Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

I am stepping Down

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old May 31st, 2007, 08:02 PM
Smiley
Hookah Nut

Default I am stepping Down

Due to the situation that occured here... over what I still not sure of. So I am giveing up my mod position. I don't want people to think just because i have a Hookah Business I shouldn't be a Mod. Well i have to say is. I understand that this place is for Hookah Smokers and not Vendors. Even though i have been Smokeing Hookah alot longer than most here. But I am a person of Hookah first Business owner second. I do also understand that Sam has invested alot of money in this place.He does not want it to look like there is a inflence here especially by me. I don't really care if you guys buy from the Club or some other vendor. I was not here to Boost Sales. I was asked by a Phone call from Sam to be a Mod to help boost Population. I made a video and posted it on You Tube to help with the ranking of the forum on the search engines. I have also put links on my sites to help with population and ranking. I would not have done all of these things if i was i n this to make Money. I wanted to help. I already have a successful business. (Thank God) So I don't need to influence sales useing this Board. Alot of people do that. All I have done was offer you all and them real nice products for cheap. But I really do not want to deal with the drama. I blame alot of people. Those people know who they are. I will still contribute. But not nearly the passtionate energy as before. I may not have invested Money... Sam. I sure have invested a Shit ton of energy and time to help build population. Everyones Time is Valuable. Especially mine time. I am very busy running a business. Good luck and have fun. No regrets. Maybe a few.
Smiley
Smiley
Old May 31st, 2007, 08:10 PM
Zerodynamic
Hookah Newbie

Send a message via AIM to Zerodynamic
Default Re: I am stepping Down

Hey Smiley I am glad to see that you are still going to be around!
Old May 31st, 2007, 08:11 PM
sammniamii
Hookah Guru

Hopefully you'll not dis'o'appear on us. I hate that all this drama... (hugs - I'm female, I can hug people :P)
Old May 31st, 2007, 08:14 PM
Zerodynamic
Hookah Newbie

Send a message via AIM to Zerodynamic

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammniamii
Hopefully you'll not dis'o'appear on us. I hate that all this drama... (hugs - I'm female, I can hug people :P)
you shouldn't of said that. let the internet leg humping begin!
Old May 31st, 2007, 08:16 PM
sammniamii
Hookah Guru

*rolls eyes* children! LOL....
Old May 31st, 2007, 08:23 PM
Hajo Flettner
Hookah Legend

Smiley, I'm sad to hear this. I always liked the way i've seen you handle stuff so I hope you'll stick around. A lot of great people are here and the mods seem pretty cool as well. This place would be a lot worse off without you.
Old May 31st, 2007, 08:40 PM
cymptom
Hookah Newbie

An honorable decision on your part smiley, and I believe it can only attest to the professional qualities of your character as a businessman. I think that to ensure the quality of this forum, members need to be assured that all management decisions are 100% uninfluenced by business interests. I don't mean to suggest that you had any intention of exploiting your position as a moderator to your own benefit, but as a general rule in upholding quality management, vendors just should not be moderators. This way, there is less room for people to question the motivations behind official decisions being made here.
Old May 31st, 2007, 08:54 PM
Sambooka
Sambooka Jr.

My shoulder is killing me, from all this typing! lol, seriously though it is really hurtin'

But I wanted to comment really quickly, and say that Smiley has invested a lot of time in this community! I thank him in multiple ways for helping so much here by contributing with building up the community! I can't thank him enough! I guess the only way I can support him is through his nargileclub! and, well hopefully my order is on the way in other words, I am definitely a supporter of the Nargileclub! My order should be arriving next week, and there will be many reviews coming!

I hope your contributions to the community doesn't stop Smiley, I want you here! This is your community too, you are a founding father! Stepping down from modship is very big of you, and I respect that, being that you are a retailer, it is probably best to have non-retailers and non-vendors moderate ..

I would hope that you stay around, and continue to help build up this great community that we have been working on, dang, we've worked hard, let's keep going! It's just getting started

I consider you my friend, and hope you feel the same ... the request of considering stepping down from modship was purely based on you being a retailer...and was absoultely nothing personal! Please know that Smiley, and everyone else. Nothing has changed, hopefully Smiley will be around just as much, just without mod privileges, which is actually releasing you of a burden when ya think of it? hahaha sometimes I would like to step down, my shoulder is Killin' me! so on that note...

Cheers My Friend!

http://www.hookahpro.com - Hookah Pro Community - Hookah Forum
~Favorite Hookah~ Khalil Mamoon Amer .. (she leans, so I call her Eileen)
~Favorite Setup~ Egyptian Hookah, Vortex Bowl, Natural Coals (Exotica or Coconara)
~Current Flavor Favorites~ Ayam Zaman 1001 Nights, Hookah Freak Spiced Apple Cider, Starbuzz White Peach
Nakhla Double Apple, Nakhla Earl Grey, Nakhla Sweet Melon, Nakhla Cinnamon, Nakhla Cardamom, Nakhla Fakhfakhina Mixed Fruit, Nakhla El Basha Grape
Al Fakher Mint, Al Fakher Orange, Al Fakher Cinnamon
HookahPro.com .. powered by Elites!
Old May 31st, 2007, 08:55 PM
Sambooka
Sambooka Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cymptom
An honorable decision on your part smiley, and I believe it can only attest to the professional qualities of your character as a businessman. I think that to ensure the quality of this forum, members need to be assured that all management decisions are 100% uninfluenced by business interests. I don't mean to suggest that you had any intention of exploiting your position as a moderator to your own benefit, but as a general rule in upholding quality management, vendors just should not be moderators. This way, there is less room for people to question the motivations behind official decisions being made here.
+1 to this! Well Said!

~Favorite Setup~ Egyptian Hookah, Vortex Bowl, Natural Coals (Exotica or Coconara)
~Current Flavor Favorites~ Ayam Zaman 1001 Nights, Hookah Freak Spiced Apple Cider, Starbuzz White Peach
Nakhla Double Apple, Nakhla Earl Grey, Nakhla Sweet Melon, Nakhla Cinnamon, Nakhla Cardamom, Nakhla Fakhfakhina Mixed Fruit, Nakhla El Basha Grape
Old May 31st, 2007, 09:51 PM
KoRnKitten
Moderator Kitteh

Send a message via AIM to KoRnKitten Send a message via Yahoo to KoRnKitten

smiley,
I wanted to say that i know how you feel. I still support you in all that you do and still support smileys ultimate, and nargileclub. I am sorry to hear you are stepping down. I hope that you still come to the boards and hang out as i've enjoyed talking to you. i just dont know what else to say man. I'm kinda speechless. which is a first for me

GLaDOS: "You euthanised your faithful companion cube more quickly than any test subject on record. Congratulations!"
Old May 31st, 2007, 10:37 PM
angemonkwj
Hookah Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by cymptom
i also applaud your choice my friend. like everyone else here, i hope that u will still stay around and keep posting.
Old May 31st, 2007, 11:27 PM
Smiley
Hookah Nut

Just stick to the rules. Thats all i ask. i don't want to see Tangiers or Hookah company or anyone else from companies That includes Smokestackers and Bliss. Keep the Mods Civilian. Thats all I ask.
Smiley
I wil be around. But I have a nasty taste in my mouth right now. But i will be here and there.
Smiley
Old June 1st, 2007, 03:12 AM
KoRnKitten
Moderator Kitteh

Send a message via AIM to KoRnKitten Send a message via Yahoo to KoRnKitten

I'm sorry smiley. I think that the next set of mods when the time comes will be voted on * i dunno just guessing. right now we're small enough to have the few we have.

I will be dead set against any companies and such for mod instatement (sp). It would not be fair for you to have stepped down and then another mod affiliated with a store, or site pop up later.

I'm glad to see you'll still be around. It will take a while to heal, as i am not totally great either. if you know what i mean

GLaDOS: "You euthanised your faithful companion cube more quickly than any test subject on record. Congratulations!"
Old June 1st, 2007, 08:13 AM
Sambooka
Sambooka Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoRnKitten
I'm sorry smiley. I think that the next set of mods when the time comes will be voted on * i dunno just guessing. right now we're small enough to have the few we have.

I will be dead set against any companies and such for mod instatement (sp). It would not be fair for you to have stepped down and then another mod affiliated with a store, or site pop up later.

I'm glad to see you'll still be around. It will take a while to heal, as i am not totally great either. if you know what i mean
+1 to ALL of this!

Mods will vote on any new mods, and future mods will not be vendors/retailers.

Old June 1st, 2007, 08:36 AM
Sambooka
Sambooka Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiley
Just stick to the rules. Thats all i ask. i don't want to see Tangiers or Hookah company or anyone else from companies That includes Smokestackers and Bliss. Keep the Mods Civilian. Thats all I ask.
Smiley
I wil be around. But I have a nasty taste in my mouth right now. But i will be here and there.
Smiley
Smiley ... Glad to hear you will still be around, and sorry you have a nasty taste in your mouth, believe me when I say I have an aching in my gut as a result of this ... I am very sorry, but I think deep down members understand the "whys" ... and they show their love for you in the posts above. You are a great man, and a well respected member of the hookah community! This is strictly a result of attempting to run a forum that is not moderated by retailers or vendors. This is absolutely nothing personal! I am sure the members can understand that ... I don't know what else I can say ... it is definitely nothing personal ... please note that

I truly hope you will be around, and continue to contribute all that you have!

Cheers My Friend!

Old June 1st, 2007, 02:19 PM
Lakemonster
Hookah Enthusiast

As much as you'd make a good moderator, you are doing a good thing as a whole. That keeps the "purity" of this forum in play. High Road move, IMHO.

Besides.... its more fun just to be a member..... less jive to deal with, eh?
Old June 21st, 2007, 07:28 PM
Sambooka
Sambooka Jr.

I am publicly posting the PM that I sent to Smiley that resulted with him respectfully resigning and stepping down from modship on his own behalf, for the best interest of the community. A very noble and respectable decision on his part.

The PM I sent was justified and started out as a question on what the future may hold with more members, etc. and the possibilities of people disagreeing with his products. (you can read the PM)

I have said it once, I will say it again, I have total respect for Smiley, and hope that someday he will come back around and continue to contribute to the community!

You can plainly read above, that the community respects Smiley, and his decision to step down from modship to leave it to the non-vendors and non-retailers, and continue the quality of the forum/community.

--- Here is the PM sent to Smiley ---

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sambooka
OK, in all seriousness...

Do you think you will still be able to handle your modship? The reason I ask, is as we get bigger ... there are gonna be personal attacks against you by members, being that you are in the retail business. Do you feel that you can stay neutral and not get mad in public about someone expressing there distaste against your personal store/ product/ or friends.... etc
... I do want to say you did handle the "so smiley....." post very well, and professionally, but that is what I am talking about, there are gonna be other attacks! and as a mod, you will have to handle it professionally, so that Hookah Pro succeeds ...

I also want to say that you did add fuel to the fire with mush, and KoRKitten too, I am warning you BOTH, because I want to see this succeed! I am putting money into this. Have already paid for the next two years! Hope you see where I am coming from, and can see my side of it...??

Cheers My Friend!
Sambooka

Old June 21st, 2007, 07:34 PM
Sambooka
Sambooka Jr.

I am not locking this thread, and don't want to have to lock it...
...it has been dead for 3 weeks now, the only reason I posted the PM is to defend Hookah Pro, against being called double crossers.

The posted replies above, plainly show the support of Smiley and his respectful decision to step down and leave the moderation to the remaining mods.

Cheers!

... Let's let it rest now ...

Old June 22nd, 2007, 08:08 PM
cymptom
Hookah Newbie

I was really confused when I read that message at nargileclub.com -- I don't understand why he would have beef with HP. After rereading it, it's possible that the message is directed only towards HookahForum.com -- when he says "due to politics involving hookahforum.com and Hookahpro.com" he could simply be referring to the conflict at HF which resulted in his getting banned.

In any case, your PM to Smiley expresses concerns of utmost importance -- if he did indeed take offense, it only contributes to the thought that he has difficulty maintaining professionalism in such situations.
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook