Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

just sampled 2 af flavors

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old April 17th, 2008, 01:09 AM
ChronicHookah
Banned

Default just sampled 2 af flavors

so tonight i was about to close shop and decided why the hell not? i should try a few flavs that i haven't tried yet, so i grabbed 3 50gram paks af, cherry, melon, and mint, (yes, having your own hookah shop has its perks).
Now the mint I have tried before but I am not a mint guy, i like to add a little mint in the mix once in a while so that's why i grabbed that pack, howevr i haven't tried cherry or melon.
So, I come home, have dinner with the fam, put the kids to sleep and as usual, I prepare my 36"mz and pack my phunnel bowl with cherry by AF. It's great, lots of smoke and tons of flavor, kind of like cocktail cherries. Then I decided, why not, just try the melon tonight as well, so I make some new coals and replace the shisha with melon. Very different, smooth, way less flavor, but just mild and pleasant to smoke. Both are good, very different but good. It's fun to mix things up as I have been getting tired of double apple and mixed fruits. I would suggest whatever brand you get, just get the 50g packs at first, then decide what you like and commit to the bigger purchases.
Also, there are just some flavors that you like once in a great while like caffe latte, or lemon, or etc. Just try them all.
OK, rant/rave over.
Old April 17th, 2008, 07:30 AM
Sambooka
Sambooka Jr.

Default Re: just sampled 2 af flavors

Yeah I agree with trying new flavors, you never know what you may like! I got "talked into" buying AF Grape, and ohhh I am glad I tried it! You just never know what you are going to like!?

And for those of you afraid to try double apple, when you get bored and want to try something different, try a little 50gm pack of the Nakhla Double Apple ... you may love it!? I do now, and didn't the first time I tried it a long time ago.

http://www.hookahpro.com - Hookah Pro Community - Hookah Forum
~Favorite Hookah~ Khalil Mamoon Amer .. (she leans, so I call her Eileen)
~Favorite Setup~ Egyptian Hookah, Vortex Bowl, Natural Coals (Exotica or Coconara)
~Current Flavor Favorites~ Ayam Zaman 1001 Nights, Hookah Freak Spiced Apple Cider, Starbuzz White Peach
Nakhla Double Apple, Nakhla Earl Grey, Nakhla Sweet Melon, Nakhla Cinnamon, Nakhla Cardamom, Nakhla Fakhfakhina Mixed Fruit, Nakhla El Basha Grape
Al Fakher Mint, Al Fakher Orange, Al Fakher Cinnamon
HookahPro.com .. powered by Elites!
Old April 17th, 2008, 07:30 AM
Sambooka
Sambooka Jr.

Ohh I forgot to add, John, try mixing the melon, cherry and mint!? I bet that may be tasty!

~Favorite Setup~ Egyptian Hookah, Vortex Bowl, Natural Coals (Exotica or Coconara)
~Current Flavor Favorites~ Ayam Zaman 1001 Nights, Hookah Freak Spiced Apple Cider, Starbuzz White Peach
Nakhla Double Apple, Nakhla Earl Grey, Nakhla Sweet Melon, Nakhla Cinnamon, Nakhla Cardamom, Nakhla Fakhfakhina Mixed Fruit, Nakhla El Basha Grape
Old April 17th, 2008, 12:08 PM
Huskysibe
Hookah Master

I second the DA. I used to hate it, now I love it, I crave it a few times a month. I have 500g of it at home all the time.
Old April 17th, 2008, 12:31 PM
Kwikwi
Hookah Guru

DA was my first tobacco and I still enjoy it. And agree, I pick up 50gr all the time just to sample flavors from different brands. That gives me a couple bowls to try it out. Has anyone had any luck mixing DA with any other flavors? I haven't tried to yet but wondering if it does well.
Old April 17th, 2008, 01:05 PM
Sambooka
Sambooka Jr.

It might be good with a little Al Fakher Mint, because AF Mint is so refreshing! But just like 10%

Old April 17th, 2008, 02:53 PM
Mortis13
Hookah Newbie

I buy 50g packs all the time, but only because i haven't found any stores that sell any bigger. I've tried mixing Nakhla Double Apple before, but the DA taste usually overwhelms the tobacco you mixed it with... although mixing some AF mint with is might work, I'll try that once theres AF mint available again.
Old April 17th, 2008, 03:53 PM
mrMojoRisin
Hookah Nut

AF mint is the greatest! Sounds like it would go perfectly with the melon flavor!

| 40" Temsah Caramana | [HOWTO] DIY Hookah Hose Hanger | Coffee Can Wind Cover |
Old April 17th, 2008, 06:22 PM
daedra
Hookah Enthusiast

Send a message via MSN to daedra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sambooka View Post
Yeah I agree with trying new flavors, you never know what you may like! I got "talked into" buying AF Grape, and ohhh I am glad I tried it! You just never know what you are going to like!?

And for those of you afraid to try double apple, when you get bored and want to try something different, try a little 50gm pack of the Nakhla Double Apple ... you may love it!? I do now, and didn't the first time I tried it a long time ago.
when i went to ******* hookah, i bought 250g of nakhla double apple. john thought it was a blast from the past - which it is! its one of those flavors that mostly everyone started smoking, but didnt really enjoy it until years later they are like, "mmm i want that again!", partly i think because of nostalgia. if it wasnt for those memories, years back, when this lebanese girl Farah would come over and prepare hookah for me, i probably wouldnt be craving nakhla double apple. the moment i smoke it i feel like im living back then when hookah was so new to me, and her boobs were so nice.
Old April 17th, 2008, 07:33 PM
Sambooka
Sambooka Jr.

Yeah, double apple just seems to bring you back, even if you didn't try it back then! I had a different double apple ... but the nakhla is just fantastic! definitely going to be a staple in my supply!

Old April 17th, 2008, 07:40 PM
ChronicHookah
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by daedra View Post
when i went to ******* hookah, i bought 250g of nakhla double apple. john thought it was a blast from the past - which it is! its one of those flavors that mostly everyone started smoking, but didnt really enjoy it until years later they are like, "mmm i want that again!", partly i think because of nostalgia. if it wasnt for those memories, years back, when this lebanese girl Farah would come over and prepare hookah for me, i probably wouldnt be craving nakhla double apple. the moment i smoke it i feel like im living back then when hookah was so new to me, and her boobs were so nice.
double apple, huh?
Old April 17th, 2008, 07:52 PM
JillyIsJustKidding
Deleted Per User Request

I personally love AF mint and grape (will buy the grape once I can get one from 2008)

Nakhla Mint is pretty good too1 But what sux is that there isn't a bit of minty taste like AF's , its just cold and powerful. To describe it a lil better, it just feels like you are smoking really really cold smoke. If Nakhla added some taste like AF does, people would probably like it a lot.
Old April 17th, 2008, 08:25 PM
ChronicHookah
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JillyIsJustKidding View Post
I personally love AF mint and grape (will buy the grape once I can get one from 2008)

Nakhla Mint is pretty good too1 But what sux is that there isn't a bit of minty taste like AF's , its just cold and powerful. To describe it a lil better, it just feels like you are smoking really really cold smoke. If Nakhla added some taste like AF does, people would probably like it a lot.
Jilly, I don't get it, you are in CA, a lot of place have AF GRape 08, there was another topic that discussed this about a certain vendor that has all 08AF in stock for 250g. ahem.
But seriously getting 08 grape should be a nonissue now, am i missing something?
Old April 17th, 2008, 11:24 PM
Ace2666
Hookah Nut

yeah, i just got AF grape 2008. From some vendor in CA. ahem.

OH, hey *******, didn't see you there. How you doing? :P
Old April 17th, 2008, 11:25 PM
sabsz
Hookah Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ************* View Post
double apple, huh?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!
Old April 18th, 2008, 12:05 AM
daedra
Hookah Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace2666 View Post
yeah, i just got AF grape 2008. From some vendor in CA. ahem.
yea i heard about the same vendor. he has all fresh al fakher. i think his name was uh, james? no no, jim? no no, johann? nah, but something like that. and he ran some hookah store, called chrome hookah, wait, no no, crunchy hookah, no, not that either, but it was something like that... hmmmmmmm...
Old April 18th, 2008, 12:49 AM
ChronicHookah
Banned

thanks guys, but seriously, it's not just me, but anyone should be able to get fresh Af these days, what am i missing?
Old April 18th, 2008, 12:59 AM
uglybiker
Quantum Bubblenautics,PhD

I don't know. I just remember getting my Al Fakher hookah from AFonline last month and they sent me a 50g grape sample stamped July 2006!

Old April 18th, 2008, 01:39 AM
daedra
Hookah Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by uglybiker View Post
I don't know. I just remember getting my Al Fakher hookah from AFonline last month and they sent me a 50g grape sample stamped July 2006!
personally id play it safe and order AF from ******* hookah. the AF i picked up there was top notch unlike the AF grape i bought from another local store.

PS: john did you ever try out grenadine or cardamom?? i think you tried one of em, i cant remember which one. i still havent tried AF jasmin, been too busy smoking up this golden eskandarani apple.
Old April 18th, 2008, 08:43 AM
Sambooka
Sambooka Jr.

Quote:
personally id play it safe and order AF from ******* hookah. the AF i picked up there was top notch unlike the AF grape i bought from another local store.
Yeah I would play it safe and order from him too, he seems really honest and has some good deals. He is straight up telling you the manufactured dates of the tobacco you are ordering. heck you could probably even call him up and I am sure he would graciously help ya out with any questions ya have. I have spoken with him on the phone, seems like a good guy.

Old April 18th, 2008, 10:46 AM
ChronicHookah
Banned

Quote:

PS: john did you ever try out grenadine or cardamom?? i think you tried one of em, i cant remember which one. i still havent tried AF jasmin, been too busy smoking up this golden eskandarani apple.
i have to be honest, what the heck is cardamom? I haven't tried it yet but I sure do look at it. The thing with AF is you can't smell the flavor from the outside of the box since the packaging is top notch. The grenadine is great though I finished my tub a few months back. I want to try vanilla next though, has anyone tried that?
Old April 18th, 2008, 12:29 PM
uglybiker
Quantum Bubblenautics,PhD

Cardemom:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cardamom

Old April 18th, 2008, 05:21 PM
Sambooka
Sambooka Jr.

I got some today, I am going to try it out

Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook