Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Smoke Shop In Rochester NY

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old August 22nd, 2010, 01:34 PM
stevedye56
Hookah Newbie

Default Smoke Shop In Rochester NY

Yikes!! I just got back from the local hookah bar. Was planning on picking up some shisha tobacco... First problem $18 for 100g of Social Smoke and $32 for a 250g tin... $7.95 for 50g of Romman and the winner NO Nakhla..

On the up-side I did get a used vortex bowl for $6!

Anyone near Rochester know of a better smoke shop? This one was called "Look-Ah-Hookah".

Thanks!
Old August 22nd, 2010, 01:42 PM
albeardslee
Hookah Nut

Default Re: Smoke Shop In Rochester NY

Yeah those prices are ridiculous! I can't help you with the better smoke shop sorry. That really sucks that it's socail smoke too, I'd kill to have that around here.
Old August 22nd, 2010, 02:17 PM
JohnnyIrving
Hookah Newbie

Wow ridiculous prices. I'd just google smoke shops or hookah and then your city name. The best deals can be found online, but I can understand wanting to have a good local shop.
Old August 22nd, 2010, 02:30 PM
stevedye56
Hookah Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyIrving View Post
Wow ridiculous prices. I'd just google smoke shops or hookah and then your city name. The best deals can be found online, but I can understand wanting to have a good local shop.
Yeah man, I have no problem paying an extra 2 bucks or something to support a local place but $7-$12 is just ridiculous.
Old August 26th, 2011, 08:39 AM
smoke it up
Hookah Newbie

This is obviously an old post, but maybe it helps to know that in the past year, alot of new smoke shops have opened. Two of them on the east side, of all places! Mad Hatters, which has ok items, I didn't see shisha there though. The other place is a few miles down Culver Road towards the city, Smoke on the Water. the owner had one hookah and said they were getting a bunch of hookahs and supplies in starting next month. I told them about Social Smoke and she said she'd look into it. They advertise competitive prices, so lets see what happens. You might want to check them out...I had a college id and they gave me a discount...the place is near Bay and Merchants on Culver Road.

Last edited by BIGPOPPA; August 26th, 2011 at 09:29 AM.
Old August 26th, 2011, 09:28 AM
Eashag
Hookah Nut

Jesus man, I mean, my local smoke shop doesn't have the greatest variety, but I get 100g for $7. And my new vortex bowl was only $8.

A quick google search rendered me this http://maps.google.com/maps/place?cl...16390104340502

May have been the same place you went to, dunno. But if you just google 'smoke shops rochester new york,' you'll get a number of results.

Edit: Just saw this was old... doh.
Old August 26th, 2011, 04:04 PM
IrateWookie
Hookah Nut

lookahhookah is a horrible place to buy anything (except bowl apparently). they are overpriced and in a moment of weakness i bought some super overpriced shisha from there, only to come home and find out it was dried and seemed VERY expired. avoid that shop at ALL cost.
Old August 26th, 2011, 04:13 PM
birdmankustomz
Hookah Pro

I keep telling people to avoid that place like the plague. It cost me and a few friends $33 for a bowl of al waha, with rusted hoses and a rig with a broken vase that only had enough water to bubble for about 5 min.
Old August 27th, 2011, 12:03 AM
Wild Bill
Hookah Newbie

Im there right now. Smokin' out of a Mya Vortex. No probs here. Prices are high because its the only place like it within a 100 miles. If you get a bad hose just say somthin' to one of the people workin there. Also NY has really high tobacco taxes. In fact the tax just went up 7 cents.
Old August 27th, 2011, 12:58 AM
Wild Bill
Hookah Newbie

Also It's $12.50 for a 100g tin or $14.00 of social smoke (depends on the flavor). $23.00 for 200g of SS (outrageous) $7.25 for Romman and 4.99 for Al Faker both 50g. Best deal is for the Al Faker.
Old August 27th, 2011, 11:55 AM
birdmankustomz
Hookah Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Bill View Post
Im there right now. Smokin' out of a Mya Vortex. No probs here. Prices are high because its the only place like it within a 100 miles. If you get a bad hose just say somthin' to one of the people workin there. Also NY has really high tobacco taxes. In fact the tax just went up 7 cents.
We did, to the owner, and she just blew us off and ended up yelling at one of the employees in front of everyone for something she didn't do (the last person working there messed up the oxygen bar). When the bowl was dead she basically kicked us out, even though for what we payed we were supposed to get all you can smoke. Never going back, if you have a half decent rig you can get a better smoke for way cheaper yourself.

(and high tobacco taxes doesn't explain them charging $27+ tax for a box of cocos)
Old August 27th, 2011, 05:48 PM
Wild Bill
Hookah Newbie

I've never had a problem there. There are two look ah hookahs one in Henrietta and one in Ithaca. The one in Ithaca is more expensive and I've never went to that one. Again the prices are high because it's the only place like it within 100 miles. Your paying a convenience fee. And online a box of cocos is gonna cost you $14.95 plus shipping ($8-$12) so your paying about the same price anyway.
Old August 28th, 2011, 01:21 AM
birdmankustomz
Hookah Pro

I was at the one in rochester, and the owner blew us off and was very unprofessional, as well as being super overpriced (even with shipping cocos shouldnt be more than $20 a box), not to mention the basic nonwashable hoses that they sold for like $15-25.00
Old August 28th, 2011, 01:52 PM
Lord Ramirez
Hookah Nut

Sad news. I'm going to Rochester on a buisness trip in Oct, and I would have liked to try somewhere new.
Old August 28th, 2011, 01:56 PM
IrateWookie
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Bill View Post
and one in Ithaca. The one in Ithaca is more expensive and I've never went to that one.
there is no longer one in Ithaca because it was horrible lounge with terrible prices and a shitty atmosphere. it closed down a little less than a year ago
Old August 28th, 2011, 04:33 PM
Wild Bill
Hookah Newbie

How long ago did you go there? I doubt it was the owner that was there because he only shows up once in a great while. A manager got fired within the past two months for being unprofessional.
Old August 28th, 2011, 04:53 PM
birdmankustomz
Hookah Pro

It was only a few months ago, and she said the owned the place, the huge fat bitch thats in the commercials
Old August 28th, 2011, 09:08 PM
Wild Bill
Hookah Newbie

Never seen her.
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook