Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Thanks to the great members of this board!

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old May 6th, 2008, 11:48 AM
skydivemd
Hookah Newbie

Default Thanks to the great members of this board!

Hey all,

Just wanted to say that I have been very appreciative of the warm welcome I have received by all the members of this form and have been enjoying reading all the back articles and reviews. So here is a collective "Thanks Guys and Gals!" to all of you.

Thankfully, there seems to be a lot less "unmentionables" or "banned spawn-of-satan vendors" around here that seem to get way too much attention over at a similar hookah forum. Not that they don't exist around here, but from my point of view I'd hate to post an honest question involving one of 'em and get blasted for an innocent faux pas.

Eh, either way... I wanted to let everyone know that I have been enjoying my pretty new MZ Horas B "pseudo-hybrid" (ordered the MZ medium pharaohs from HC but there was a slight miscommunication - wound up getting the clear frosted base but mistakingly the Horas B stem). Well it works great, just looks different than the picture on the web site so I called HC and told them of the boo-boo. Wanted to say in their defense that they apologized and were VERY nice to deal with. They refunded my credit card back $10 to make amends for the mistake (and the unavailability of any pharaohs stems to send in replacement).

OK, before this post get too long, I'll just start a new thread for a couple of other questions.

Thanks yous guys and gals.

Rick
Old May 6th, 2008, 12:19 PM
Kwikwi
Hookah Guru

Default Re: Thanks to the great members of this board!

Glad to have you here at HookahPro. This is an outstanding community. And agree, the vendors here are pretty much the best in the business. Sambooka and the rest of the MODs have worked hard at keeping vendor/forum relations good.

Last edited by Kwikwi; May 6th, 2008 at 12:37 PM.
Old May 6th, 2008, 12:20 PM
Huskysibe
Hookah Master

LOL I dont think HC has EVER gotten an order right. They mess up every order out there and their communication sucks. At any rate I am glad you are happy with your purchase!
Old May 6th, 2008, 12:45 PM
skydivemd
Hookah Newbie

Yeah, I'm happy with the way things eventually turned out. It did take 3 calls to fix it (no joke). Plus, I need to call them back again - they stiffed me a gasket! I know it's not a big deal in the grand scheme of life, but it's my $1.99....

Getting to be a real pain in the butt.
Old May 6th, 2008, 12:50 PM
larrypzlast
Hookah Enthusiast

Send a message via MSN to larrypzlast

Hookahcompany is beginning to scare me nowa days lol, after reading all of these reviews I'm pretty sure I will steer clear. Where are they located anyway?
Old May 6th, 2008, 01:19 PM
Huskysibe
Hookah Master

You spend your hard earned money and you come to expect a level of service and product. I tried to warn you guys and even dropped some hints on vendors to trust. Lower cost doesnt always mean a better deal.
Old May 6th, 2008, 01:23 PM
Scoop
Hookah Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huskysibe View Post
You spend your hard earned money and you come to expect a level of service and product. I tried to warn you guys and even dropped some hints on vendors to trust. Lower cost doesnt always mean a better deal.
it does seem like HC is coming worse and worse. I fear that the warehouse is huge and they are swamped with orders. Only George really knows whats going on, so if you get another worker you're probably going to be missing something
Old May 6th, 2008, 01:46 PM
Sambooka
Sambooka Jr.

Just want to say really quickly, thanks for taking the time to post this Rick! Thanks for the kind words to the Members of this community and the Hookah Pro Staff. Glad we could all help out in some way or another!

Cheers!

http://www.hookahpro.com - Hookah Pro Community - Hookah Forum
~Favorite Hookah~ Khalil Mamoon Amer .. (she leans, so I call her Eileen)
~Favorite Setup~ Egyptian Hookah, Vortex Bowl, Natural Coals (Exotica or Coconara)
~Current Flavor Favorites~ Ayam Zaman 1001 Nights, Hookah Freak Spiced Apple Cider, Starbuzz White Peach
Nakhla Double Apple, Nakhla Earl Grey, Nakhla Sweet Melon, Nakhla Cinnamon, Nakhla Cardamom, Nakhla Fakhfakhina Mixed Fruit, Nakhla El Basha Grape
Al Fakher Mint, Al Fakher Orange, Al Fakher Cinnamon
HookahPro.com .. powered by Elites!
Old May 6th, 2008, 02:21 PM
Sport City
Hookah Nut

Send a message via ICQ to Sport City

After the last few bad things Ive seen about HC, I may not order from them anymore except for coals. They have my fav coals for a cheap price.
Old May 6th, 2008, 02:43 PM
ThatTrevorGuy
Hookah Nut

Send a message via AIM to ThatTrevorGuy

skydivemd, It's posts like these that let everyone know how awesome of a community this is. HP.com is the best.
Old May 6th, 2008, 02:58 PM
Sambooka
Sambooka Jr.

Yes I agree Trevinator! These types of post really pull everyone together in the community!

~Favorite Setup~ Egyptian Hookah, Vortex Bowl, Natural Coals (Exotica or Coconara)
~Current Flavor Favorites~ Ayam Zaman 1001 Nights, Hookah Freak Spiced Apple Cider, Starbuzz White Peach
Nakhla Double Apple, Nakhla Earl Grey, Nakhla Sweet Melon, Nakhla Cinnamon, Nakhla Cardamom, Nakhla Fakhfakhina Mixed Fruit, Nakhla El Basha Grape
Old May 6th, 2008, 03:11 PM
sexyghost
Hookah Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to sexyghost Send a message via MSN to sexyghost

That is great you got it all fixed up! HC does seem to be slipping for some reason. I agree with Trevinator about this community.. People here watch out for me and everyone else like family It really is amazing.
Old May 6th, 2008, 03:55 PM
mrMojoRisin
Hookah Nut

That's why this is the greatest hookah forum! We're all like family and we watch out for each other.

*sniff* it brings a tear to my eye.
</emotional part of post>

| 40" Temsah Caramana | [HOWTO] DIY Hookah Hose Hanger | Coffee Can Wind Cover |
Old May 6th, 2008, 07:15 PM
Sambooka
Sambooka Jr.

Yeah, it is a good feeling actually, and smiling to think of how tight of a community this is! Glad to be a part of this great group of people ...

Old May 6th, 2008, 08:00 PM
KoRnKitten
Moderator Kitteh

Send a message via AIM to KoRnKitten Send a message via Yahoo to KoRnKitten

Quote:
Originally Posted by skydivemd View Post
Hey all

Thankfully, there seems to be a lot less "unmentionables" or "banned spawn-of-satan vendors" around here that seem to get way too much attention over at a similar hookah forum. Not that they don't exist around here, but from my point of view I'd hate to post an honest question involving one of 'em and get blasted for an innocent faux pas.

Rick

I'd hope you wouldn't get blasted for your honest opinion of a company, any company. My opinion is you brought it up to them first to try and resolve it, and nothing was done to fix it, by all means post it up and let us know!

GLaDOS: "You euthanised your faithful companion cube more quickly than any test subject on record. Congratulations!"
Old May 7th, 2008, 12:56 AM
skydivemd
Hookah Newbie

Didn't want to forget and it really is worth mentioning: I must give some special recognition to Huskysibe who has gone above and beyond in his generosity and kindness; we met on another forum of common interests and he personally invited me to join hookahpro after I asked him a few questions about hookahs. A great, if unofficial, hookahpro ambassador.

Much appreciation to Sambooka, KoRnKitten, and all the mods who work hard at keeping this forum a great place to participate in.

Looking forward to contributing myself and will try to post some pics and reviews in the future.

Best,

Rick

Old May 7th, 2008, 01:04 AM
skydivemd
Hookah Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoRnKitten View Post
I'd hope you wouldn't get blasted for your honest opinion of a company, any company. My opinion is you brought it up to them first to try and resolve it, and nothing was done to fix it, by all means post it up and let us know!
The way things work at that other particular forum (quite literally) is that mention of certain banned vendors would get your post edited to remove any mention of their name. Continuation of the topic would earn the poster a 2 day vacation (ban) from the forum.
Old May 7th, 2008, 02:38 AM
Akira81386
Hookah Nut

I've never had a problem with HC
Old May 7th, 2008, 03:00 PM
skydivemd
Hookah Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akira81386 View Post
I've never had a problem with HC
I'll will admit that they are getting a bit prone to making mistakes (really fairly benign ones in my case, but still frustrating), it must be said however that every time I call the company they are professional and offer suggestions or refunds to compensate for their error and my time.

Not sure how big Hookah Company actually is (fairly large I would assume owing to their great and varied amount of product on hand). Trying to hire, train and retain good people for the inventory and packing/shipping department is a real PITA. The worst part of running ANY business is personnel issues.

I give them a little slack and still order from HC. They have done right by me so far. Hopefully they will get everything worked out in the near future and be back to running at 100%

Rick
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook