Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

RIP stargate story

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old April 18th, 2008, 12:01 AM
daedra
Hookah Enthusiast

Send a message via MSN to daedra
Default RIP stargate story

i went to classes today. there was a new teacher today, "what are you into?" she asked me. "i like shoegazing and hookah." turned out she is lebanese, but she didnt quite understand what shoegazing is, but instead of telling her its just a genre of music i explained it vaguely, "you have to hear it to feel its essence."

afterwards, heres where things get depressing and happy at the same time.. i came home and went straight to cleaning my stargate. i tried out sambooka's beer method, worked well. plenty of hot water, lots of scrubbing, dryed everything so it wouldnt rust.

as i was assembling the stargate i was thinking, "id sure like to smoke a bowl right now." but nah, i was just planning to put the stargate up and sit on the computer doing work. anyways... when it came time to screw the stem to the base of the stargate, something dreadful happened!

the acrylic had finally stripped!!! i knew this would eventually happen! i had been smoking it everyday for months and months, each time i would unscrew it, a bit of white powder would get on my hands. but finally today, it had completely stripped after all this use. i kept screwing it hoping it would tighten but no, it was kaput.

i freaked out. i cant go without hookah even though i wasnt planning on having a session today. so i called bilal (or billy as he prefers it ) since i was initially planning on buying a hookah from him a long time ago. he immediately sprung into action to get me one while i called my friend joey the viking, to see if i could get a ride from him.

he came, we drove to the new starbuzz warehouse. amazing, i was like wow

and there it was, a KM black pear waiting for me. we walked around checking things out, its honestly a hookahnauts dream. we also talked for a bit. and yes, i got a pair of the infamous starbuzz pocket tongs haha.

me and joey the viking then drove back to my house. smoked a bowl of starbuzz white peach while we played halo and ate pizza. turned out to be a great day even though i was freaking out over my stargate finally kicking the bucket.

RIP stargate, you were amazing, you got me laid numerous times and you were there for all the parties i had with other hookah pro members. you were a beautiful one.
Old April 18th, 2008, 01:52 AM
NazarHookah
Vendor

Send a message via AIM to NazarHookah Send a message via MSN to NazarHookah Send a message via Yahoo to NazarHookah
Default Re: RIP stargate story

this truly makes me sad
Old April 18th, 2008, 01:56 AM
mrMojoRisin
Hookah Nut

Wait, is Bilal open again??!! I've been waiting forever! I need a new hookah and I finally have spare cash!

| 40" Temsah Caramana | [HOWTO] DIY Hookah Hose Hanger | Coffee Can Wind Cover |
Old April 18th, 2008, 02:00 AM
daedra
Hookah Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by NazarHookah View Post
this truly makes me sad
i used it ALOT! so i was pretty sad when the acrylic finally gave out. there are some things im going to miss about it, for fucks sake, the thing got me laid with 2 different women! MULTIPLE TIMES! so yea, im going to miss it.

as for the KM i got today, i can see why people like it, it smokes great! but when it comes to looks, the stargate is one sexy beast , i mean come on, it got me laid with 2 different women! MULTIPLE TIMES!

overall, there are great things about them both. and i want to thank you mahir for selling me my stargate, i took good care of it but this was something i couldnt have prevented. i can see why they've made the new stargates with glass instead of acrylic. everytime you unscrew the base, before cleaning, or to put water in, it would slowly strip the threading. not sure why taqseem didnt see this problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrMojoRisin View Post
Wait, is Bilal open again??!! I've been waiting forever! I need a new hookah and I finally have spare cash!
the store is open - or at least i think it was open, there was another customer there when i went. but as for the site, billy is still working on that.

Last edited by daedra; April 18th, 2008 at 02:08 AM.
Old April 18th, 2008, 02:05 AM
dragonman586
Hookah Pro

I'm so jealous of the fact that you can just ride to all these vendors mingle with them and get great stuff! But I feel for you man! I really do.
Old April 18th, 2008, 02:13 AM
daedra
Hookah Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonman586 View Post
I'm so jealous of the fact that you can just ride to all these vendors mingle with them and get great stuff! But I feel for you man! I really do.
HAHAHA! yea, the sad thing is i dont have a car hahaha. imagine if i did have a car - one week im drinking iced tea with mahir, next week im wine tasting with smiley haha.

dont worry, yea i was freaking out but hell, i smoked it everyday about two times a day, not to mention the sessions with friends that lasted for hours and hours. i definitely got my money's worth from it, along with a ton of good memories.
Old April 18th, 2008, 02:56 AM
dragonman586
Hookah Pro

I do have a car...but I'm stuck here in Newark NJ / Spring Valley Ny
Old April 18th, 2008, 06:36 AM
Dunkel
Bad Motherf^&*er!

That is a bummer man, but at least you got a KM out of the deal. I personally don't like the looks of a Stargate. I mean maybe if I was a Star Trek goober I'd like it! LOL
Old April 18th, 2008, 08:38 AM
Sambooka
Sambooka Jr.

:: Bows head in a moment of silence :::

RIP Ohhh Great Stargate of daedra with super natural powers to get him laid ... poor guy will probably never get laid again now guess he will just have to take matters into his own hands now ...

http://www.hookahpro.com - Hookah Pro Community - Hookah Forum
~Favorite Hookah~ Khalil Mamoon Amer .. (she leans, so I call her Eileen)
~Favorite Setup~ Egyptian Hookah, Vortex Bowl, Natural Coals (Exotica or Coconara)
~Current Flavor Favorites~ Ayam Zaman 1001 Nights, Hookah Freak Spiced Apple Cider, Starbuzz White Peach
Nakhla Double Apple, Nakhla Earl Grey, Nakhla Sweet Melon, Nakhla Cinnamon, Nakhla Cardamom, Nakhla Fakhfakhina Mixed Fruit, Nakhla El Basha Grape
Al Fakher Mint, Al Fakher Orange, Al Fakher Cinnamon
HookahPro.com .. powered by Elites!
Old April 18th, 2008, 08:59 AM
Raid3n
Hookah Enthusiast

Send a message via MSN to Raid3n

i so could look at that statement in a way completely unintended....or maybe im not... lol
Old April 18th, 2008, 09:01 AM
Sambooka
Sambooka Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raid3n View Post
i so could look at that statement in a way completely unintended....or maybe im not... lol
I am joking with daedra, he will find the humor in it

~Favorite Setup~ Egyptian Hookah, Vortex Bowl, Natural Coals (Exotica or Coconara)
~Current Flavor Favorites~ Ayam Zaman 1001 Nights, Hookah Freak Spiced Apple Cider, Starbuzz White Peach
Nakhla Double Apple, Nakhla Earl Grey, Nakhla Sweet Melon, Nakhla Cinnamon, Nakhla Cardamom, Nakhla Fakhfakhina Mixed Fruit, Nakhla El Basha Grape
Old April 18th, 2008, 09:04 AM
Raid3n
Hookah Enthusiast

Send a message via MSN to Raid3n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sambooka View Post
I am joking with daedra, he will find the humor in it
i know. i caught that one pretty fast lol.
Old April 18th, 2008, 09:30 AM
Redneckwoman688
Hookah Nut

Send a message via AIM to Redneckwoman688 Send a message via Yahoo to Redneckwoman688 Send a message via Skype™ to Redneckwoman688

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sambooka View Post
:: Bows head in a moment of silence :::

RIP Ohhh Great Stargate of daedra with super natural powers to get him laid ... poor guy will probably never get laid again now guess he will just have to take matters into his own hands now ...

I'm pretty sure Daedra will have no problem in that department..Lol..I loved how he mentioned it repeatedly in one post and then again repeated himself again in another post and went all out to capitalize "MULTIPLE TIMES". Got to love him.

I'm so jealous that you can just go hang out with so many HP peoples. I just live in the world's unluckiest state, so far away from vendors and other HP peoples. One day I will make it over to Cali though (something I've always planned on to do before I die. I need to get off the damn east coast. I have only been really off twice in my life (went to colorado and Minnesota, both for health conferences, was paid for by my college))

Again I am bored in class so of course I'm on HP writing the world's longest reply posts. Lol
Old April 18th, 2008, 10:33 AM
ChronicHookah
Banned

i'm still waiting for another daedra visit. this guy is one great hookah consumer! oh, and by his posts pretty good with the women too, lol!
Old April 18th, 2008, 11:31 AM
NazarHookah
Vendor

Send a message via AIM to NazarHookah Send a message via MSN to NazarHookah Send a message via Yahoo to NazarHookah

Yes!

Iced tea is awesome!

And as for him not getting laid again SamB....it's probably true....hahaha

juuusstt kidding!

-Mahir
Old April 18th, 2008, 11:54 AM
Sambooka
Sambooka Jr.

hahaha mahir

... just messing with ya daedra!

Old April 18th, 2008, 01:00 PM
Wanab
Hookah Newbie

Send a message via AIM to Wanab

I was about to get a Stargate but now I am not sure
Old April 18th, 2008, 03:14 PM
ZenSilk
Hookah Master

I'll cut a notch in my wrist...errr.. belt for the dearly departed.
Old April 19th, 2008, 08:17 PM
mattathayde
Hookah Master

you could so gheto rig it with a lot of teflon tape, get some more miles out of it... it may take like 1/3 of roll but thats still pretty much pocket change
-matt
Old April 19th, 2008, 09:42 PM
daedra
Hookah Enthusiast

thank you guys for all your kind words. the burial service will be held tomorrow.
Old April 19th, 2008, 11:02 PM
Scoop
Hookah Guru

you can get plumbers tape and use that to thread the acrylic.
Old April 20th, 2008, 12:48 AM
ChronicHookah
Banned

daedra, just listen to the other posts, it sounds like it's not dead just yet. i have owned at least 20 hookahs. almost none go bad (unless you break the stem) just rig it like mentioned above. most good quality hookahs last years, the only problem we all have here is that we always want another newer one (like women in your case daedra!) don't toss this one just yet, work through. you are free to buy all the hookahs you want but don't be quick to discard what you have, keep it a part of your collection even if it isn't your favorate anymore. who here thinks daedra needs to have his own harem?
Old April 20th, 2008, 03:22 AM
daedra
Hookah Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by ************* View Post
daedra, just listen to the other posts, it sounds like it's not dead just yet. i have owned at least 20 hookahs. almost none go bad (unless you break the stem) just rig it like mentioned above. most good quality hookahs last years, the only problem we all have here is that we always want another newer one (like women in your case daedra!) don't toss this one just yet, work through. you are free to buy all the hookahs you want but don't be quick to discard what you have, keep it a part of your collection even if it isn't your favorate anymore. who here thinks daedra needs to have his own harem?
i think maybe i should keep it - but space here is so limited. although taping it up does sound good, i dealt with that in the past when my nammor wouldnt stay in the hose port, it worked but man that was a hassel to deal with.

slowly adjusting to the KM pear, its bigger than the stargate which is nice, and it does hit very well, not entirely different but it does hit very well. i'd gladly pay more for this KM that what i got it for.
Old April 20th, 2008, 08:10 PM
KoRnKitten
Moderator Kitteh

Send a message via AIM to KoRnKitten Send a message via Yahoo to KoRnKitten

I have had my start gate 100x longer than you! How in the hell did you strip it?!?! mine is a tank.....

Sorry about losing a dear friend, but congrats on the new one!

GLaDOS: "You euthanised your faithful companion cube more quickly than any test subject on record. Congratulations!"
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook