maybe you will develop a relationship with that vendor and he will simply carry the products you want and take good care of you
Old June 25th, 2010, 12:00 PM
AralVorkosigan
Hookah Nut

That really does not sound like a bad idea. I think I will try to go that route. worst they can say is no in broken english.
Old June 25th, 2010, 12:05 PM
Dusty62
Hookah Aficionado

Yeah, it would be similar to buying firearms online. They ship to a dealer or individual who has an FFL and you pay a minimal fee to "use" their FFL. It works very well for firearms. No reason it shouldn't work for tobacco, too. Smoke happy.

dus'
Old June 25th, 2010, 12:08 PM
AralVorkosigan
Hookah Nut

Next itme i go into my shop i will see whats up. will let you all know how it goes.
Old June 25th, 2010, 12:49 PM
plec
Hookah Nut

po boxes are a waste of money unless youre a small business or are doing something illegal and dont want people to know your address. hardly anyone ships to them and idk about your POworkers but i get in an argument with them every time in there which is like once a week:/
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook