Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Cigarettes

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old March 20th, 2008, 01:15 AM
sabsz
Hookah Pro

Default Re: Cigarettes

I didnt know emphysema was hereditary, even if it isnt that sucks man. I dont think many people in my immeadiate family have had health problems related to smoking, otherwise im sure my parents would be more up my ass about it.
Old March 20th, 2008, 08:51 AM
guerila
Hookah Nut

Send a message via AIM to guerila Send a message via MSN to guerila Send a message via Yahoo to guerila

how do u smoke cigarettes ? like u keep sucking them like hookah or ive seen some ppl taking a half puff or something like that and take the smoke with the air... is it ?
Old March 20th, 2008, 10:20 AM
EV4N
Hookah Nut

Send a message via AIM to EV4N

i would just take a pull then take a quick breath of air afterwards.

and i dont know if emphysema is hereditary or not i just know that my grandma and her sister both smoked and both had it and so did my great grandparents.
Old March 20th, 2008, 06:02 PM
likespaceships
Hookah Nut

I smoke cigs every once in awhile.
Djarum blacks when i want a good buzz.
other than those its turkish golds or menthol.
don't hit them too hard or else you will start feeling ugly and cough bad.
Old March 20th, 2008, 07:22 PM
QuickByName
Hookah Newbie

Yeah i was a pretty big smoker.. but after cutting right back and smoking more hookah, you know where the better taste is! Slowly but surely the marlboro man has rode of in the sunset and has been replaced by an awesome dude named StarBuzz and a couple of his mates named Al Fakher, Al Waha & Layalina!
Old April 1st, 2008, 07:51 PM
kruset
Hookah Nut

Send a message via Yahoo to kruset

sweet picture man, the light on your hand makes it look like a white glove, all scientist like!
Old April 1st, 2008, 09:50 PM
Zombii
Hookah Newbie

I started smoking when I was 14 (not because it was cool, none of my friends did it. Just out of mere curiosity.) I'm 20 now and still smoking. But it's really not a good habit to get into, it really tears up your lungs, makes it harder to breath, and makes you more susceptible to chest infections and coughs and stuff. I've had bronchitis I think 4 times in the past year or so and I still cough up flem that collects in my chest sometimes. It's really unpleasant, and I'm still trying to give it up.

It's really not something you want to get into, as far as taste goes, most people dont like it plus the smell sticks to your clothes your hair and your breath unlike Hookah smoke which is cleaner and much more pleasant smelling. Plus the smell doesn't stick in rooms or clothes or anything like that. Stick with hookah smoking, the buzz is better and after a while the cigarette buzz disappears.
Old April 1st, 2008, 09:57 PM
Raid3n
Hookah Enthusiast

Send a message via MSN to Raid3n

I can say i hate smoking cigarettes a lot. they smell like ass, they are horrible on the mouth and lungs, and they help kill you even faster. i remember hearing something like a smoke can take 10 minutes off your life. that sucks majorly.

I perfer hookah so much, im glad i got off cigarettes and moved over. its a better way to spend my time and my life lol

now mind you im not saying hookahs harmless, but its obviously not as bad
Old April 1st, 2008, 10:05 PM
Zombii
Hookah Newbie

Yeah I've heard it cuts 7 minutes off per cigarette. Not sure if it's true or if it's merely anti-cigarette crazy campaigner folks. But I wouldn't doubt it.

I also read about a few sites trying to claim that hookah smoking is so much worse than cigarette smoking. Which, yeah it lasts longer, but you feel it in your lungs, that the smoke is much cleaner, especially with the lack of tar and all. Yeah if you don't know what you're doing Co2 is a risk, but with natural coals especially, they burn much cleaner and once fully lit, they're is no smoke which (I think) eliminates or severely reduces the risk of Co2 poisoning.

I love smoking hookah, the only reason I still smoke cigarettes is because I need a quick nicotine fix when I'm out and am unable to smoke hookah or sometimes I'm just too lazy.

Last edited by Zombii; April 1st, 2008 at 10:06 PM. Reason: typo
Old April 1st, 2008, 10:17 PM
Sambooka
Sambooka Jr.

Not to sound like a reformed smoker, but I am glad I quite smoking cigarettes!

http://www.hookahpro.com - Hookah Pro Community - Hookah Forum
~Favorite Hookah~ Khalil Mamoon Amer .. (she leans, so I call her Eileen)
~Favorite Setup~ Egyptian Hookah, Vortex Bowl, Natural Coals (Exotica or Coconara)
~Current Flavor Favorites~ Ayam Zaman 1001 Nights, Hookah Freak Spiced Apple Cider, Starbuzz White Peach
Nakhla Double Apple, Nakhla Earl Grey, Nakhla Sweet Melon, Nakhla Cinnamon, Nakhla Cardamom, Nakhla Fakhfakhina Mixed Fruit, Nakhla El Basha Grape
Al Fakher Mint, Al Fakher Orange, Al Fakher Cinnamon
HookahPro.com .. powered by Elites!
Old April 1st, 2008, 10:21 PM
guerila
Hookah Nut

Send a message via AIM to guerila Send a message via MSN to guerila Send a message via Yahoo to guerila

i wanted to start them so i posted this thread saying i feel them harsh and hot. but after hearing you guys, i wont even try to look at them... they really smell bad... :P
Old April 1st, 2008, 10:34 PM
Zombii
Hookah Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by guerila View Post
i wanted to start them so i posted this thread saying i feel them harsh and hot. but after hearing you guys, i wont even try to look at them... they really smell bad... :P
Right on, dude. It's really not worth it to even try them. Hookah smoking is much much better. And it tastes and smells better. :P
Old April 1st, 2008, 10:49 PM
guerila
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombii View Post
Right on, dude. It's really not worth it to even try them. Hookah smoking is much much better. And it tastes and smells better. :P
H....O....O.....K..A..H ................hookah ! GOOOOOOOOOOO hookah !
Old April 1st, 2008, 10:50 PM
guerila
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by kruset View Post
sweet picture man, the light on your hand makes it look like a white glove, all scientist like!
u mean my signature ?
Old January 20th, 2009, 10:25 PM
ThEDrEaMEnDeR
Hookah Pro

ciggs r tarable but hey im addicted
Old January 21st, 2009, 12:42 AM
rileynason
Hookah Nut

Send a message via MSN to rileynason

i cant smoke ciggys after i have been smoking hookah cause how harsh they are but if i was gonna i would smoke a camel crush cause you can make it a menthol if you want then its not so bad..
Old January 21st, 2009, 01:01 AM
Gift3d
Hookah Nut

I roll my own cigarettes, it's pretty tasty. I like the taste of tobacco, but that's just me. I'll smoke maybe a few a day when i'm bored and feel like relaxing, but i can go a few weeks without one no problem. Before i started smoking i told myself i wouldn't let it become a bad habit, and for about a year or two i haven't.

edit: woah this thread was bumped from the depths, the last posts here were in april haha.
Old January 21st, 2009, 05:58 AM
krampi
Hookah Pro

Send a message via MSN to krampi

Yeah, reviving old topics are sometimes popular

But to add something to the topic too. In my opinion you can't compare cigarettes to hookah, as you can't compare cigars to hookah too. They are different forms of smoking. But it's true, that the most "disgusting" of them is the daily cigarettesmoker, who can't stand to smoke one of them for 10 minutes. I do not have problems with people, who can enjoy their quality cigarettes, i do it sometimes, but most of the time it's the habbit of "running people" who don't have time for anything.
Hookahs and cigars are another thing. For them you should have time for lighting one up, just sitting on a sofa and chilling, or chatting with other people. It's another form of pleasure
Old January 21st, 2009, 11:03 AM
skatefree2k
Hookah Nut

Send a message via AIM to skatefree2k

cigs suck. i tried it once and had to stop smoking it. i have no clue how people enjoy them. smoking pipe tobacco out of a water pipe (not a hookah) is a lot better since the tobacco is kinda moist. you get a real head buzz from that, but no where as enjoyable, relaxing, or social as a hookah.

cigars, are social since they take a while to smoke and i'm friends with a lot of power smokers that can finish a cig in a minute. there also kinda harsh if you end up breathing in the smoke, and end up not being to enjoyable.

hookah is the best way to go. i love siting around with friends and smoking a hookah too bad there isn't any good small portable hookah's, but that would end up just looking like a small water pipe used to smoke something illegal (you wouldn't need to keep lighting).

Last edited by skatefree2k; January 21st, 2009 at 11:05 AM.
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook