Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

would the smell of the smoke make ur room smell or any thing ???

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old April 17th, 2008, 02:37 AM
BARFARTZERO
Banned

Exclamation would the smell of the smoke make ur room smell or any thing ???

k i had a friend her moms smokes alot of cigs n her house smells like smoke n the choches toO and the walls are yellow

would smoking hookah in a room do this to

need to no A.S.A.P
Old April 17th, 2008, 02:51 AM
mrMojoRisin
Hookah Nut

Default Re: would the smell of the smoke make ur room smell or any thing ???

Well, I live with my mom and she doesn't know I smoke. Though I have smoked in the living room a couple times. And a couple more in my room. And since she still doesn't know I smoke (she would have said something), it would seem that the smell isn't on the furniture. But leave the windows open or something so the smoke will get out of the room quicker.

Plus, I wouldn't think it would stick to the couch or anything else, since it doesn't stay on your clothes. Just be careful not to drop coals on the carpet.

| 40" Temsah Caramana | [HOWTO] DIY Hookah Hose Hanger | Coffee Can Wind Cover |

Last edited by mrMojoRisin; April 17th, 2008 at 02:52 AM. Reason: added to it.
Old April 17th, 2008, 02:51 AM
MNH
Vendor

Send a message via AIM to MNH

It still is smoke but I dont think it is going to smell like a nasty ass cig. smell.
Old April 17th, 2008, 02:58 AM
BARFARTZERO
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrMojoRisin View Post
Well, I live with my mom and she doesn't know I smoke. Though I have smoked in the living room a couple times. And a couple more in my room. And since she still doesn't know I smoke (she would have said something), it would seem that the smell isn't on the furniture. But leave the windows open or something so the smoke will get out of the room quicker.

Plus, I wouldn't think it would stick to the couch or anything else, since it doesn't stay on your clothes. Just be careful not to drop coals on the carpet.
en u smoke in ur room is ur mom there ?
Old April 17th, 2008, 03:00 AM
BARFARTZERO
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MNH View Post
It still is smoke but I dont think it is going to smell like a nasty ass cig. smell.
thanks man
Old April 17th, 2008, 04:19 AM
JillyIsJustKidding
Deleted Per User Request

Well I always smoke in my room. Just leave the window open so the smell of cooked and flavored ma'assel will get out of the room lol. Candles help out with the smell too.

It will smell no where near cigs at all. It will smell like the flav you just smoked
Old April 17th, 2008, 04:24 AM
BARFARTZERO
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JillyIsJustKidding View Post
Well I always smoke in my room. Just leave the window open so the smell of cooked and flavored ma'assel will get out of the room lol. Candles help out with the smell too.

It will smell no where near cigs at all. It will smell like the flav you just smoked
ok should i cover the creek under the door o yeah should i turn the celing fan on?
Old April 17th, 2008, 04:29 AM
JillyIsJustKidding
Deleted Per User Request

I would def. put a towel under the door just in case. My mom was able to smell it outside of my room one time and I was freaking out lmao.

Fans will help too. The smell will be gone about an hour or two after smoking
Old April 17th, 2008, 04:42 AM
BARFARTZERO
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JillyIsJustKidding View Post
I would def. put a towel under the door just in case. My mom was able to smell it outside of my room one time and I was freaking out lmao.

Fans will help too. The smell will be gone about an hour or two after smoking
lol cuz i rtemenber when i was 17 i bought cigars and i smoked them in my room wihh my friends next day my room really smell and my mom knew lol and 1 week later the smell was still in my room n pillows
Old April 17th, 2008, 04:51 AM
HiToKiRi
Hookah Nut

Well the fact is that cigarette smoke smells strong and horrific and as you've also pointed out, leaves nasty odours hanging around. In my experience shisha smoke does not. Every time I smoke shisha indoors it actually makes the room smell just like whatever flavour shisha I've been smoking i.e. it actually smells nice.

Cigarette smoke tends to stain things because of the high amount of tar and other added chemicals but shisha has virtually no tar and no chemicals.
Old April 17th, 2008, 05:04 AM
BARFARTZERO
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiToKiRi View Post
Well the fact is that cigarette smoke smells strong and horrific and as you've also pointed out, leaves nasty odours hanging around. In my experience shisha smoke does not. Every time I smoke shisha indoors it actually makes the room smell just like whatever flavour shisha I've been smoking i.e. it actually smells nice.

Cigarette smoke tends to stain things because of the high amount of tar and other added chemicals but shisha has virtually no tar and no chemicals.
thanks man am going to give it a try
Old April 17th, 2008, 06:10 AM
Dunkel
Bad Motherf^&*er!

Whenever I see a question like this it bugs me. If you are affraid of getting caught smoking then smoke outside or at a friends house. By hiding the fact that you smoke you are in essence lying to the folks you live with. It's not like smoking a hookah is illegal. Why hide?
Old April 17th, 2008, 07:17 AM
Sambooka
Sambooka Jr.

Yeah the hookah will make your room smell, make it smell GOOD! depending on the flavor ..

I was afraid to smoke in the house, because I didn't want the cigarette type smells, but once I finally did, I realized it is like incense and just makes your whole room or house smell good.

http://www.hookahpro.com - Hookah Pro Community - Hookah Forum
~Favorite Hookah~ Khalil Mamoon Amer .. (she leans, so I call her Eileen)
~Favorite Setup~ Egyptian Hookah, Vortex Bowl, Natural Coals (Exotica or Coconara)
~Current Flavor Favorites~ Ayam Zaman 1001 Nights, Hookah Freak Spiced Apple Cider, Starbuzz White Peach
Nakhla Double Apple, Nakhla Earl Grey, Nakhla Sweet Melon, Nakhla Cinnamon, Nakhla Cardamom, Nakhla Fakhfakhina Mixed Fruit, Nakhla El Basha Grape
Al Fakher Mint, Al Fakher Orange, Al Fakher Cinnamon
HookahPro.com .. powered by Elites!
Old April 17th, 2008, 01:24 PM
Louayy
Hookah Nut

lol i smoke in my room all the time and my mom loves the smell she says it makes the house smelll better lol
Old April 17th, 2008, 02:41 PM
BARFARTZERO
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunkel View Post
Whenever I see a question like this it bugs me. If you are affraid of getting caught smoking then smoke outside or at a friends house. By hiding the fact that you smoke you are in essence lying to the folks you live with. It's not like smoking a hookah is illegal. Why hide?
no cuz i just moved back with my family and i have one lil bro n one sis there like 9 years old and i dont wanna smoke in front of them
Old April 17th, 2008, 02:43 PM
BARFARTZERO
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sambooka View Post
Yeah the hookah will make your room smell, make it smell GOOD! depending on the flavor ..

I was afraid to smoke in the house, because I didn't want the cigarette type smells, but once I finally did, I realized it is like incense and just makes your whole room or house smell good.
k F*** IT am doing it on friday in my room.
thanks
Old April 17th, 2008, 09:12 PM
sabsz
Hookah Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunkel View Post
Because, although its not illegal and you are old enough. It might not sit well with your parents that you are smoking. The fact that is unhealthy, and even that you are smoking inside might freak them out. Also it might break their heart to know that their child has taken up smoking, no matter what age. It depends on the parents really. My parents know I smoke, but I don't really do it when they are around or tell them that I am smoking inside. That freaks them out a little, because I used to light stuff on fire inside the house, and it would reek. So they would get angry, also we have had issues with house fires before like twice. So they don't like me fucking around with lighters inside. At one point they got so mad they took away my lighters, like 6 Zippos and a bunch of cool jet and butane lighters. But lately they don't care what I do. And i got the lighters back eventually, just promised that I would stop setting things on fire inside the house.
I am a self-proclaimed pyro.

Last edited by sabsz; April 17th, 2008 at 09:18 PM.
Old April 17th, 2008, 11:07 PM
Ace2666
Hookah Nut

I smoke inside and I have no problem what so ever with smell. The smell will leave the area quickly, if you even notice the smell. Otherwords you should be fine.
Old April 18th, 2008, 08:53 AM
Sambooka
Sambooka Jr.

Put it this way, I was smoking a pear bowl filled with banana tobacco, and my girlfriend walked in from work and said "mmmmmm it smells good in here!" nuff said!

http://www.hookahpro.com - Hookah Pro Community - Hookah Forum
~Favorite Hookah~ Khalil Mamoon Amer .. (she leans, so I call her Eileen)
~Favorite Setup~ Egyptian Hookah, Vortex Bowl, Natural Coals (Exotica or Coconara)
~Current Flavor Favorites~ Ayam Zaman 1001 Nights, Hookah Freak Spiced Apple Cider, Starbuzz White Peach
Nakhla Double Apple, Nakhla Earl Grey, Nakhla Sweet Melon, Nakhla Cinnamon, Nakhla Cardamom, Nakhla Fakhfakhina Mixed Fruit, Nakhla El Basha Grape
Al Fakher Mint, Al Fakher Orange, Al Fakher Cinnamon
HookahPro.com .. powered by Elites!
Old April 18th, 2008, 10:06 AM
mr 138
Hookah Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrMojoRisin View Post

hehe exacly what happened to me
nice black spot on the carpet.
mom didn't see it yet though
Old April 18th, 2008, 03:15 PM
ThatTrevorGuy
Hookah Nut

Send a message via AIM to ThatTrevorGuy

Ok so I still live with my mom (yes go ahead and laugh lol) anyways literally 15 mins ago she came home as I was smoking a bowl of some Cherry and Menthol while watching Juno and I quickly turned on my fan, opened up my window and cleaned up the hookah and put it back on my floor by the window where I always leave it. (now my mom has known i've smoked cigarettes since I was 15 so she doesn't care that I smoke in fact she has talked with me for over an hour once outside while I was having hookah) anyways she walked right past my room where my door was opened and didn't say anything. Hookah smell isn't pungent but it does take a good 30 mins to completely clear out of a room.

I would suggest scented candles, cologne or other sprays. a fan and a window and your set.
Old April 18th, 2008, 04:42 PM
hookahking
Hookah Nut

yeah it will! if you smoke in your house or room i would open up an ass load of windows and get a couple of fans going(thats if your trying to hide the smell).... Me personally i love the smell so i don't bother with airing anything out.
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook