Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Online Hookah Purchase from South Africa

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old December 10th, 2010, 03:11 AM
Razortjie
Hookah Newbie

Send a message via Skype™ to Razortjie
Default Online Hookah Purchase from South Africa

Hi
I dunno if any of the local guys that have imported some stuff could help me out.
I am looking at buying some stuffs from www.hookah-shisha.com, I can live with the $74-80 dollar shipping cost, but I do not want my stuff to be sent back cause the shisha does not have the "danger smoking kills" labels and stuff on or have to pay customs an exorbitant amount of money just to get my stuff.

I know there are a few guys that have purchased stuff online and have received it so it must be possible.

On a side note, this site is stuffing awesome, I racked the best hookah I have ever tasted last night after reading some of the tips on the site, even the guys that didn't smoke could not get enough.
Old December 10th, 2010, 03:15 AM
dragonflymike77
Hookah Aficionado

Default Re: Online Hookah Purchase from South Africa

where in south africa are u located? i was in shongweni for awhile its about an our away from durban i would thnk you could get some very nice stuff down there but i could be wrong i looked for a hookah while i was down there and it was mostly chinese rigs to my surprise but i wasnt able to do a real good search while i was down there
Old December 10th, 2010, 03:53 AM
bulldog
Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razortjie View Post
Hi
I dunno if any of the local guys that have imported some stuff could help me out.
I am looking at buying some stuffs from www.hookah-shisha.com, I can live with the $74-80 dollar shipping cost, but I do not want my stuff to be sent back cause the shisha does not have the "danger smoking kills" labels and stuff on or have to pay customs an exorbitant amount of money just to get my stuff.

I know there are a few guys that have purchased stuff online and have received it so it must be possible.

On a side note, this site is stuffing awesome, I racked the best hookah I have ever tasted last night after reading some of the tips on the site, even the guys that didn't smoke could not get enough.
pardon me for my question are you looking for tobaco only?
Old December 10th, 2010, 03:53 AM
Razortjie
Hookah Newbie

I am in Cape Town, I have a modified Chinese hookah that works fairly well, its stuff like natural coal, vortex bowl, etc that I wanna import.
No one sells it locally... next year sometime I want to import a fancier hookah as well.
Old December 10th, 2010, 03:54 AM
Razortjie
Hookah Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldog View Post
pardon me for my question are you looking for tobaco only?
No.
We can get Al Fakher here, which is good enough for now
Will import a small quantity of some premium brands though, just to try it out.
Old December 10th, 2010, 09:14 AM
glostersa
Hookah Master

Welcome to my world BTW the Tax is R4000.00 per KG or part thereoff if you get busted. There is a guy busy negotioating with some of the natural coal manufacturer to import to SA will keep you informed. BTW Go Here:

Nakhla South Africa.
Address :

45 WYNNE ST., PAROW,7500, CAPE TOWN, SOUTH AFRICA. Main and sole Importer for Nakhla to SA

Have you tried Sekelbos Natural wood Charcoal it works brill with a Hookah just a pain to light the Buggers and to break it into useable chunks but the coal lasts a long time.

BTW the Chinese have a trade agreement with the local GOVT that is why no Egyptian Hookahs are imported .
Old December 10th, 2010, 01:12 PM
Razortjie
Hookah Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by glostersa View Post
Welcome to my world BTW the Tax is R4000.00 per KG or part thereoff if you get busted. There is a guy busy negotioating with some of the natural coal manufacturer to import to SA will keep you informed. BTW Go Here:

Nakhla South Africa.
Address :

45 WYNNE ST., PAROW,7500, CAPE TOWN, SOUTH AFRICA. Main and sole Importer for Nakhla to SA

Have you tried Sekelbos Natural wood Charcoal it works brill with a Hookah just a pain to light the Buggers and to break it into useable chunks but the coal lasts a long time.

BTW the Chinese have a trade agreement with the local GOVT that is why no Egyptian Hookahs are imported .
I am not the biggest fan of the Nakhla, prefer the Al Fakher, had a Nakla coconut session and feeling a little miff now.

Local natural coal would be sick, save me a fair amount of shipping costs.
Where do you get the Sekelbos charcoal from? I have never heard of it?
A friend at work suggested I should try some good old fashioned Nam Char or something?

I had no idea about the tax on the tobacco, kinda why I posted here, thanks for the warning
Might still import some Coconora and a bowl or 3, might even get a nice hub, it is really not fair comparing the quality of the stuff available here to what you can get in the states.

Since registering here, I have started making phunnels out of foil, trying the tea light candle and made a home made diffuser all of which have amazed both my friends and myself in the difference it made to our sessions.
Which leaves me wondering how much better it would be with the real deal, really disappointed about the tax on tobacco would have been awesome to get some brands we can't get locally.
Old December 10th, 2010, 10:32 PM
glostersa
Hookah Master

Sekelbos Charcoal and Namibian hardwood Charcoal is basicaly the same as long as it is naural wood Charcoal and not compressed briquetts (the charcoal looks like pieces of wood of trees)

As for Vortex and Funnel bowls am looking at someone doing pottery to make me some will same some cash doing it that way.

As for Hookahs if you look here http://www.hookahpro.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20072 these are hookahs I found that was lying in the storeroom forgotten by the owners they are Egyptians and solid brass hunt by the older Hookah shops you could be lucky and scare up one or two If you just get the stem you are good to go.

I stip the ends off the cheap hoses and replace the hose part with vynil tubing make for a brilliant washable hose.

I mostly smoke Nakhla have some El Hennawy as well and dont like Al Fakher. Amaren is a good brand as well made in Jordania and is unwashed just as wet as Al Faker try their Blue Mix you might be pleasantly supprised.

ElSham is a local brand made up here in Gauteng and the Apricot flavor is very Good.

HP Members down in Cape Town Biff and Ripstorm
Old December 11th, 2010, 03:13 AM
Razortjie
Hookah Newbie

Nice find at the flea market. Sell me one? :P :P :P

My gf and her mom have actually done a fair amount of pottery and have a spinning thing(what ever you call it) and the oven to bake the clay sitting in their garage. Not sure if any of it works, but it is there.

Nice find with the hookahs, we were gonna go check out some flea markets today.
Not sure if it is worth going any more though, the wind is like 60km/h at the moment

As for the hose, I have attached the original end pieces to some of that clear fish tank pipe... works amazingly well and you can wash it with out any stress

I have only tried one of the El Sham flavors and did not enjoy it much.
I will keep an eye out for the El Hennawy and Amaren, but for the moment after smoking so much Afzal, I am really enjoying the AF mint, grape and plum.

Thanks for all the advice, I'll let you know when I order, can always post it to you from cape town, its like R50 over night with speed services, if you want anything that is
Old August 11th, 2011, 05:33 PM
falcone99
Hookah Newbie

hey there guys!
k, you guys poke about those alternatives to the natural coals which are made for shisha smoking, but i want to know if they smoke just the same? odourless, no coal taste imparted on the flavour of the tobacco, etc.?
also, is there ANY way to get natural coals in south africa?? like coconara, exotica and stuff? really finding it a mission to organise that not amped to thousands in customs just for a kilo of some good coal, especially when they're so cheap in other countries. south africa is such a hole at times. sigh.
Old August 13th, 2011, 06:36 AM
Deano-B
Hookah Nut

the only time i got these COCO NARA coals, MYA pipes was in Lebanon!!! Bruma Flea market in Johannesburg sell decent tobacco etc.
Old August 13th, 2011, 09:18 AM
glostersa
Hookah Master

http://www.bestpricehookahs.com

In the mainstreet in Mayfair is a bgger Nakhla shop have lots of Nakhla there they are a branch of Nakhla SA

Watch out for the new Nakhla flavors in SA found Shishamax lemon Mint, DA grape, Flames and Sisha on the Beach here in Kempton
Old June 12th, 2013, 04:40 PM
Faizeltaliep
Hookah Newbie

I'm from Cape Town guys and we have very little accessories over here like ice tip hoses.and pipes.and Shipping costs is crazy
Old June 13th, 2013, 06:43 AM
Jonesies
Hookah Master

is this...is this a triple necro??
Old June 13th, 2013, 10:14 AM
glostersa
Hookah Master

Watch out Jonesies yours will be next

Leave the SA Boys alone and welcome Faizeltaliep
Old June 30th, 2013, 03:29 PM
Biff
Hookah Newbie

Hey!

If you're in Cape Town check out Exotic Perfumes at Canal Walk. The are located in the skywalk nearest to JayJay's.

They have phunnel and vortex bowls, as well as steam stones and natural coals. They aslo have a large selection of tobaccos.

They might be a bit expensive but it sure beats those import and tax costs.

Give them a try.

Cheers,
Share with your friends on facebook