Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

From today on, im boycotting Hookah Company

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old May 6th, 2008, 02:07 AM
Raid3n
Hookah Enthusiast

Send a message via MSN to Raid3n
Default From today on, im boycotting Hookah Company

What has happened to me in the past month is complete bull, mostly due to this vendor.

About a month i ordered a KM Mash'al. It came in a good amount of time and everything was nicely packaged, okay good start.
The first session lasted 5 hours and i used the ice chamber for the whole time, and it worked like a charm. only problem is there was a crack in the welding holding it on, so water got into the core of the stem!

Emailed them, they said they couldnt replace it because it had been used, even though the faulty part was only touched by ice and water. they instead offered to TRY and fix it, if i paid shipping to send it. nope didnt bother to do it for free. i said screw it, i can weld myself thanks.

And today, while getting ready for a session the base basically shattered!!
I had enough water in the bottom so that when ice hit the bottom if it did it would be so minor it wouldn't be a problem. Room temperature water and base, 3 ice cubes into the base the bottom basically shatters. I emailed them demanding a replacement, though the likelihood is slim to none, considering they dont have mash'als on the site anymore.

The point of this at this moment in time is a way to vent, and to ward people off from this company. They carry the biggest variety of shisha and some of the nicest hookahs on the market (behind billy of course) but their customer service is CRAP! Whatever you do DO NOT go to this vendor! if something goes wrong they will screw you over! go to someone that will actually treat you right, like billy or tarik and ramsey!

this is the end of my rant....for now. ill update when more comes up...
Old May 6th, 2008, 02:20 AM
mrMojoRisin
Hookah Nut

Default Re: From today on, im boycotting Hookah Company

Wow, that really sucks! That's BS that they wouldn't replace your stem! And they better replace your base! You payed a lot of money for a quality rig and it seems like that's not what you got. You got a faulty one and it seems to me that it should be their duty to ensure that you get what you really paid for!

| 40" Temsah Caramana | [HOWTO] DIY Hookah Hose Hanger | Coffee Can Wind Cover |
Old May 6th, 2008, 02:25 AM
Scoop
Hookah Guru

they probably didn't replace your stem (not that they would have wanted to) because they were out of them. those vases cost like 70 bucks a piece, thats pretty crazy that it broke...id cry if the one i got broke from some ice water.
Old May 6th, 2008, 02:26 AM
Raid3n
Hookah Enthusiast

exactly! that is the main reason i posted this. I paid 130 bucks expecting a high quality product that will last me, not something that will crap out a month later. I plan on fighting this until i get my way or they start to ignore me, even then ill keep at it.

If there was another place that was reliable and sold mashals i would just ask to buy a base instead, but that isnt the case
Old May 6th, 2008, 02:56 AM
ZenSilk
Hookah Master

Yeha man... how the fuck are you suppose to know there's a hole in the STEM ITSELF until you use it? That's unbearable man, completely pathetic.

And have you noticed they aren't on any of the forums? It's cause they don't care, they don't give a shit about their customers. They have tons of orders everyday, why would they need to care?

That's why ordering from a hands-on vendor is so great, even Hookah-Shisha Central, one of the largest and best vendors, tries to keep every single one of their customers happy.

When you pay 130 bucks for a hand-made hookah, the company should at least CARE if it works properly. This just shows how little they do care.
Old May 6th, 2008, 03:23 AM
hookahpimp
Hookah Nut

wow thats all i have to say! man if i bought a hookah for 130 and the stem cracked i would take it back to the vendor and bash his head in! lol thats just me... since the KM Market is so dry as of late vendors are selling what ever is left. im sorry you got a bad one. i hope this didn't put against KM Pipes..
Old May 6th, 2008, 03:23 AM
HiToKiRi
Hookah Nut

Sorry to hear about your bad experience mate. This is not the first time I've heard bad things about Hookah Company and I really hope they somehow come through for you but that seems highly unlikely.
Old May 6th, 2008, 06:44 AM
Dunkel
Bad Motherf^&*er!

You know it's a friggin' crime that a $130 hookah a month or less after being purchased is totally useless. The hole in the stem deal is BS in the first place, they should have made that right. Now the base that they touted as being high quality Czech Republic glass breaks! What a crock. I have said for awhile the HC hookahs are over priced. I have never bought a thing from them and seeing information like this I doubt I ever will.

The fact that I have a $40 hookah I bought off Ebay 11 months ago that still smokes great and you got a $130 hookah you can't smoke at all you bought a month ago just isn't right!
Old May 6th, 2008, 06:58 AM
dmcwebd
Vendor

Send a message via MSN to dmcwebd

did u pay by credit card?
u know that u can get your money if its less than 6 months, u should do that, call your bank,
Old May 6th, 2008, 07:46 AM
MrBungle
AFNSBFLAVOUR

you could definitely file a claim with your CC. I had a package stolen right off my front step in broad daylight and amex took care of it after some investigation. what the problem might be is usually with a faulty product claim they would have to contact the manufacturer. can't hurt to try

Old May 6th, 2008, 07:51 AM
Sambooka
Sambooka Jr.

I haven't checked yet, but I would HOPE you put this in the Hookah Vendor Reviews!??!? Because that area is specifically for vendor reviews, to keep the members of this community "in the know" about the pros and cons of vendors, and what they may do to resolve a problem sale, etc.

I am not going to move this, but I would ask that if you didn't post an "official" review, that you please do.

Thanks!

http://www.hookahpro.com - Hookah Pro Community - Hookah Forum
~Favorite Hookah~ Khalil Mamoon Amer .. (she leans, so I call her Eileen)
~Favorite Setup~ Egyptian Hookah, Vortex Bowl, Natural Coals (Exotica or Coconara)
~Current Flavor Favorites~ Ayam Zaman 1001 Nights, Hookah Freak Spiced Apple Cider, Starbuzz White Peach
Nakhla Double Apple, Nakhla Earl Grey, Nakhla Sweet Melon, Nakhla Cinnamon, Nakhla Cardamom, Nakhla Fakhfakhina Mixed Fruit, Nakhla El Basha Grape
Al Fakher Mint, Al Fakher Orange, Al Fakher Cinnamon
HookahPro.com .. powered by Elites!
Old May 6th, 2008, 09:01 AM
likespaceships
Hookah Nut

Wow i'm amazed that your vase broke. That thing is built like a tank. super thick.
Anyways hope it all works out.
Old May 6th, 2008, 09:18 AM
smokedsquid
Hookah Nut

Send a message via Yahoo to smokedsquid Send a message via Skype™ to smokedsquid

I wasn't very happy with my Hookah Company order either...
Old May 6th, 2008, 09:31 AM
Raid3n
Hookah Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sambooka View Post
I haven't checked yet, but I would HOPE you put this in the Hookah Vendor Reviews!??!? Because that area is specifically for vendor reviews, to keep the members of this community "in the know" about the pros and cons of vendors, and what they may do to resolve a problem sale, etc.

I am not going to move this, but I would ask that if you didn't post an "official" review, that you please do.

Thanks!
no problemo sam, i was waiting to do a review until the stem situation was fixed, and it slipped my mind.

Mr. B and dmc unfortunately I didnt use a cc (mines almost maxed, only a limit of 250) it was a debit and the likelihood that they would ever refund money is laughable...
Old May 6th, 2008, 09:40 AM
dmcwebd
Vendor

Send a message via MSN to dmcwebd

even tho the company wont refund, if the bank see that its not right they will do it, but i'm quite sure debit card counts, only cheque and cash doesn't have this option.
Old May 6th, 2008, 09:47 AM
Raid3n
Hookah Enthusiast

ill look into it when HC refuses to do anything about it. Technically that can be considered fraud...i think. i dont remember though its been about a year since i took government and law classes lol. thanks i appreciate it
Old May 6th, 2008, 09:58 AM
Huskysibe
Hookah Master

Good Customer Service is paramount! We have a couple of vendors whom frequent this board and stay active here and provide excellent customer service. I cant help but think it would be taken care of had you shopped with them. I hope you get the situation resolved.

Billy
Old May 6th, 2008, 10:15 AM
sexyghost
Hookah Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to sexyghost Send a message via MSN to sexyghost

I'm with you on this one buddy... I'm dealing with the same website. Yours is more critical though lol
Old May 6th, 2008, 10:32 AM
daedra
Hookah Enthusiast

Send a message via MSN to daedra

ive had good experiences with HC but i definitely wouldnt order a hookah from em. for ordering a hookah id stick with nazar hookah, pimp your hookah, or ******* hookah because i know these guys are good people who care.
Old May 6th, 2008, 10:35 AM
Sport City
Hookah Nut

Send a message via ICQ to Sport City

Wow, that sucks man. Ive ordered from hookahco. several times and have only had good things to say, although Ive only ordered shisha and coals, never a hookah. I better knock on wood. Sounds like you got a lemon man, sorry to hear that.

Last edited by Sport City; May 6th, 2008 at 10:39 AM. Reason: clarify
Old May 6th, 2008, 10:37 AM
daedra
Hookah Enthusiast

Send a message via MSN to daedra

just stick with ordering shisha from hookah company.
Old May 6th, 2008, 01:17 PM
Scoop
Hookah Guru

when you sent the hookah to them you didn't send the bohemian vase too right? it just broke from regular use?

im curious to see how this plays out. not that ive ordered hookahs from them so far but this definitely makes it very doubtful that i ever will
Old May 6th, 2008, 04:00 PM
mrMojoRisin
Hookah Nut

I'll definitely stick to one of the active vendors on this site when I buy my new hookah!

| 40" Temsah Caramana | [HOWTO] DIY Hookah Hose Hanger | Coffee Can Wind Cover |
Old May 6th, 2008, 04:08 PM
ThatTrevorGuy
Hookah Nut

Send a message via AIM to ThatTrevorGuy

Wow dude that is horrible. The last 2 days all I have been reading is how HC sucks so much. I will never do business with them after all this.
Old May 6th, 2008, 04:10 PM
Raid3n
Hookah Enthusiast

heres an update for you guys. and im gonna say im not exactly fond of the result...

they said they have the same base available, but i have to buy it....for 50 bucks....
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook