Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

just got a hookah!

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old May 1st, 2008, 05:38 AM
tiger-style
Hookah Newbie

Default just got a hookah!

Hey everyone, awesome site! Been a member here for a couple weeks now but have not posted anything yet so I decided to let you all know about the 'new' hookah I just got! I was introduced to the hookah during 1st year uni (last year) by my Israeli friend that I was living with on campus and I must say I loved it! From then on I had a sesh with my friends pretty much every night. However, after 1st year I never got to see my friend that often, which also meant I never got to see his hookah that often. So I stopped smoking hookah since the beginning of summer last year, until now.

A couple days ago, the same friend had called me up and he was packing his stuff up getting ready to move out of Uni (we lived in different residents this year) and he asked if I wanted his 'broken' hookah since he would be in Israel this summer, where he could get a hookah for dirt cheap. The problem with his hookah was the water would not bubble when you inhaled through the hose. So we messed around with it for a bit trying to figure out what was wrong and I noticed that the downstem had cracked and was slightly split open so we tried taping it up and it fixed the problem! He also gave me some coals, and a 50g box of shisha (nakhla mixed fruit *barf*).

I don't know if this is appropriate in this section of the forum, but I was wondering if anyone would be willing to sell me any extra tobacco that they have since I don't have a credit card yet and also I'm in Canada so shipping is hella expensive. I'll pretty much take anything (well, flavours that I like), except for nakhla since it gives me headaches. There is a site that accepts paypal, which is gothookahs.com, however the site seems a bit sketchy to me (let me know if you've ordered from here or heard anything about it).

Anyways thats my 'first hookah' story for you guys, I'm still a bit of a noob but I have spent quite a bit of time reading the forums and have learned a lot.
Old May 1st, 2008, 05:57 AM
wolfstar
Hookah Nut

Default Re: just got a hookah!

Welcome to the site, I'm sure you'll get all the help you'll need here. I'll start by recommending John at http://www.*************.com/ , you'll get fantasic customer service and great prices on Al-Fakher and he takes paypal to boot
Old May 1st, 2008, 06:18 AM
tiger-style
Hookah Newbie

wow thanks for the reply wolfstar, def appreciated. i'll check out ************* for sure!
Old May 1st, 2008, 06:22 AM
KoRnKitten
Moderator Kitteh

Send a message via AIM to KoRnKitten Send a message via Yahoo to KoRnKitten

The site that take paypal for shisha, be weary. As an owner you could get your accounts frozen and withhold ALL of the money in it.

It happened to me when I did it as a small trade and got royally screwed! They also hit nazarhookah too , and that's why he doesn't offer paypal anymore.

but if you can get away with it, goodluck.

GLaDOS: "You euthanised your faithful companion cube more quickly than any test subject on record. Congratulations!"
Old May 1st, 2008, 09:38 AM
Sambooka
Sambooka Jr.

Yeah be really careful about paypal and tobacco!

Congrats on the new free hookah, and fixing the air leak problem Hope ya find what you are looking for, I think there are a few members from Canada here, I know Sabz is ....

Cheers!

http://www.hookahpro.com - Hookah Pro Community - Hookah Forum
~Favorite Hookah~ Khalil Mamoon Amer .. (she leans, so I call her Eileen)
~Favorite Setup~ Egyptian Hookah, Vortex Bowl, Natural Coals (Exotica or Coconara)
~Current Flavor Favorites~ Ayam Zaman 1001 Nights, Hookah Freak Spiced Apple Cider, Starbuzz White Peach
Nakhla Double Apple, Nakhla Earl Grey, Nakhla Sweet Melon, Nakhla Cinnamon, Nakhla Cardamom, Nakhla Fakhfakhina Mixed Fruit, Nakhla El Basha Grape
Al Fakher Mint, Al Fakher Orange, Al Fakher Cinnamon
HookahPro.com .. powered by Elites!
Old May 1st, 2008, 11:08 AM
shishaholiC
Hookah Pro

Where are the pics?
A new hookah thread is nothing without pictures
Old May 1st, 2008, 12:05 PM
ChronicHookah
Banned

welcome to the site!
Old May 1st, 2008, 01:13 PM
phatpride1
Hookah Pro

welcome the the site dood, and happy smoking =]
Old May 1st, 2008, 03:34 PM
tiger-style
Hookah Newbie

hehe thanks for the welcome everyone and thanks for the heads up kornkitten and sambooka! I will try to upload pics asap when I get my camera fixed :\ I'll take some pics with my phone later on the day though.
Old May 1st, 2008, 05:58 PM
tiger-style
Hookah Newbie

Alright, as promised, here are some pics of the free hookah I got!
Let me know what y'all think
Attached Thumbnails
photo-3.jpg   photo.jpg   photo-1.jpg   photo-2.jpg  
Old May 1st, 2008, 08:18 PM
sabsz
Hookah Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sambooka View Post
Yeah be really careful about paypal and tobacco!

Congrats on the new free hookah, and fixing the air leak problem Hope ya find what you are looking for, I think there are a few members from Canada here, I know Sabz is ....

Cheers!
Hehe, I sure am. tiger-style whereabouts are you in Canada? I'm in Ontario, near the Niagara region. However I'll be moving to Toronto over the summer. The only shisha that is readily and easily available here, unfortunately is Nakhla. Some places carry Al Fakher as well, but you might have trouble finding a store that carries it. Also the lowest price I have seen for 250g of Nakhla is 15 dollars and that price can go all the way up to 30, and for Al Fakher the lowest I have seen is 25 dollars and that can even go up to 40 from what I have heard. So it can be a real drain on your wallet to buy anything here, except for coal. Usually the best coal you can find here is 3kings and it is available in a lot of random stores, you might get lucky and pick up come lump natural coals. But you will never find anything like Exoticas or CocoNaras. But I can get a box of 3kings for the same price as online and end up paying less for it because I wouldn't be paying for shipping. Generally though us Canadians have it rough when it comes to smoking shisha, your best bet is to buy stuff online. As long as you aren't getting raped on shipping, and your package is marked as a low value gift. Even then you might get screwed by brokerage etc. But that the shit we have to go through. Anyways this was a really long ass response. So yeah, this is a great forum and I hope you enjoy your stay here. You can always ask questions if you need to, most members here are pretty awesome. So good luck and keep smoking, and Welcome to HookahPro.

Last edited by sabsz; May 1st, 2008 at 09:02 PM.
Old May 1st, 2008, 08:50 PM
Bassism
Hookah Nut

Welcome to the forum.
I've had a good experience with mnhookah.com so far. You can get some top quality shisha for the same price as I would pay locally, including shipping, if you buy two boxes or so. They also go out of your way to help you get your package duty free.
There are a couple other sites that try to make things easier for us Canadians as well.
Old May 1st, 2008, 11:01 PM
PhilipHand
Hookah Nut

welcome to the community, we all hope you feel right at home.
Old May 2nd, 2008, 03:21 AM
tiger-style
Hookah Newbie

Thanks everyone! I'm living in Vancouver, just moved out of Ontario last year. I have seen some shisha here, but like you said sabsz, I can only find nakhla and it is really expensive... I guess I will try my luck with ordering online and see how it goes...

thanks again everyone for the helpful comments, glad to be part of the community
Old May 2nd, 2008, 07:46 PM
kruset
Hookah Nut

Send a message via Yahoo to kruset

If you want it i have an extra box of havana pineapple and layalina kiwi strawberry, if you want i'll ship them to you. I just started smoking some starbuzz and everything else just doesn't compare. But if you want it let me know and i will send them up to you. Always glad to help a fellow hookah nut.
Old September 6th, 2008, 11:31 PM
crapbag
Hookah Newbie

It's so hard to find hookah in vancouver and if you do its REALLY expensive. Where can I buy cheap hookah stuff online? And don't you get taxed and stuff? I don't know how it works, can someone explain?
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook