Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Tangiers flavor advice

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old June 3rd, 2007, 02:12 AM
KoRnKitten
Moderator Kitteh

Send a message via AIM to KoRnKitten Send a message via Yahoo to KoRnKitten
Default Tangiers flavor advice

Ok. I've never smoked tangiers before* gasp*

ok, now that i've gotten that out of the way, I know, FOR SURE, I want to try Kashmir Peach, and Raspberry.

What are your favorites. (I have checked the reviews, but there's not a whole lot in there yet. )

Any Advice?

GLaDOS: "You euthanised your faithful companion cube more quickly than any test subject on record. Congratulations!"
Old June 3rd, 2007, 11:04 AM
ASUSEAN
Hookah Nut

Default Re: Tangiers flavor advice

orange soda, hmm,, lemon lime, tropical revenge, watermelon, kasmir peach
Old June 3rd, 2007, 01:55 PM
nofrendo
Hookah Nut

SPEARMINT by far

In my experience, after following all directions to the letter, Tangiers is still a little harsh.

Not on the inhale, but on the exhale.

It seems like it would be more enjoyable for cigarette smokers

Spearmint definitely counteracts this though. Plus, it tastes just like Wrigley's Doublemint
Old June 3rd, 2007, 02:01 PM
Sambooka
Sambooka Jr.

My advice, is this...

I tried Watermelon, and had a bad first session, ended up switching to something else after 5 minutes. I did try acclimating for a little bit and tried again. And it was better, but not amazing ... I traded my tangiers watermelon.

... I have not given up hope though, and plan on trying some Kashmire Peach if I can find someone that will trade me some

I would recommend that you just try one flavor for now, maybe try the kashmire peach, as that seems to be everyones "must have" tangiers flavor. See how that works out for you KK..just my .02 cents

http://www.hookahpro.com - Hookah Pro Community - Hookah Forum
~Favorite Hookah~ Khalil Mamoon Amer .. (she leans, so I call her Eileen)
~Favorite Setup~ Egyptian Hookah, Vortex Bowl, Natural Coals (Exotica or Coconara)
~Current Flavor Favorites~ Ayam Zaman 1001 Nights, Hookah Freak Spiced Apple Cider, Starbuzz White Peach
Nakhla Double Apple, Nakhla Earl Grey, Nakhla Sweet Melon, Nakhla Cinnamon, Nakhla Cardamom, Nakhla Fakhfakhina Mixed Fruit, Nakhla El Basha Grape
Al Fakher Mint, Al Fakher Orange, Al Fakher Cinnamon
HookahPro.com .. powered by Elites!
Old June 3rd, 2007, 02:58 PM
KoRnKitten
Moderator Kitteh

that's cool. I just heard that Kashmir peach or any kashmir flavor isn't the best to try out as your first tangiers experience. so i was asking for opinions lol

but i think i'll like tangiers.

So far I have Raspberry, Kashmir Peach, Watermelon, that i def want to try now. lol

sean- what is tropical revenge?

GLaDOS: "You euthanised your faithful companion cube more quickly than any test subject on record. Congratulations!"
Old June 3rd, 2007, 03:29 PM
sammniamii
Hookah Guru

I just tried my Kashmir peachy yesterday - it's so much lighter than any of the other flavors I've tried. I highly suggest that one... Kiwi was good, but strong.

And as to Ciggy smokers liking Tangier's better - NOPE! I've had 4 ciggy smokers try my Tangiers - every last blinking one of them complained and coughed, made me re-pack the bowl with something "lighter". I haven't touched a Ciggy in 3 weeks and I can smoke it, they can't.... Ok, WTHeck?
Old June 3rd, 2007, 06:25 PM
Sambooka
Sambooka Jr.

It is definitely an acquired taste...

~Favorite Setup~ Egyptian Hookah, Vortex Bowl, Natural Coals (Exotica or Coconara)
~Current Flavor Favorites~ Ayam Zaman 1001 Nights, Hookah Freak Spiced Apple Cider, Starbuzz White Peach
Nakhla Double Apple, Nakhla Earl Grey, Nakhla Sweet Melon, Nakhla Cinnamon, Nakhla Cardamom, Nakhla Fakhfakhina Mixed Fruit, Nakhla El Basha Grape
Old June 4th, 2007, 06:30 PM
nofrendo
Hookah Nut

Well My first flavor was F-Line Kashmir... I didn't really like the flavor, but I liked the smoke

The Kashmir tastes like cologne to me, but I got a nice buzz and kinda tingly

I actually liked the DELIVERY of the flavor, in that it was a strong taste and a good smoke.

Acclimation made a world of difference to me... When I first got it, it smelled like dog food... could NOT tell the flavors apart

After about 6 hours of acclimation, with regular shaking and venting in gladware containers, the smell improved 500%

No matter how thick the smoke is, it's about the same harshness, which makes me think that's just kinda how the stuff is.

The only thing, is I have to get used to all the nicotine... every time I smoke Tangiers for more than like 20 mins, I feel like I have to throw up...
Old June 4th, 2007, 10:12 PM
speel
Hookah Pro

Send a message via AIM to speel

Tastes like beef jerky
Old June 4th, 2007, 10:19 PM
cymptom
Hookah Newbie

When it smokes its best, Tangiers really shouldn't be harsh at all and actually won't even buzz you more than any other unwashed tobacco. It's just DAMN GOOD. Some might not believe it, and believe me I know why -- I went 6+ months of smoking Tangiers at least once a day without getting it to smoke smooth. It happens. I think the key is to pack it as sloppily as you can. That's when it smokes its best. Just pick up globs and drop them in the bowl -- that's what's been working for me lately.

Anyway, about the flavors... I just tried Lemon Blossom and it's awesome. Definitely give that a try if floral lemony goodness sounds tasty to you.
Old June 4th, 2007, 10:33 PM
ASUSEAN
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoRnKitten
sean- what is tropical revenge?
not really sure.. eric told me once but im totally spacing.. it smelled good right when i opened it.. which some tangiers flavors smell werid til you acclimate them for a couple hours.. well anyway.. i had 6 kilos of tangiers and that was one of the first flavors to go
Old June 5th, 2007, 06:54 AM
sammniamii
Hookah Guru

my biggest pet peeve is that mostly you have to buy 250g packs of tangiers @ $11-13 per. I want to try some of the new flavors, but I don't want to throw away that much $$ if they aren't my cup o tea, you know... If i like them "YEAH", but if not....

I want to try: [list][*]Red Tea[*]Orange Soda[*]Peach Tea[*]New Raspberry[*]Lemon Blossom[/list]
I may consider getting some and then "spreading" it around, but...
Old June 5th, 2007, 12:57 PM
nofrendo
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by speel
Tastes like beef jerky
Acclimation my friend!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cymptom
When it smokes its best, Tangiers really shouldn't be harsh at all and actually won't even buzz you more than any other unwashed tobacco. It's just DAMN GOOD. Some might not believe it, and believe me I know why -- I went 6+ months of smoking Tangiers at least once a day without getting it to smoke smooth. It happens. I think the key is to pack it as sloppily as you can. That's when it smokes its best. Just pick up globs and drop them in the bowl -- that's what's been working for me lately.

Anyway, about the flavors... I just tried Lemon Blossom and it's awesome. Definitely give that a try if floral lemony goodness sounds tasty to you.
I'll have to try jus glopping it in there, I have been breaking it up. The problem is, as soon as I get it to smoke wonderfully, the harshness develops

It is damn tasty though
Old June 5th, 2007, 12:58 PM
nofrendo
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammniamii
my biggest pet peeve is that mostly you have to buy 250g packs of tangiers @ $11-13 per. I want to try some of the new flavors, but I don't want to throw away that much $$ if they aren't my cup o tea, you know... If i like them "YEAH", but if not....

I want to try: [list][*]Red Tea[*]Orange Soda[*]Peach Tea[*]New Raspberry[*]Lemon Blossom[/list]
I may consider getting some and then "spreading" it around, but...
I'll trade you a sample of Red Tea if you have some Golden Al Fakher... any type, i want to try that shit
Old June 5th, 2007, 01:11 PM
sammniamii
Hookah Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by nofrendo
I'll trade you a sample of Red Tea if you have some Golden Al Fakher... any type, i want to try that shit
If I had any, I would - but again with the spending of $$ without knowing, I've never popped for Gold AF or even Starbuzz. I'm a n00b on flavors - Nakl, Lay, Hav, HH, AW, AF, Smile, and Tang. Only tried 1 other (Al Amir - which I HATE)...
Old June 5th, 2007, 02:28 PM
KoRnKitten
Moderator Kitteh

sammi- one of the sights sell 100g packs of tangiers. I saw it the other day, got supper excited loaded my cart up with like 20 and then realized they were 100g bags, i was so pissed lol
i found it by typing in TANGIERS SHISHA into Froogle.com

Old June 5th, 2007, 02:40 PM
sammniamii
Hookah Guru

Found them as well, but they didn't have the new flavors. Well, at least all of them. They had Rapsberry and I think Orange Soda, but not the others. If I wheren't worried about my job right now, I'd pop for some and take the gamble, but... work is thin

Also found a second place that sells 100g bags of tarbuzz, but as before - i need to watch the $$ right now. I just have to enjoy what I have and be happy. Atleast I got the KP...
Old June 5th, 2007, 03:11 PM
DarkD3vil
Hookah Nut

i am going to curse my self by replying to this thread buut yeah i finally got my tangiers to smoke awsomely so yeah im cursed
Old June 5th, 2007, 03:33 PM
Erica
Hookah Newbie

Watermelon
Mint
Vanilla

I have a unopened pack of Tangy F-line cocoa… and uhm.. so other un opened flavors.. I think apricot that I haven’t gotten around to trying..
Old June 5th, 2007, 06:24 PM
cymptom
Hookah Newbie

The apricot is awesome... you should try it 8)
Old June 6th, 2007, 08:23 PM
AZcoyote
Hookah Newbie

Tangiers is an acquired taste for some, others just love it right away. When it's working right, there is nothing comparable that I know of.

I probably have at least 10 or so tangiers flavors on hand, and I like some more than others. Some are exceptional, some just damn good. There is a lot of flavor packed into Eric's baccy, and some flavors go off when they get too hot. Letting it cool off a bit can make a world of difference. I have returned to overheated bowls three days later and had a terrific session with no harshness at all. The new raspberry just did that. It's still a good flavor in my book. I can recommend the passionfruit and nectarine as 10's among the newer flavors. Your choices are great too. I would go with something more complex than orange soda. There's some orange in tropical revenge, or get just orange, it's among Eric's top selling flavors!

Old June 6th, 2007, 09:12 PM
KoRnKitten
Moderator Kitteh

thanks everyone for your help and thoughts. I think i have made up my mind, and i'll let you know what i get wheni place my order. If you still want to post your favorites in here please do so as i love to see what flavors everyone loves and try them next!!!

Old June 6th, 2007, 09:18 PM
cymptom
Hookah Newbie

Argh.... stay away from Hookah Company. I'm angry at them right now -- they sent me 250g of Kashmir Peach instead of the kilo I ordered and paid for, and now they seem to be giving me a hard time about sending out the rest of the tobacco. They want me to take a photo of what I got, but I don't have ready access to a camera right now...

This is the 3rd time in a row they've screwed up my order.
Old June 6th, 2007, 09:23 PM
Sambooka
Sambooka Jr.

ohhh that sucks, keep us posted on the status cymptom!

Old June 6th, 2007, 09:26 PM
Sambooka
Sambooka Jr.

You guys have me wanting to try the Tangiers again! Maybe someday I can get some samples of some of the "Must Haves" before I go and buy 250gms..

Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook