Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Foreign Shisha cafes

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old March 23rd, 2008, 07:24 PM
Green_Jacket
Hookah Newbie

Default Foreign Shisha cafes

Just wondering how many people have tried Hookah/Shisha/Narghile (whatever u wana call it!) abroad? If yes, then would you say its better than homemade or in cafes back home(where-ever you're from)?

Regards

Salam
Old March 23rd, 2008, 07:42 PM
Yamin
Hookah Nut

Default Re: Foreign Shisha cafes

I don't think its better, but it certainly is relaxing to have someone else pack your bowl for once and do a good job. Getting some nice Iranian tea as well as walnuts and dates with a hookah all for 3.50 is a steal.
Old March 23rd, 2008, 07:55 PM
Green_Jacket
Hookah Newbie

Yeah thats one thing i like, u gotta love the food. Whats shisha without Chai Na'na and Baklawa! I swear to god though i've never been able to make a shisha as good as the guys in Salateen in Dubai (just off Sheikh Zayeed Road if anyone knows it? Near the Meziyah centre, natural coal, HUGE heads some cool foil wall to stop the coal fallin off and EVERY pipe was Khalil Mamoon. lol all this talk is making me miss it.

Regards

Salam
Old March 23rd, 2008, 07:55 PM
RicoSuave646
Hookah Nut

i think it would be really nice to experience authentic hookah smoking in the middle east with sittin on pillows and big rugs on the floor in a tent-like atmosphere....you know what picture im trying to paint..?
Old March 23rd, 2008, 08:01 PM
Green_Jacket
Hookah Newbie

Yeah, it is kinda like that but only in the touristy areas. Kinda like a gimmick? the ones the locals actually use properly are kinda more modern (in the UAE) and outside of there say egypt, syria, jordan, iraq from what i've seen theyre anything from wooden chairs old lookin cafe with a few pieces of arab art work or ornaments about or lol in iraq plastic tables an chairs from the back garden strewn about the street (when its quiet) or cooped inside a shop with broken air con when the Ak's are goin off outside.

Regards

Salam
Old March 23rd, 2008, 08:03 PM
RicoSuave646
Hookah Nut

nothing like smoking hookah and worring about dodging bullets and RPGs
Old March 23rd, 2008, 08:10 PM
Green_Jacket
Hookah Newbie

Lol aye, people try to get on with their lives the best way they can, and its like you said in the other post its a part of our culture (though its kinda surged in popularity in recent years) so if they can manage to make do without drawing too much AK and RPG fire they'll carry on smoking as always!

Regards

Salam
Old March 23rd, 2008, 08:35 PM
JillyIsJustKidding
Deleted Per User Request

I wanna go to a hookah lounge outside of the USA one of these days

Maybe the next time I go to the Philippines, I'm gonna check around and see if they have any! ^_^ and that would be cool if my family came with me too
Old March 23rd, 2008, 08:45 PM
Green_Jacket
Hookah Newbie

Its weird actually i came away from dubai saying Salamad (thankyou in Philipino i think? i know theres more than one language from the Philipines anyways) more than anything else! Shisha's become a bit of a world phenomenon recently, its springing up everywhere and places that have had it culturally in the past seem to have started rediscovering it which cant be a bad thing!

Regards

Salam
Old March 23rd, 2008, 09:22 PM
JillyIsJustKidding
Deleted Per User Request

Hehe its almost the same. Its Salamat (sorry if I spelt that wrong) and its pronounced (suh-lah-maht)

That would be so cool if my cousins and I went down to a lounge ^_^ It would be cool to enlighten them about the hookah so they wouldn't be puffing away on those nasty cigs all the time lol
Old March 23rd, 2008, 11:41 PM
Hajo Flettner
Hookah Legend

If you go to a traditional shisha cafe the experience can be great because knowledgeable staff/owners that have grown up with narghiles are far better then some guy who simply likes the hobby and hopes to make a living from it. Also, the traditional cafes have excellent traditional products and not just the candy stuff. Also, they don't play rap or techno and you don't have to put up with stupid people.

The problem is that trendy shisha cafes are all over the world and the traditional places are getting rare outside of Arab nations, Iran and Turkey.
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook