Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

New Hookah Already!

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old March 17th, 2008, 10:52 PM
dark2light2
Hookah Nut

Send a message via AIM to dark2light2
Default New Hookah Already!

Well, i've out grown my one hose, as its not too friendly with groups of 4 or more.

I loved it, I had the KM Para-dice.

However, im looking for suggestions on good two hose.

I want it to last awhile, as build quality is important and solid brass/metal/whatever is much better for me instead of just plated hookahs.

I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions?

Also, is the nammor hose, phunnel bowl, and heba diffuser worth it?

Im also making the switch to natural coals this time around, and I have heard good things about exoticas. So I think i'll give those a shot. Any one have any other recc's?

One last question, im trying to find widely accepted brands/flavors of shisha that are to die for.

I know most people love AF Grape, which i'll be getting as well as Fantasia Pink Lemonade. Any other staple shisha flavors I should buy?

Thanks.
Old March 17th, 2008, 11:02 PM
HookahMaster
Hookah Pro

Default Re: New Hookah Already!

1. HOOKAH:

I'd recommend you go with a high end Mya. They're high end models ($120 and up) are exceptional in quality and performance. You can't go wrong with one of these. Mine has taken quiet the abuse. I smoke it daily outdoors and leave it outside exposed to the elements 24/7. It still smokes and performs just as she did on day one.

2. Nammour Hose:

This hose is pretty good. Kind of ugly and boring in looks, but it outperforms all the other thin hoses on the market. Plus you never have to worry about it rusting like mostly all others will. A good buy for the money. You might want to get a hose cover for it though. This will improve it's boring look.

3. Phunnel bowl:

Look around the review section for member's experiences with this bowl...

4. Heba Diffuser:

Don't waste your money... Look in the review section for my detailed review...
Old March 17th, 2008, 11:05 PM
JillyIsJustKidding
Deleted Per User Request

I'd recommend either a MYA 2 hose or a tall Egyptian that is 2-hosed

Hookahcompany.com has a really good selection of Egyptian as I just described ^_^
Old March 17th, 2008, 11:14 PM
Kaervek
Hookah Newbie

What's good dude, I'm actually doin a deal with you right now

If you're gonna get a two-hose hookah, try Mya hookahs, they're kinda pricey but worth cashing out on, or egyptians from socialsmoke.com

Anyways yeah last week at my party I gave up on my 3 hose custom syrian chiller. My Razan hoses(almost exactly the same as Nammor) don't fit in it and it's high maintenence, so I'm gonna let it rot in the back of my closet.

I use a phunnel bowl and mod, best investment I've ever made in hookah supplies

Heba diffusers I found are only good on really low grade tobacco (like Waha). I don't smoke anything under starbuzz or tangier's now anyway though.

Tobacco-wise I used to smoke Waha, then tried starbuzz and sold off all my Waha. Tangier's good flavors (my favorites are summer mix, tropical mix, and watermelon) kick ass, but their mint kinda sucks. Starbuzz is super strong, but without a mod and phunnel it sucks, you have to change the aluminum halfway through the session to get it to work right

Hope it helps man, talk to you soon
Old March 17th, 2008, 11:16 PM
sexyghost
Hookah Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to sexyghost Send a message via MSN to sexyghost

I have a Razan hose, very similar to Nammor and they are defiantly worth it. I have a phunnel bowl as well. They really hold flavor and last a long time. As far as flavors of shisha its mainly a personal prefrence but if you really like fruity flavors I recommend Starbuzz Tropical fruit. I actually hope to get a 250g tub of it soon. I agree with Jilly and getting something nice on Hookahcompany.com They have a great selection of everything pretty much. Hookah-shisha.com is great too.
Old March 17th, 2008, 11:17 PM
dark2light2
Hookah Nut

Weird, why is it the Mya's are so much more money?

For example:

http://www.hookah-shisha.com/store/p...idproduct=1766

This one looks nice, but 150 is kind of expensive for a plain two hose?
Old March 17th, 2008, 11:37 PM
HookahMaster
Hookah Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark2light2 View Post
Weird, why is it the Mya's are so much more money?

For example:

http://www.hookah-shisha.com/store/p...idproduct=1766

This one looks nice, but 150 is kind of expensive for a plain two hose?
For the simple reason that they're one of the best hookah brands on the market. You get what you pay for in the world of hookahs. If it's more expensive than the rest, it's for good reason. Just like the difference between a Ford Focus, and a Mercedes. Both will get you from point A to point B, but there will be a large diffference in quality and performance between the two...
Old March 17th, 2008, 11:48 PM
dark2light2
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by HookahMaster View Post
For the simple reason that they're one of the best hookah brands on the market. You get what you pay for in the world of hookahs. If it's more expensive than the rest, it's for good reason. Just like the difference between a Ford Focus, and a Mercedes. Both will get you from point A to point B, but there will be a large diffference in quality and performance between the two...

Alright, so if I got that one, added a nammor hose for one port (my friends will have to pitch in if they want a second nammor!) a phunnel bowl, and some exotica coals, I should have a great setup?

Im just trying to get into the 2 hose world, I really love my KM, like a lot, its just I need more hoses >.<
Old March 17th, 2008, 11:55 PM
sexyghost
Hookah Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to sexyghost Send a message via MSN to sexyghost

I've never really experienced smoking a multi hose rig. I just got a KM Tri-Metal and have no problem passing the hose on to 3+ people. If I were to get a muli hose I would get a Mya for sure. Getting what you listed would be worth it imo. You really cant go wrong with Exotica coals. I justed quick lights before them and never went back. They just need more heat and time to get lit all the way though but its worth it.
Old March 18th, 2008, 12:01 AM
dakingkevin23
Hookah Guru

Send a message via AIM to dakingkevin23

I'd get a nice mya, like a gyro of something like that.
Phunnel is definitely worth it, i don't own one, but i've smoked out of them, and they smoke pretty damn fine
heba, not really worth it, it's nice, but for like 10 bucks, not really
nammor, definitely a good buy, washable, plus it pulls as easy as the KM hose you had when you had the Parad-Ice
Old March 18th, 2008, 12:17 AM
HookahMaster
Hookah Pro

Quote:
Alright, so if I got that one, added a nammor hose for one port (my friends will have to pitch in if they want a second nammor!) a phunnel bowl, and some exotica coals, I should have a great setup?

Im just trying to get into the 2 hose world, I really love my KM, like a lot, its just I need more hoses >.<

Yes, you would have a FANTASTIC set up... but remember, a session is only as good as the person who prepped it. Meaning, you can buy the best hookah in the world, and if you don't know how to properly set it up or prep it, you're not going to have a good session.

But if you have the hang of that already down, then yes, that set up would be perfect. I personally have a similar one, except it's a one hose. It's my daily go to smoke. I just have to have the best possible session each time I set up, so that's why I use mine so much even though I have types/brands...
Old March 18th, 2008, 02:13 AM
Kaervek
Hookah Newbie

Quote:

What I've discovered through many years of smoking is that all my friends are jerks and none of them will ever pitch in to buy something for my hookah.

Myas are great simply because most of them can be converted to be 1 hose, 2 hose, 3 hose, or even 4 hose. And because they kick ass quality-wise.
Old March 18th, 2008, 08:39 AM
dark2light2
Hookah Nut

I can't decide, its coming down to

Nammor hose x2

vs, a ton of shisha
Old March 18th, 2008, 08:40 AM
dark2light2
Hookah Nut

The hoses on the mya's look kinda weak sauce...
Old March 18th, 2008, 09:48 AM
Sambooka
Sambooka Jr.

What good is a hookah without flavorful shisha? I would go with the shisha first .. and hoses later

http://www.hookahpro.com - Hookah Pro Community - Hookah Forum
~Favorite Hookah~ Khalil Mamoon Amer .. (she leans, so I call her Eileen)
~Favorite Setup~ Egyptian Hookah, Vortex Bowl, Natural Coals (Exotica or Coconara)
~Current Flavor Favorites~ Ayam Zaman 1001 Nights, Hookah Freak Spiced Apple Cider, Starbuzz White Peach
Nakhla Double Apple, Nakhla Earl Grey, Nakhla Sweet Melon, Nakhla Cinnamon, Nakhla Cardamom, Nakhla Fakhfakhina Mixed Fruit, Nakhla El Basha Grape
Al Fakher Mint, Al Fakher Orange, Al Fakher Cinnamon
HookahPro.com .. powered by Elites!
Old March 18th, 2008, 10:10 AM
SaraaiKar
Hookah Enthusiast

Quote:
The hoses on the mya's look kinda weak sauce...
I love my Mya but mya hoses are crap.
Old March 18th, 2008, 12:24 PM
ZenSilk
Hookah Master

Mya Odyssey. 4 Nammors. Heaven.

I Promise, you can't go wrong. That's my set-up, and it rapes anyone else's set-up. The hookah is basically invincible, and easier than hell to clean. And can convert to 1 2 3 4 hoses very easily. Almost too easily....
And it's BRASSS.
Old March 18th, 2008, 07:13 PM
HookahMaster
Hookah Pro

Mya hoses aren't entirely crap. They just suck when it comes to the washable part. But overall, at least the Cloissone hoses, are bad ass! I used to smoke out of the Cloissone that came with mine everyday, and it was a great hose. It went perfect with the hookah, and looked way better than any other hose on the market. The only shitty part was when it rusted, that kind of sucked. But then again, maybe the fact that it was exposed to the outdoor elements 24/7, wasn't such a good thing either...

I'm willing to bet, that for someone who smokes indoors, the stock Mya hose will last them a very long time just as long as they don't run water through it. Regardless, it still lasted me a few months even with the previous mentioned conditions. It's not like you MUST replace it right away when you get it. You'll be fine with the Mya hose for a while as long as you're careful and keep it as humidity free as possible.
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook