Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu
   

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Cigarettes

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old March 15th, 2008, 09:36 AM
guerila's Avatar
guerila
Status: Offline
Hookah Nut
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 377
Send a message via AIM to guerila Send a message via MSN to guerila Send a message via Yahoo to guerila
Default Cigarettes

pls tell if u have ever tried cigs.. and describe u feel having cigarette..
i tried smoking one and after the first draw, it was like of fck ! SO HARSH AND HOT ! i cudnt even complete my first puff.. did the same happen to you ?
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old March 15th, 2008, 09:50 AM
Dunkel's Avatar
Dunkel
Status: Offline
Bad Motherf^&*er!

 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: West by God Virginia
Posts: 10,708
Default Re: Cigarettes

I have smoked cigarettes on and off from age 15 - 34. When I quit 12/04/06 I was up to 2 packs a day. Cigarettes are definately more harsh and produce hotter smoke than the hookah. I'm glad to be rid of them. I notice that my breathing improved alot after quitting and my lungs sound better too.
__________________
Tangiers =
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old March 15th, 2008, 10:32 AM
guerila's Avatar
guerila
Status: Offline
Hookah Nut
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 377
Send a message via AIM to guerila Send a message via MSN to guerila Send a message via Yahoo to guerila
Default Re: Cigarettes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunkel View Post
I have smoked cigarettes on and off from age 15 - 34. When I quit 12/04/06 I was up to 2 packs a day. Cigarettes are definately more harsh and produce hotter smoke than the hookah. I'm glad to be rid of them. I notice that my breathing improved alot after quitting and my lungs sound better too.
thanx man.. and cigs produce SO THIN smoke ! i love hookah !
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old March 15th, 2008, 10:57 AM
EV4N's Avatar
EV4N
Status: Offline
Hookah Nut
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Columbia, South Carolina
Posts: 419
Send a message via AIM to EV4N
Default Re: Cigarettes

i use to smoke cigs. i was able to quit cold turkey, havent smoked one in 4 weeks. but they are very harsh and the smoke is really hot. but for some one who doesnt smoke very often you can get a little light headed depending on what brand you buy..
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old March 15th, 2008, 11:07 AM
guerila's Avatar
guerila
Status: Offline
Hookah Nut
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 377
Send a message via AIM to guerila Send a message via MSN to guerila Send a message via Yahoo to guerila
Default Re: Cigarettes

Quote:
Originally Posted by EV4N View Post
i use to smoke cigs. i was able to quit cold turkey, havent smoked one in 4 weeks. but they are very harsh and the smoke is really hot. but for some one who doesnt smoke very often you can get a little light headed depending on what brand you buy..
u r right.. it feels something..
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old March 15th, 2008, 12:05 PM
sexyghost's Avatar
sexyghost
Status: Offline
Hookah Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Riverside, California
Posts: 1,065
Send a message via AIM to sexyghost Send a message via MSN to sexyghost
Default Re: Cigarettes

I think cigarettes are nasty. I only used to smoke because I thought it was cool. I guess thats what happens when your 13 and can get your hands on them. I stopped it rather quickly and never really had one since.

Plus hookah smoking is way more cooler
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old March 15th, 2008, 12:07 PM
guerila's Avatar
guerila
Status: Offline
Hookah Nut
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 377
Send a message via AIM to guerila Send a message via MSN to guerila Send a message via Yahoo to guerila
Default Re: Cigarettes

Quote:
Originally Posted by sexyghost View Post
I think cigarettes are nasty. I only used to smoke because I thought it was cool. I guess thats what happens when your 13 and can get your hands on them. I stopped it rather quickly and never really had one since.

Plus hookah smoking is way more cooler
yup// when ur teens ..
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old March 15th, 2008, 12:27 PM
Raid3n's Avatar
Raid3n
Status: Offline
Hookah Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Alamosa, CO
Posts: 1,196
Send a message via MSN to Raid3n
Default Re: Cigarettes

Im actually just starting to get over the cig "craze"
Ive only had... 3 in about 2 weeks which very good, after going for a year doing a pack and a half. I hate smoking, even when i started doing it i felt dirty and hated it. But the nicotine took me over.

Hookah is so much more relaxing, enjoyable, and social and thats why i perfer it so much more.



But that doesnt mean i wont light a death stick up once in awhile
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old March 15th, 2008, 01:33 PM
JillyIsJustKidding
Status: Offline
Deleted Per User Request
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Southern California
Posts: 2,342
Default Re: Cigarettes

First time...I started to cough really bad. It tasted like burnt crap or something lol

I really did not enjoy the taste of burning tobacco AT ALL
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old March 15th, 2008, 05:48 PM
YA-MEZ's Avatar
YA-MEZ
Status: Offline
Hookah Nut
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Alamogordo NM
Posts: 236
Send a message via MSN to YA-MEZ
Default Re: Cigarettes

*pukes* i hate cigarettes...but on occasion i will smoke a black and mild wine and/or cream
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old March 15th, 2008, 07:06 PM
Chap Slap's Avatar
Chap Slap
Status: Offline
Hookah Nut
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 120
Default Re: Cigarettes

i smoke one every now and then. its gives you a good buzz but its gross when you learn whats in them, i would definatly choose hookah over cigs
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old March 15th, 2008, 07:28 PM
rocko041304
Status: Offline
Hookah Newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 14
Default Re: Cigarettes

well, cigs and beer is always a good combo...
but its true, for someone who doesnt smoke
as often, it can cause light headyness... lol
and yes they are nasty as hell...
but when youre too tense, it sure does help.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old March 15th, 2008, 07:36 PM
ZenSilk's Avatar
ZenSilk
Status: Offline
Hookah Master
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 5,605
Default Re: Cigarettes

This just proves how clean Hookah smoke is compared to those dirty cigs.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old March 15th, 2008, 08:45 PM
LilBrad's Avatar
LilBrad
Status: Offline
Hookah Nut
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Bentonville, AR
Posts: 92
Send a message via AIM to LilBrad
Default Re: Cigarettes

wow. i feel like i'm very much in the minority. i smoke marlboro mediums. i imagine i will probably give them up completely once i get my hookah though.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old March 15th, 2008, 09:51 PM
dakingkevin23's Avatar
dakingkevin23
Status: Offline
Hookah Guru
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: San Jose, CA
Posts: 2,362
Send a message via AIM to dakingkevin23
Default Re: Cigarettes

I gave away my first pack of cigs because they were horrible. Too hot and not smooth like hookah smoke. I felt like i was gonna cough up a lung.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old March 15th, 2008, 11:25 PM
Hajo Flettner
Status: Offline
Hookah Legend
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 4,746
Default Re: Cigarettes

Over the years i've had a few cigarettes and i've never enyoyed them. Basically, the tobacco quality is crap and the super small cut and loose packing equals a hot, harsh burn making for a lousy experience. Bad cigars are just bigger cigarettes as they are made the same way and often use paper as a partial filler. Good quality tobacco is a wonderful thing but you'll never find it in a cigarette. Decent pipes and cigars can be nice if you know how to smoke properly. Forget inhaling as it should all be about taste anyway.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old March 16th, 2008, 01:05 AM
MNH
Status: Offline
Vendor
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: www.MNHOOKAH.com
Posts: 202
Send a message via AIM to MNH
Default Re: Cigarettes

Plain and Simple Dont Start Smoking... its a nasty habit I did it for 12 years..

Last edited by MNH; March 16th, 2008 at 01:50 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old March 16th, 2008, 01:16 AM
guerila's Avatar
guerila
Status: Offline
Hookah Nut
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 377
Send a message via AIM to guerila Send a message via MSN to guerila Send a message via Yahoo to guerila
Default Re: Cigarettes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hajo Flettner View Post
Over the years i've had a few cigarettes and i've never enyoyed them. Basically, the tobacco quality is crap and the super small cut and loose packing equals a hot, harsh burn making for a lousy experience. Bad cigars are just bigger cigarettes as they are made the same way and often use paper as a partial filler. Good quality tobacco is a wonderful thing but you'll never find it in a cigarette. Decent pipes and cigars can be nice if you know how to smoke properly. Forget inhaling as it should all be about taste anyway.
thank you for the info man.. cigs suck! (expect u wanna show off or use them for style)
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old March 16th, 2008, 01:17 AM
guerila's Avatar
guerila
Status: Offline
Hookah Nut
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 377
Send a message via AIM to guerila Send a message via MSN to guerila Send a message via Yahoo to guerila
Default Re: Cigarettes

Quote:
Originally Posted by MNH View Post
Plan and Simple Dont Start Smoking... its a nasty habit I did it for 12 years..
i smoked it and thought how cud ppl get addicted to it ? its so hot and harsh in the throat !
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old March 16th, 2008, 02:09 AM
cast1e06's Avatar
cast1e06
Status: Offline
Hookah Nut
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: biloxi
Posts: 303
Send a message via Yahoo to cast1e06
Default Re: Cigarettes

i smoke djarums cause they are the few cigs i like the taste of but i have seriously cut down on those as of lately..
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old March 16th, 2008, 01:50 PM
skyemists
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Cigarettes

This was actually a topic that I was looking for. I really wanted to quit smoking, but I haven't had much luck......stress, addiction, boredom.......you name it, all the rationalizations I could think of. They smell awful, they taste awful........and once I found out about smoking hookah.......I decided if I wasn't going to give up cigs, I would rather spend my hard earned money on something enjoyable and better tasting.....

So, since getting my hookah, I think I have smoked 3 cigs since last wednesday, and I was a pack a day smoker..........so I am happy with the direction this is all going. (and my house smells ALOT better now!)
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old March 16th, 2008, 01:52 PM
sexyghost's Avatar
sexyghost
Status: Offline
Hookah Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Riverside, California
Posts: 1,065
Send a message via AIM to sexyghost Send a message via MSN to sexyghost
Default Re: Cigarettes

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyemists View Post
This was actually a topic that I was looking for. I really wanted to quit smoking, but I haven't had much luck......stress, addiction, boredom.......you name it, all the rationalizations I could think of. They smell awful, they taste awful........and once I found out about smoking hookah.......I decided if I wasn't going to give up cigs, I would rather spend my hard earned money on something enjoyable and better tasting.....

So, since getting my hookah, I think I have smoked 3 cigs since last wednesday, and I was a pack a day smoker..........so I am happy with the direction this is all going. (and my house smells ALOT better now!)
Right on. I like hearing people say they can quit smoking cigs by smoking hookah.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old March 16th, 2008, 02:28 PM
wishdrftr's Avatar
wishdrftr
Status: Offline
Hookah Nut
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 287
Default Re: Cigarettes

Quote:
Originally Posted by sexyghost View Post
Right on. I like hearing people say they can quit smoking cigs by smoking hookah.
Thats what happened to me, I used to smoke cigs regularly and once I started smoking hookah I just stop smoking cigs. They just never sounded appealing anymore. I dont think cigarettes are "harsh" or "hot" they just aren't as enjoyable as hookah.
__________________
Drifting and Hookah
Anyone wanna try blowing rings at 100mph sideways?!?
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old March 16th, 2008, 03:50 PM
3njoi1t's Avatar
3njoi1t
Status: Offline
Hookah Newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Nebraska
Posts: 1
Default Re: Cigarettes

I've been smoking off and on for 2 years. I don't smoke them often but 1 or 2 a day the past 6 months or so. I imagine once I finally order a hookah I'll cut back even more or completely quit.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old March 16th, 2008, 11:40 PM
sabsz's Avatar
sabsz
Status: Offline
Hookah Pro
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 538
Default Re: Cigarettes

I think menthol cigarettes are okay, but I wouldn't make a habit of it. I like cigars on ocassion though, but I think shisha is definately the best way to kill yourself slowly.
Reply With Quote
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Hookah Vs. Cigarettes!!! rdog325 Hookah Discussion 33 September 3rd, 2010 05:13 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:48 PM.

Skin Design By vBSkinworks



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2007 - 2012, Hookah Pro Inc.