Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Hookah lounge

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old April 23rd, 2008, 07:23 PM
Enigma1234
Hookah Newbie

Default Hookah lounge

My cousin and i are thinking of starting a hookah lounge in southwest Florida. there is only one out here so not much competition. and a lot college students. Im looking for some suggestion as for interior design and what kind of service should i offer. or any tips in general
Old April 23rd, 2008, 07:53 PM
mattathayde
Hookah Master

Default Re: Hookah lounge

dont expect to turn a huge profit, especially at first.

offer good shisha and make sure you clean the hookahs. there is a place up here that doesnt change the water or clean the hoses and offers low quality shisha.

the place i like to go to offers 4 different shishas at different prices (the top 2 are starbuzz and tangiers). they have good service but any one that comes in and sits down has to buy a drink (20 oz bottle) as a way to guarantee they cover costs. food is a good way to pull money in but it is hard to do all that, if you just have some snack items like candy and chips that will probably help some. the prices are like 9, 11, 13 and 15 i think for their different levels, they also offer a "counter special" which is all the bits of shisha they sweep off the counter (also happens to have a bunch of ash from starting hookahs but its cheap).

getting new mixes and new items in will be a good way to keep things fresh and if you sell hookahs, shisha and accessories separately also that will be a good way to get some money in.

go look at other hookah bars even if you have to travel and spend a couple hundred to travel and try out the places to get ideas about what to do and not to do

-matt
Old April 24th, 2008, 12:15 AM
mrMojoRisin
Hookah Nut

My dream is to open a successful hookah lounge, so here we go. I'll describe what mine might be like.

Interior: Definitely gotta have comfy chairs and couches with lots of big comfy throw pillows. Maybe some low tables to put food and drinks on. A TV to watch sports stuff on. Music. Mood lighting. Industrial, modern looking lights and fixtures. Nice relaxing colors.

Menu: Fountain drinks. Coffee. Espresso. Lattes. Cappuccino. Juices and milk. Of course have stuff to eat, too. Fries, sandwiches, hot pockets, oven pizzas, etc. As for the shisha, gotta have a bunch of flavors. And be sure to offer mixes.

Etc: Something to do while smoking and chilling with friends. Pool table? Air hockey? Fooseball? Decks of cards and poker chips? Gotta keep the customers entertained.

That's all I can think of at the moment. I'll get back to ya if I think of anything I left out.

| 40" Temsah Caramana | [HOWTO] DIY Hookah Hose Hanger | Coffee Can Wind Cover |
Old April 24th, 2008, 12:37 AM
cemab4y
Hookah Nut

Send a message via MSN to cemab4y

I suggest you get an industrial-grade air cleaner. These devices are available for restaurants, bars, etc. Even though people go to the lounge for smoking, you do not want the place smelling like stale smoke.
Old April 24th, 2008, 12:50 AM
Lekyrr
Hookah Newbie

I honestly think interior/exterior design will make or break a lounge. You could have the best smoking hookahs and flavors, but if its in a boring place it wont really matter.

Some ideas:
-Dark relaxing interior
-Keep everything on the floor to make it relaxing
-Large Pillows/Bean bags instead of stool or chairs
-Low tables to put drinks/food and hookahs on
-Individual smoking areas to keep it more personal with the people in your party
-Small flat screens in each area playing movies or sports
-Magazines and gameboards (chess or checkers) on the tables
-Recessed mellow lighting
-Drapes/curtains to separate the smoking areas
-Cool art/plants to add the the decor
-Full bar perhaps with cool mixed drinks and a list of drinks made to compliment certain shishas
-Starbucks style snack bar I.E. coffeess, juices, teas smoothies, pastries, small snacks
-Have a hookah shop inside where people can buy the hookahs or shisha you use if they like your selection
-Maybe somehow rent out hookah packages for people who want to have hookah parties.
-Constantly make mixes for people to try perhaps a M.O.T.M.... MIX of the Month
-Bowl made out of fruits and juices in the vase for an extra cost
-Well trained staff
-Not cheap but fair prices to make you a profit and still draw a following
-Cool music mixes
-Theme nights with the music and decor 70s 80s luau masquerade Halloween etc
-Live D.J. on the weekend
-Dance floor
-Try to have an upscale and hip ambiance/appeal
-Allow usuals to sign up as "Lounge Members/V.I.P.s" for a month or year to receive discounts

This would be my ideal lounge but probably not all of it is possible, but hope I helped with some ideas.

Last edited by Lekyrr; April 24th, 2008 at 12:54 AM.
Old April 24th, 2008, 05:00 AM
cemab4y
Hookah Nut

There used to be a website, that sold a complete "Turn-Key" operation. You bought a "kit" with books, CDs, and tips on how to get a hookah lounge started. The cost was not unreasonable. Is this website still on?
Old April 24th, 2008, 03:19 PM
Enigma1234
Hookah Newbie

Thanks for all the Suggestions Everybody
Old April 24th, 2008, 06:37 PM
EV4N
Hookah Nut

Send a message via AIM to EV4N

what part of florida are you planning on putting this lounge in?
Old April 26th, 2008, 03:23 AM
cemab4y
Hookah Nut

Please keep us apprised of your situation. I wish you every possible success. My wife and I have discussed the possibility of setting up a "hookah catering" business. We would deliver about five hookahs to a private residence. Bring tobacco, coals, etc. Set up arabian music on the stereo. Wife wears a "harem girl" costume. Charge about $200 or so for a nights party.

If you set up a lounge there in Florida, you should consider catering hookah parties in private residences, it is good side line, and you also introduce new people to hookah, and build a customer base for your lounge.

Wat Say?
Old April 26th, 2008, 03:40 AM
daedra
Hookah Enthusiast

Send a message via MSN to daedra

Quote:
Originally Posted by cemab4y View Post
My wife and I have discussed the possibility of setting up a "hookah catering" business. We would deliver about five hookahs to a private residence. Bring tobacco, coals, etc. Set up arabian music on the stereo. Wife wears a "harem girl" costume. Charge about $200 or so for a nights party.
this worries me.
Old April 26th, 2008, 08:34 PM
ChronicHookah
Banned

actually, it's a good idea. i know of paker parties where they always need this service and some actually do, some high rollers. you don't need to bring the wife for these poker parties, nor any music, just hookahs and service. this is good if you can find a regular poker night for guys who smoke hookah all the time and don't want to be bothered when playing.
Old April 26th, 2008, 08:38 PM
Enigma1234
Hookah Newbie

Fort myers, naples area
Old April 26th, 2008, 10:45 PM
EV4N
Hookah Nut

Send a message via AIM to EV4N

me and a friend would like to but we are in no position to yet. but i have already thought of the lay out and how i would have my computer system set up and how the menu would look. and the services. and roughly how many people to work it and just shit like that.
Old April 27th, 2008, 10:51 AM
persianpimp730
Hookah Nut

My uncle is a business man and wants to open a hookah bar in our area and wants me to run it.
He's basically going to fund me to create it. Hes rich so this should be a nice smoking experience =]
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook