Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Cigarettes

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old March 17th, 2008, 01:42 AM
HookahMaster
Hookah Pro

Default Re: Cigarettes

Yeah cigarettes suck! Tied it twice, just for the hell of it, and decided to never try them again. Terrible taste, smell, and way too harsh for my liking. Hookah is by far the better choice...
Old March 17th, 2008, 11:48 AM
SaraaiKar
Hookah Enthusiast

Quote:
shisha is definately the best way to kill yourself slowly.
amen brother
Old March 17th, 2008, 01:24 PM
EV4N
Hookah Nut

Send a message via AIM to EV4N

i never really smoked cigs because i craved one it was because it gives me something to do when i am just sitting around the house or driving somewhere, but manly when you i drink i crave one hard core.

but then when i smoked hookah for the first time a gave them up completely. its been over 4 weeks since i have smoked a cig. now i am just waiting for my personal hookah to get here. either tuesday or wednesday.
Old March 17th, 2008, 01:29 PM
Huskysibe
Hookah Master

I have never smoked cigarettes. My parents did growing up and I remember that ackrid smell and it makes me sick to my stomach.
Old March 17th, 2008, 02:31 PM
speel
Hookah Pro

Send a message via AIM to speel

Bah, I hate cigs, I have a black and mild once in a while, but strictly hookah for me.
Old March 17th, 2008, 07:00 PM
braindouche
Hookah Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hajo Flettner View Post
Over the years i've had a few cigarettes and i've never enyoyed them. Basically, the tobacco quality is crap and the super small cut and loose packing equals a hot, harsh burn making for a lousy experience. Bad cigars are just bigger cigarettes as they are made the same way and often use paper as a partial filler. Good quality tobacco is a wonderful thing but you'll never find it in a cigarette. Decent pipes and cigars can be nice if you know how to smoke properly. Forget inhaling as it should all be about taste anyway.
Not true, man. You can find some astonishingly high-quality, super-premium cigarettes on the market. And you'll pay through the nose for them, too. Nat Sherman is probably the most common brand in that category.
Old March 17th, 2008, 08:50 PM
ZenSilk
Hookah Master

Eww. But i like the taste of cloves. Too bad the Mormons banned them for no apparent reason....
Old March 18th, 2008, 08:51 AM
Sambooka
Sambooka Jr.

I wish I NEVER started smoking when I was younger, I did it to try to fit in ... It is very addicting and hard to quit! I tried countless times! Finally I quit ... 29Sept06 and won't ever pick up another cigarette again!

DON'T Start, it is a terrible habit and wayyyy to convenient to smoke. It makes you feel terrible and even though you feel like shyt, you still do it (ADDICTION!)

http://www.hookahpro.com - Hookah Pro Community - Hookah Forum
~Favorite Hookah~ Khalil Mamoon Amer .. (she leans, so I call her Eileen)
~Favorite Setup~ Egyptian Hookah, Vortex Bowl, Natural Coals (Exotica or Coconara)
~Current Flavor Favorites~ Ayam Zaman 1001 Nights, Hookah Freak Spiced Apple Cider, Starbuzz White Peach
Nakhla Double Apple, Nakhla Earl Grey, Nakhla Sweet Melon, Nakhla Cinnamon, Nakhla Cardamom, Nakhla Fakhfakhina Mixed Fruit, Nakhla El Basha Grape
Al Fakher Mint, Al Fakher Orange, Al Fakher Cinnamon
HookahPro.com .. powered by Elites!
Old March 18th, 2008, 11:23 AM
hookahking
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabsz View Post
I think menthol cigarettes are okay, but I wouldn't make a habit of it. I like cigars on ocassion though, but I think shisha is definately the best way to kill yourself slowly.
I agree with this guy but i don't know about the menthol part
Old March 18th, 2008, 11:33 AM
guerila
Hookah Nut

Send a message via AIM to guerila Send a message via MSN to guerila Send a message via Yahoo to guerila

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sambooka View Post
I wish I NEVER started smoking when I was younger, I did it to try to fit in ... It is very addicting and hard to quit! I tried countless times! Finally I quit ... 29Sept06 and won't ever pick up another cigarette again!

DON'T Start, it is a terrible habit and wayyyy to convenient to smoke. It makes you feel terrible and even though you feel like shyt, you still do it (ADDICTION!)
pls sam tell me how the can anyone get addicted to such harsh smoke !?
Old March 18th, 2008, 11:34 AM
guerila
Hookah Nut

Send a message via AIM to guerila Send a message via MSN to guerila Send a message via Yahoo to guerila

Quote:
Originally Posted by hookahking View Post
I agree with this guy but i don't know about the menthol part
there are menthol cigs and they produce thick smoke.(some ppl say)...
Old March 18th, 2008, 11:43 AM
EV4N
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabsz View Post
I think menthol cigarettes are okay, but I wouldn't make a habit of it. I like cigars on ocassion though, but I think shisha is definately the best way to kill yourself slowly.
when i smoked and when i smoked menthol cigs i smoke marlboro smoothes. those thing tasted like you where smoking a candy cane. those actually tasted good. the down side was after smoking them for a while you would wake up hacking.
Old March 18th, 2008, 12:19 PM
ZenSilk
Hookah Master

I've never inhaled a cig... too sketchy. I'm not looking for a buzz.

American Spirit Menthols would be what i would smoke if i was a smoker.
Old March 18th, 2008, 01:03 PM
austinthecity
Hookah Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by sexyghost View Post
Right on. I like hearing people say they can quit smoking cigs by smoking hookah.
yup. out of the frying pan and into the less hot frying pan.
Old March 18th, 2008, 03:00 PM
xggrease
Hookah Newbie

used to smoke camel filter, gives me a quicker buzz, but after a while it'll start slowin you down, i felt the difference cuz i sometimes jog... had stopped for a while, but smoked a couple yesterday since im all out of shisha and it was my last final exam >,<

overall, if you have hookah, you shouldnt even think about cigs
Old March 18th, 2008, 03:35 PM
Scoop
Hookah Guru

you dont smoke them for the thick smoke. you smoke them because the nicotine delivery is a big amount in a short period of time.

i dont smoke cigarettes, only have a few times in my life. After the 3rd time they get much less harsh. However they never made me feel really good because of personality. I just happen to be one of the lucky ones who doesn't get hit by stress or bad days or any of that. The worst part, and probably the main reason i hate cigarettes is because it makes your fingers smell like complete and utter garbage and i cant stand that smell.
Old March 18th, 2008, 05:42 PM
badjuju
Hookah Nut

Send a message via Yahoo to badjuju

I smoke about a pack every two weeks, bad for you i know but When i smoke the hookah i do seem to find myself not having that urge to smkoe a cig as often. I hope to quite soon, but it has been a few long years so, I did though feel the same way the first time i smoked one though!
Old March 18th, 2008, 05:47 PM
Kaervek
Hookah Newbie

Used to smoke everything... I smoked sampoernas back when you could get em here, then smoked black n milds, newports, djarum blacks for a couple years... then went to marlboros for a while... now i just have sampoernas and djarums imported from indonesia. Can't smoke anything American anymore aside from shisha.
Old March 19th, 2008, 06:23 AM
dmcwebd
Vendor

Send a message via MSN to dmcwebd

tried couple of times didn't like it.. i will stick with hookah :P
Old March 19th, 2008, 08:26 AM
Sambooka
Sambooka Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by guerila View Post
pls sam tell me how the can anyone get addicted to such harsh smoke !?
The addiction is the high nicotine and the convenience of smoking (you can light up a cig at break, in th car, wherever) Even though it made me feel like shyt .. I still found myself waking up and having my morning cigarette, it was the most disgusting habit and is a nasty product! I am sooo glad I finally quit after smoking for 20 years ... I look back at it now and think I was an idiot!

Hookah, I would not consider myself addicted to it ... for instance last night, I had a stressful day ... after work when I got home I was working on ZVTs computer (crashed HD) and watching some TV. I got some new shisha I can't wait to try! It would have been the perfect time to setup the hookah, I didn't setup the hookah though, because I got involved in what I was doing. I enjoy hookah when I want to, not when my body tells me to.

If I still smoked cigarettes, I probably would have smoked about 10 that evening, outta boredom of waiting for files to load or drivers to download ...

Point is ... cigarettes are VERY addicting and NASTY!
Hookah is enjoyable and a treat and not addicting to me .. my opinion

http://www.hookahpro.com - Hookah Pro Community - Hookah Forum
~Favorite Hookah~ Khalil Mamoon Amer .. (she leans, so I call her Eileen)
~Favorite Setup~ Egyptian Hookah, Vortex Bowl, Natural Coals (Exotica or Coconara)
~Current Flavor Favorites~ Ayam Zaman 1001 Nights, Hookah Freak Spiced Apple Cider, Starbuzz White Peach
Nakhla Double Apple, Nakhla Earl Grey, Nakhla Sweet Melon, Nakhla Cinnamon, Nakhla Cardamom, Nakhla Fakhfakhina Mixed Fruit, Nakhla El Basha Grape
Al Fakher Mint, Al Fakher Orange, Al Fakher Cinnamon
HookahPro.com .. powered by Elites!
Old March 19th, 2008, 08:36 AM
dmcwebd
Vendor

Send a message via MSN to dmcwebd

go hookah go !
Old March 20th, 2008, 12:14 AM
Wolfamongsheep8
Hookah Newbie

Send a message via AIM to Wolfamongsheep8 Send a message via Yahoo to Wolfamongsheep8

I've been smoking cigarettes for 5 years now and I consider myself a professional quitter. I think I've tried 12 times i got 3 months the last time but i had 2 family members and a really close friend die in a month and just picked them up again. I've been going for 6 months now and i hate it but I am addicted. I'll try again at some point but in my industry, not smoking is weird.
Old March 20th, 2008, 12:45 AM
EV4N
Hookah Nut

i always knew i needed to quit smoking cig. the two things that did it for me where, when i use to live in michigan i could play a full game of basketball with my friends no problem, then i moved to south carolina where all my new friends smoked cigs so i started smoking even more and on a more regular basis. but this past december i went home for the holidays and me and my friends went up to the YMCA to play a pickup game and i couldn't even last like the first 5 points in a one on one game. and thats what did it for me.

and the fact that my mom found out and was like i am not mad because i know your 18 i am just disappointed (you know what its like, you rather your parents be so pissed off at you. then say they are disappointed, that just drives the knife through the heart)
Old March 20th, 2008, 12:54 AM
sabsz
Hookah Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by EV4N View Post

and the fact that my mom found out and was like i am not mad because i know your 18 i am just disappointed (you know what its like, you rather your parents be so pissed off at you. then say they are disappointed, that just drives the knife through the heart)
I feel bad when my parents smell that I was smoking cigars or see me smoking shisha, because they dont say much anymore but they give this dissappointed look. But in the end I dont give a shit because I like smoking
For some reason though they said they would kill me if I smoked cigarettes
Old March 20th, 2008, 01:05 AM
EV4N
Hookah Nut

i told my mom that i wanted to get into smoking hookah. and this is after the fact that i told her i quit smoking cigs. and she just couldn't believe i would take up smoking tobacco again. since emphysema runs in the family.
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook