Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Is there any way to identify a legit brand?

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old March 11th, 2008, 11:37 AM
rerotica
Hookah Newbie

Default Is there any way to identify a legit brand?

I was thinking about buying myself a "new job present" and paying the money back to my account when I start getting paid. My local headshop has what LOOK identical to MYA QT's and i was thinking about picking one up. $54. they only carry 3 kings QL's, and 250 g. El basha and nahkla shisha, at $10/box. It's all sort of overpriced, but I figure for a first purchase maybe a local buy would be better. My main question here is, is there any chance these QT's are fake? knockoffs? Going to crap out on me at moment's notice? I tested the stem with a magnet, and it's steel, but I've always been wary of this particular shop..
Old March 11th, 2008, 11:40 AM
daedra
Hookah Enthusiast

Send a message via MSN to daedra
Default Re: Is there any way to identify a legit brand?

local buy is never the best option. you should check into getting your hookah from a online vendor.

nazar hookah
hookah company
hookah shisha
pimp your hookah
j&r hookahs

etc etc etc etc...

their prices are reasonable and they have discount codes (check the vendor section of the forum and find the discount code thread). so not only do you get a reasonably priced hookah with a discount, you can also get some free stuff with that hookah (some free shisha, free coals, tongs, a bowl, hose, grommets etc).
Old March 11th, 2008, 11:43 AM
rerotica
Hookah Newbie

My problem with online is that they're all located Stateside or further. Shipping seems alright, but there's always a chance I'l lose the whole package to tobacco laws.
Old March 11th, 2008, 11:49 AM
daedra
Hookah Enthusiast

Send a message via MSN to daedra

what state are you in exactly?
Old March 11th, 2008, 11:52 AM
austinthecity
Hookah Pro

sounds like he's overseas...

for the QT, ask him if you can check if it's airtight. to do that, take off the bowl and put your finger over the top of the stem. then suck through the hose or hose port. you shouldn't get any air. If it's airtight, then go for it.

as far as checking about 3K, there was a post recently that had pics of what 3K should look like. i haven't really heard of fake nakhla... so can't help ya there.
Old March 11th, 2008, 01:42 PM
Raid3n
Hookah Enthusiast

Send a message via MSN to Raid3n

the dead giveaway is the tray will have the mya logo etched onto it. if thats there its authentic. if not check to see if its airtight and if it is go for it anyways. knockoff or not it will still treat you well.

for the 3k if i remember right the date doesnt match the boxes date or a card put inside. thats the most i can remember for that
Old March 11th, 2008, 03:34 PM
sabsz
Hookah Pro

Hi, I read in another post that you are form Ontario, Canada. I live in Southern Ontario, and have ordered more than once from Nazar Hookah. There were no problems for me. I ordered a hookah on one ocassion and tobacco and coals on another. If you order from any respectable online vendor from Daedra's list you should recieve your order in good condition..it may not be very fast, but that is expected. Buying online is usually a better idea anyways, because you get variety, authenticity, and usually your money's worth. Also If you ever see Shisha somewhere in a store in Ontario that ISNT Nakhla or some herbal crap, Please PM me.
Old March 11th, 2008, 03:51 PM
rerotica
Hookah Newbie

SW Ontario here, whereabouts are you? You havn't had any problems with duties on tobacco products?
Old March 11th, 2008, 04:08 PM
sabsz
Hookah Pro

I am in the Niagara area. I had to pay 20 dollars cash for some shipping BS with the hookah when it arrived at my house but that I think that was because of something else I'm not sure exactly what had happened.
Old March 14th, 2008, 12:14 PM
ZenSilk
Hookah Master

Buy it from a Reputable Vendor. That ensures quality, most of the time.

But honestly, all you have to do is smell it. If it smells like shit, throw it out. If it smells good, smoke it. If it's a fake brand that smokes as well as the real brand, why not smoke it...? It doesn't matter.

On the internet, it's easy. If it doesn't look like Normal Starbuzz, or Normal AF, or Normal (Whatever), then don't buy it. All the Normal looks can be seen on HookahCompany.com or Hookah-Shisha.com.
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook