Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

broken stem

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old April 10th, 2008, 12:27 PM
LilBrad
Hookah Nut

Send a message via AIM to LilBrad
Default broken stem

well, about a week ago the part of my stem that goes into the base of my hookah broke off and has been out of commission. i emailed hookah-shisha about it and never got a response. so today, i thought i would try out their live help and this is the conversation i had with them.

[FONT=arial, arial, helvetica, geneva]Welcome to Hookah & Shisha Central, a customer service representative will be with you shortly...[/FONT]
[FONT=arial, arial, helvetica, geneva]You are now chatting with a Hookah & Shisha Central customer service represenative.[/FONT]
[FONT=arial, arial, helvetica, geneva]Hookah and Shisha Central: Welcome to The Hookah and Shisha Central and our online chat service, how may I help you?[/FONT]
[FONT=arial, arial, helvetica, geneva]you: i ordered a 19 inch 2 hose ebony from you guys on the 19th of march. just last week while i was smoking out of it, the bottom part of the stem that goes into the vase fell of. and i was wondering if this is a common thing with your hookahs or what?[/FONT]
[FONT=arial, arial, helvetica, geneva]Hookah and Shisha Central: no, it's not common at all... did you email about this problem?[/FONT]
[FONT=arial, arial, helvetica, geneva]you: yea, but i haven't received a response.[/FONT]
[FONT=arial, arial, helvetica, geneva]Hookah and Shisha Central: okay, yes... sorry we have not written back yet... i actually had an email half-composed to you last night that didn't get finished because it got really busy... [/FONT]
[FONT=arial, arial, helvetica, geneva]Hookah and Shisha Central: i'd like to just get a picture of that so I can determine the nature of the problem... is it possible for you to email a quick snapshot?[/FONT]
[FONT=arial, arial, helvetica, geneva]Hookah and Shisha Central: i'd like to determine if the whole shaft needs to be replaced, or if there is another alternative[/FONT]
[FONT=arial, arial, helvetica, geneva]you: yea i can do that.[/FONT]
[FONT=arial, arial, helvetica, geneva]Hookah and Shisha Central: that would be excellent[/FONT]
[FONT=arial, arial, helvetica, geneva]Hookah and Shisha Central: i can get whatever needs to be replaced out to you today[/FONT]
[FONT=arial, arial, helvetica, geneva]you: alright, thank you. i will take a picture real quick and email it to you.[/FONT]
[FONT=arial, arial, helvetica, geneva]Hookah and Shisha Central: excellent... thank you[/FONT]
[FONT=arial, arial, helvetica, geneva]Hookah and Shisha Central: i'll look for that and email you back as soon as I get it... just to let you know what's happening[/FONT]
[FONT=arial, arial, helvetica, geneva]you: thank you very much for your help[/FONT]
[FONT=arial, arial, helvetica, geneva]Hookah and Shisha Central: sure thing![/FONT]
[FONT=arial, arial, helvetica, geneva]Hookah and Shisha Central: happy to help[/FONT]

so, i'd say i'm pretty pleased so far with how they are handling it. i just emailed them the pic and am waiting for them to get back to me. kudos to hookah-shisha on good customer service.
Old April 10th, 2008, 12:41 PM
likespaceships
Hookah Nut

Default Re: broken stem

the live chat thing is great.
hope your problem gets resolved.
Old April 10th, 2008, 12:48 PM
MrBungle
AFNSBFLAVOUR

yeah they have really good customer service. They overcharged me for shipping once and they gave me enough reward points to cover it

Old April 10th, 2008, 12:54 PM
sexyghost
Hookah Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to sexyghost Send a message via MSN to sexyghost

Wow thats really nice of them. Let us know the outcome!
Old April 10th, 2008, 03:24 PM
LilBrad
Hookah Nut

update: kyle at HS got back to me in a timely manner and is sending out the piece i need today. i'm very impressed. here's the convo we had after i sent him the pic. start at the bottom to read it from the beginning.

Hey Brad,
Thanks very much for getting back to me so quickly. I'll go ahead and get you a new downstem out today. I'm just going to put it in the mail, so it will possibly be there by Saturday, instead of waiting for UPS, which would probably put it there on Monday or later. Unfortunately, there will not be a tracking number for you, but I'll make sure it goes out today.

Thanks also for your kind words about our service, and for posting your thoughts on Hookah Pro. We definitely strive for a high level of customer service and it's always great when someone takes the time to share their thoughts.

If you have any other questions, or if there is anything else I can do to help, please don't hesitate to let me know.

Thanks again and have a great day!

Kyle

On Thu, Apr 10, 2008 at 1:56 PM, <emokidzr4brkfst@aim.com> wrote:
Kyle,
I'm sorry about that, i probably should have included that little bit of information to begin with. the threaded receptor piece is still intact and working fine, the only problem is with the downstem itself.

once again, i want to thank you very much for your help. you guys have excellent customer service and it is very much appreciated. don't think that this won't go unnoticed, as i have already told everybody on the hookahpro forum how helpful you have been.

Thanks,
Brad

-----Original Message-----
To: emokidzr4brkfst@aim.com
Sent: Thu, 10 Apr 2008 1:08 pm
Subject: Re: broken ebony stem

Hey Brad,
Thanks very much for the picture. I have one question for you - can you verify that the only issue is with the downstem? I need to know if the threaded receptor piece on the actual shaft is still intact. If it is, I will only need to mail you a new downstem, which will be quick and easy. If the actual shaft is damaged, I will want to get that back from you and send you a new one.

Please just let me know and I'll get on this ASAP.

Thanks!

Kyle

Old April 10th, 2008, 04:50 PM
Sambooka
Sambooka Jr.

Kyle is a great guy!

... They provide some really good customer service in my opinion, from my own experience and from what I have heard ...

http://www.hookahpro.com - Hookah Pro Community - Hookah Forum
~Favorite Hookah~ Khalil Mamoon Amer .. (she leans, so I call her Eileen)
~Favorite Setup~ Egyptian Hookah, Vortex Bowl, Natural Coals (Exotica or Coconara)
~Current Flavor Favorites~ Ayam Zaman 1001 Nights, Hookah Freak Spiced Apple Cider, Starbuzz White Peach
Nakhla Double Apple, Nakhla Earl Grey, Nakhla Sweet Melon, Nakhla Cinnamon, Nakhla Cardamom, Nakhla Fakhfakhina Mixed Fruit, Nakhla El Basha Grape
Al Fakher Mint, Al Fakher Orange, Al Fakher Cinnamon
HookahPro.com .. powered by Elites!
Old April 10th, 2008, 05:11 PM
LilBrad
Hookah Nut

oh yes, i totally agree. now that i have seen first hand how great they are with their customer service skills, i don't have any second thoughts about ordering from them in the future.
Old April 10th, 2008, 05:17 PM
Sambooka
Sambooka Jr.

I got my MYA Collosus from them .. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XdTgFHJpY94

http://www.hookahpro.com - Hookah Pro Community - Hookah Forum
~Favorite Hookah~ Khalil Mamoon Amer .. (she leans, so I call her Eileen)
~Favorite Setup~ Egyptian Hookah, Vortex Bowl, Natural Coals (Exotica or Coconara)
~Current Flavor Favorites~ Ayam Zaman 1001 Nights, Hookah Freak Spiced Apple Cider, Starbuzz White Peach
Nakhla Double Apple, Nakhla Earl Grey, Nakhla Sweet Melon, Nakhla Cinnamon, Nakhla Cardamom, Nakhla Fakhfakhina Mixed Fruit, Nakhla El Basha Grape
Al Fakher Mint, Al Fakher Orange, Al Fakher Cinnamon
HookahPro.com .. powered by Elites!
Old April 10th, 2008, 05:50 PM
LilBrad
Hookah Nut

yea yea, rub it in. lol. i want a collosus so damn bad.
Old April 10th, 2008, 06:58 PM
Raid3n
Hookah Enthusiast

Send a message via MSN to Raid3n

thats the thing i like about HS they have great customer service, they get an A in my book.

I actually signed up for their affiliate program, turn friends to this great company

Last edited by Raid3n; April 10th, 2008 at 07:03 PM.
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook