Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

How to set up Kamal

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old March 11th, 2008, 02:42 PM
Hajo Flettner
Hookah Legend

Default How to set up Kamal

Iíve been trying a bunch of samples of Kamal (see the reviews) and Iíve found a few tips that will help get the most out this mediocre brand.

1) The banana and honey flavours should not be smoked but used to take up space at land fills or torture your enemies with.

2) Before packing the bowl mix 25ml of shisha with 5ml of glycerine while keeping your fingers wet with water.

3) When packing the bowl constantly wet your fingers with water. Do your best to fluff the shisha and pack loosely.

4) Donít use a regular Egyptian bowl. Use a funnel or super chief instead.

5) The foil should have 5 pinholes in a line every 3/8" or so with a larger hole in the center if you use a super chief.

6) make sure the entire outer diameter of the bowl is lined with coals at the start of the session and wait a couple of minutes before drawing on the hose. Donít expect much taste or smoke for the first 10 minutes or so of the session.

7) The coals should be tamped and rotated every five minutes or so after the first 10 minutes or so of the session.

8) Smoking Kamal will cover your narghileís interior with a thick tar like substance so be ready to put in a lot of elbow grease to get the goo out after every use.
Old March 11th, 2008, 09:45 PM
Dunkel
Bad Motherf^&*er!

Default Re: How to set up Kamal

Number 8 is the whole truth and nothing but the truth. I probably won't smoke Kamal anymore for that reason.
Old March 11th, 2008, 10:17 PM
JillyIsJustKidding
Deleted Per User Request

Lol seems like everyone seriously HATES this brand! ^_^

Looks like I'm gonna have to steer clear of this one...I probably will cuz it remnds me too much of Afzal
Old March 11th, 2008, 10:27 PM
Dunkel
Bad Motherf^&*er!

No Afzal is a whole nother deal. At least Afzal doesn't coat everything in a black glue like substance. Some Kamal flavors are decent but not worth the extra clean up effort IMO.
Old March 11th, 2008, 11:02 PM
Hajo Flettner
Hookah Legend

Some Kamal flavours are pretty good but on the whole the brand is mediocre. Afzal is great ( well, the 6 or flavours i've tried in any case are) and it's far easier to set up then kamal. Afzal's Golden Amber, Silver Fox, liqorice, blue and balckberry are very good and Paan is fantastic.
Old March 11th, 2008, 11:38 PM
JillyIsJustKidding
Deleted Per User Request

Eck I dunno, the flavs I've tried of Afzal are Sweet melon and Watermelon...They got me really sick afterwards cuz its just way too overly sweet. Hehe I think I'm just gonna stick to AF ^_^
Old March 11th, 2008, 11:43 PM
Hajo Flettner
Hookah Legend

I've never had a sweet melon or watermelon that was anything other then cloyingly sweet so I don't smoke those flavours. The Afzal flavours I mentioned are excellent and Paan is one of the greatest tobaccos on the American market. AF has a lot of good stuff but so does Salloum, HH, HF, Fumari and Nkhla. You really should give some other stuff a shot. In terms of AF the best they make is Ark Sous.
Old March 16th, 2008, 08:30 PM
Sasquatch
Hookah Newbie

Oh god r they horrible when i got it i opened a bag and it looked like someone made this stuff by mixing gorilla glue with tobacco and some flavor
Old March 17th, 2008, 03:01 PM
shishaholiC
Hookah Pro

it reminds me of my homemade shisha. When you use honey (bee honey) with glycerin thats the result. The shisha becomes like a black solid ball stuck in the bowl and the stem has a black lining stuck on the inside. Took me over an hour to clean.

^^^^ for those who missed the point... all i wanted to say is that kamal is probably using honey. :P xD
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook