Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Nahkla

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old February 23rd, 2008, 07:35 PM
larrypzlast
Hookah Enthusiast

Send a message via MSN to larrypzlast
Default Nahkla

I have some Nahkla. I am going to get straight to the point, this shish is really harsh when im smoking it. Could it be because it is dry?
Old February 23rd, 2008, 07:37 PM
sammniamii
Hookah Guru

Default Re: Nahkla

Yes & no - Nahkla needs heat to get started, but you have to be careful NOT to add too much. Plus, Nahkla is stronger than normal tobacco brands anyways. Not quite as strong as Tangiers, but it's alot different than Al Fakher or Hookah-Hookah. Plus, it has a buzz that can floor you - expect that and plan accordingly.
Old February 23rd, 2008, 07:46 PM
JillyIsJustKidding
Deleted Per User Request

Yeah it is mostly b/c it is dry and that there is a lot of heat. Because of this, Nakhla burns really easily. It is a good brand, but its just cuz of that, it is why I don't like it too much :P
Old February 23rd, 2008, 08:17 PM
mylkshake
Hookah Nut

lol i was smoking that Nahkla strawberry/banana mix with larry, i woulda guessed it was harsh because of how dry it was
Old February 23rd, 2008, 09:16 PM
Dunkel
Bad Motherf^&*er!

Nakhla is a drier shisha for sure. Like Sammn said about the heat management. It's easy to smoke but also easy to mess up if you aren't careful. If it starts getting harsh take off the coals and exhale through the hose a few times. This does 2 things. It clears the harsh smoke in the vase and cools the shisha down quickly. Then put your coal or coals back on along the edge and try again. I find I get my best sessions with Nakhla in an Egyptian clay bowl by using 1/4 of an Exotica stick and a windcover.
Old February 23rd, 2008, 10:03 PM
Hajo Flettner
Hookah Legend

Nahkla is different then American style shisha and you need to do things a little differently. When Nahkla is fresh it is a bit wetter then what we are used to in the states but it is still dryer then a lot brands. I suggest adding 5ml of glycerine pe 25-30g of shisha and remeber that when you pack a bowl or mix in the glycerine you need to wet your fingers first. Once you pack a bowl i'd suggest 4 half sections of a quick lite or a single stick of exotica broken into 4 bits. You'll not it takes a few minutes to get going but once it does heat management is easy enough.
Old February 24th, 2008, 03:01 AM
Sambooka
Sambooka Jr.

Try less heat and a windcover ... Nakhla can be really finicky! But can be very enjoyable if you master it!

While you are mastering it, try using two layers of foil? or the less coals and a windcover trick.

Cheers!

http://www.hookahpro.com - Hookah Pro Community - Hookah Forum
~Favorite Hookah~ Khalil Mamoon Amer .. (she leans, so I call her Eileen)
~Favorite Setup~ Egyptian Hookah, Vortex Bowl, Natural Coals (Exotica or Coconara)
~Current Flavor Favorites~ Ayam Zaman 1001 Nights, Hookah Freak Spiced Apple Cider, Starbuzz White Peach
Nakhla Double Apple, Nakhla Earl Grey, Nakhla Sweet Melon, Nakhla Cinnamon, Nakhla Cardamom, Nakhla Fakhfakhina Mixed Fruit, Nakhla El Basha Grape
Al Fakher Mint, Al Fakher Orange, Al Fakher Cinnamon
HookahPro.com .. powered by Elites!
Old February 24th, 2008, 04:35 AM
Frank Dux
Hookah Newbie

Two ways I have gotten nakhla to smoke good, and I love my Nakhla. Either pack an ass load so it is a mound in the foil. They use some coals, wil taste buirnt for a few, then it smooths out, it burns the top like tombac style, and that burnt layer protects the lower layer and there is good smoke. I never did this until the lounge in Va did it and I always got good smoke. The other way is pack like normal and use 1 1/2 3K that is usually enough heat to ge tit going good. Or one 3K and a windcover
Old February 24th, 2008, 06:43 AM
dmcwebd
Vendor

Send a message via MSN to dmcwebd

nahkla is bad.. they should ban nahkla from the face of planet earth
Old February 24th, 2008, 10:54 AM
Seth_DeNightshade
Hookah Nut

Nahkla is great

Just takes some skill to get it smoking well. I had some uk-purchased nahkla cherry last night and I had clouds as big as any of the 'modern' tobaccos and tastey tastey! hmmmmm

Love Nahkla!

JD
Old February 24th, 2008, 10:59 AM
Frank Dux
Hookah Newbie

I started out with nakhla, I think when people start out with the other brands, AW, AF, SB, Fumari, they ar enot used to how dry nakhla is, and it is the driest round,b ut some of its flavors are the best. Mango is the one I really love.
Old February 24th, 2008, 03:18 PM
dakingkevin23
Hookah Guru

Send a message via AIM to dakingkevin23

i don't like nakhla because it knocks me out. plus you need to have a good amount of heat, but not enough to burn it. it's a tricky tobacco. you'll need to experiment with it
Old February 25th, 2008, 02:46 PM
abu ronin
Hookah Master

Send a message via Yahoo to abu ronin

nahkla is one of my favs. But as many have already stated, it can be touchy w/regards to heat. It's a traditional shisha, meaning it's mollasses/honey based. No glycerin!This makes it much more heat sensitive. If you've ever wondered what shisha was like hudreds of years ago, this as close as it gets. In fact, from what I've read, their recipe hasn't really changed in almost 80 yrs.
Nahkla also has 3 other brands that they produce. El besha, fahkfahina, and sheherazade. They're known for having some of the most realistic flavors around, and once you wrap your head around how to smoke it, you should enjoy! It is also an unwashed shisha, therefore, as Sam stated, the buzz can knock you back a bit!
good luck!
Old February 26th, 2008, 02:00 PM
swoop4422
Hookah Newbie

Send a message via AIM to swoop4422

try acclimating it for aout 6 hours....(if you dont kow what this is see the acclimation post)
Old February 26th, 2008, 06:03 PM
fashow69
Hookah Nut

bleh i dont dig nahkla too much.
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook