Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Oh no...

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old June 21st, 2007, 02:35 PM
Rudie Cant Fail
Hookah Pro

Default Oh no...

http://www.nargileclub.com/

Read this. I was just sittin down to order a bowl and some Smiley's...
Major bummer. I hope this isn't permanent.
I definetly missed the whole drama/dispute/conflict deal I guess, but I can sorta follow it. Sad that Nargile club is down though. Damn.
Old June 21st, 2007, 03:06 PM
Hajo Flettner
Hookah Legend

Default Re: Oh no...

That is a real pity. I was planning on ordering some stuff from him but I suppose that will never happen again. I never really understood what the problem was on this end but I always had a good impression of the guy. Well, hopefully, Smiley will be able to get along fine without us.
Old June 21st, 2007, 03:18 PM
BxxxD
Hookah Newbie

I thought that all the bickering and whatnot had ended, well damn this sucks
Old June 21st, 2007, 04:22 PM
rancidmilk912
Hookah Newbie

You can still orders smileys shisha from mnhookah, and the bowls from everywhere so don't worry guys....
Old June 21st, 2007, 04:56 PM
Sambooka
Sambooka Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hajo Flettner
That is a real pity. I was planning on ordering some stuff from him but I suppose that will never happen again. I never really understood what the problem was on this end but I always had a good impression of the guy. Well, hopefully, Smiley will be able to get along fine without us.
I actually just placed an order from the Nargile Club a few weeks ago ... and I was planning on ordering again for some more coconut coals REAL soon, I really loved those coals!

... I am dumbfounded right now, cuz I don't know what anybody here at Hookah Pro might have said or did to be "called out" like that on the Nargile Club site!?
I even asked him if he had a banner, that I would code it into the new site layout. I also told him if he didn't have a banner, I would make one for him! ... SO I don't understand the accusation of "we got no support from the community's administration". I would say that is pretty supportive!

I just don't even know what to say, Smiley has always been WELL RESPECTED by me! I've been hoping he would come back and post more frequently here ... but he disappeared!
... At first when I read this thread, I thought something terrible happened to Smiley, and I was actually struck with fear that something bad had happened to him! Like I said, I think very highly of Smiley ... always have!

http://www.hookahpro.com - Hookah Pro Community - Hookah Forum
~Favorite Hookah~ Khalil Mamoon Amer .. (she leans, so I call her Eileen)
~Favorite Setup~ Egyptian Hookah, Vortex Bowl, Natural Coals (Exotica or Coconara)
~Current Flavor Favorites~ Ayam Zaman 1001 Nights, Hookah Freak Spiced Apple Cider, Starbuzz White Peach
Nakhla Double Apple, Nakhla Earl Grey, Nakhla Sweet Melon, Nakhla Cinnamon, Nakhla Cardamom, Nakhla Fakhfakhina Mixed Fruit, Nakhla El Basha Grape
Al Fakher Mint, Al Fakher Orange, Al Fakher Cinnamon
HookahPro.com .. powered by Elites!
Old June 21st, 2007, 05:12 PM
Hajo Flettner
Hookah Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sambooka
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hajo Flettner
I actually just placed an order from the Nargile Club a few weeks ago ... and I was planning on ordering again for some more coconut coals REAL soon, I really loved those coals!

... I am dumbfounded right now, cuz I don't know what anybody here at Hookah Pro might have said or did to be "called out" like that on the Nargile Club site!?
I even asked him if he had a banner, that I would code it into the new site layout. I also told him if he didn't have a banner, I would make one for him! ... SO I don't understand the accusation of "we got no support from the community's administration". I would say that is pretty supportive!

I just don't even know what to say, Smiley has always been WELL RESPECTED by me! I've been hoping he would come back and post more frequently here ... but he disappeared!
... At first when I read this thread, I thought something terrible happened to Smiley, and I was actually struck with fear that something bad had happened to him! Like I said, I think very highly of Smiley ... always have!
The more I think about this the stranger it seems. I can't recall anyone here having anything bad to say about Smiley and in fact, I know lots of people have been pretty supportive. I don't however think much of having this forum collectively slammed in public. This just doesn't sit well with me at all. If he wants to drop the site that is his business but attacking this forum without any stated reason publicly is simply wrong. I always felt good about sending a little business his way and I hate to say it but this gives me pause in doing so.
Old June 21st, 2007, 05:23 PM
rancidmilk912
Hookah Newbie

Hookah Forums thread on the matter mentions something about him being doublecrossed over here?
Old June 21st, 2007, 05:33 PM
Sambooka
Sambooka Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rancidmilk912
Hookah Forums thread on the matter mentions something about him being doublecrossed over here?
Yeah, I saw that! I posted a response, cuz I don't think people know the real reason why Smiley stepped down from being a MOD here. He was not double-crossed ... here is my response ...

--- Response ---

"I am totally confused about the "being double crossed by HP"?

For those that don't know ...
... He was a MOD at one point (over at HP), and it was brought to his attention (privately through a PM) that there may probably be people that are not going to agree with or like his products or business delivery/packaging. I asked if he was going to be ok with that and be able to handle being a MOD with that kinda pressure/negativity/opinions from Members.
His response was to respectively declined being a MOD, in a public thread, and was actually applauded by the HP community for his honorable decision to leave the moderation to the remaining mods, since none of the remaining mods were vendors/retailers.

In any case, I am disappointed, cuz Nargile Club had some great prices! And I LOVED those coconut coals!

Maybe business is going so well for the Smiley Brothers at the hookah bar, that they don't need the hassle of running the Nargile Club!? Hopefully that is the case! Best of luck to ya Smiley and Smiley's Brother...Cheers!"

http://www.hookahpro.com - Hookah Pro Community - Hookah Forum
~Favorite Hookah~ Khalil Mamoon Amer .. (she leans, so I call her Eileen)
~Favorite Setup~ Egyptian Hookah, Vortex Bowl, Natural Coals (Exotica or Coconara)
~Current Flavor Favorites~ Ayam Zaman 1001 Nights, Hookah Freak Spiced Apple Cider, Starbuzz White Peach
Nakhla Double Apple, Nakhla Earl Grey, Nakhla Sweet Melon, Nakhla Cinnamon, Nakhla Cardamom, Nakhla Fakhfakhina Mixed Fruit, Nakhla El Basha Grape
Al Fakher Mint, Al Fakher Orange, Al Fakher Cinnamon
HookahPro.com .. powered by Elites!
Old June 21st, 2007, 07:26 PM
KoRnKitten
Moderator Kitteh

Send a message via AIM to KoRnKitten Send a message via Yahoo to KoRnKitten

awww smiley Dude what happened!?!?!?!? I haven't seen him around in a while and now this I feel terrible I hope this isn't permanent. But if it is, I guess i understand.

I'm smokin smileys right now oh well. I hope he still makes it and sells to mn at least.

GLaDOS: "You euthanised your faithful companion cube more quickly than any test subject on record. Congratulations!"
Old June 22nd, 2007, 08:09 AM
sammniamii
Hookah Guru

Dang, this sucks. I've ordered from Smiley and thought it was a good place... not sure what may have tempted this move, but it sucks and puts a bad feeling in me... same feeling as Hajo, but I still don't know.

Bummer.... major bummer. Hope he's well and all, pity things went they way they have.
Old June 22nd, 2007, 10:07 AM
angemonkwj
Hookah Pro

wow that makes me sad. i hope everything is alright with him. i havent seen him on in a while.
Old June 22nd, 2007, 11:56 AM
Seth_DeNightshade
Hookah Nut

I hope he is ok too.

I have been corrected and i believe it is his brother Randy who actually ran nargileclub.

I suspect that this has little todo with the forum's and probably more todo with actual buisness considerations.

JD
Old June 22nd, 2007, 08:20 PM
cymptom
Hookah Newbie

I have always have much respect for Smiley as well, but there seems to be something childish about way he has handled these recent conflicts. It's disappointing to see. He doesn't want anything to do with this forum unless he can be a moderator? That creates suspicions of his intentions where there weren't even any before -- I don't think anybody actually thought he intended to use his position as moderator to steer the community towards his business. It was just important for the the community to be rid of that question entirely, and there's not much else to it.
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook