Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

thoughts on fusion

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old May 14th, 2008, 12:00 PM
smokedsquid
Hookah Nut

Send a message via Yahoo to smokedsquid Send a message via Skype™ to smokedsquid
Default Re: thoughts on fusion

I have some Fusion Guava and haven't tried it because I've heard nothing but bad things about it...
Old May 14th, 2008, 12:09 PM
Sambooka
Sambooka Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokedsquid View Post
I have some Fusion Guava and haven't tried it because I've heard nothing but bad things about it...
One persons junk, is another persons treasure!

http://www.hookahpro.com - Hookah Pro Community - Hookah Forum
~Favorite Hookah~ Khalil Mamoon Amer .. (she leans, so I call her Eileen)
~Favorite Setup~ Egyptian Hookah, Vortex Bowl, Natural Coals (Exotica or Coconara)
~Current Flavor Favorites~ Ayam Zaman 1001 Nights, Hookah Freak Spiced Apple Cider, Starbuzz White Peach
Nakhla Double Apple, Nakhla Earl Grey, Nakhla Sweet Melon, Nakhla Cinnamon, Nakhla Cardamom, Nakhla Fakhfakhina Mixed Fruit, Nakhla El Basha Grape
Al Fakher Mint, Al Fakher Orange, Al Fakher Cinnamon
HookahPro.com .. powered by Elites!
Old May 14th, 2008, 12:13 PM
smokedsquid
Hookah Nut

Send a message via Yahoo to smokedsquid Send a message via Skype™ to smokedsquid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sambooka View Post
One persons junk, is another persons treasure!
That's so true...That's why ordered a variety of different Chocolate and Coffee flavors to try...no matter what I've heard or read.
Old May 14th, 2008, 12:31 PM
Sambooka
Sambooka Jr.

I like double apple, triple apple, cardamom, anise, traditional tobaccos, coffee, tea, etc ... and other people may turn their nose up at all of those ... so ya never know!

I do like banana though, and Fusion makes a great banana! I am going to get some and do a review on it ..

http://www.hookahpro.com - Hookah Pro Community - Hookah Forum
~Favorite Hookah~ Khalil Mamoon Amer .. (she leans, so I call her Eileen)
~Favorite Setup~ Egyptian Hookah, Vortex Bowl, Natural Coals (Exotica or Coconara)
~Current Flavor Favorites~ Ayam Zaman 1001 Nights, Hookah Freak Spiced Apple Cider, Starbuzz White Peach
Nakhla Double Apple, Nakhla Earl Grey, Nakhla Sweet Melon, Nakhla Cinnamon, Nakhla Cardamom, Nakhla Fakhfakhina Mixed Fruit, Nakhla El Basha Grape
Al Fakher Mint, Al Fakher Orange, Al Fakher Cinnamon
HookahPro.com .. powered by Elites!
Old May 14th, 2008, 01:11 PM
MrBungle
AFNSBFLAVOUR

thats one thing I dislike about reviews. The fact that just because someone has a different pallet and might not like something, doesn't mean it's the end verdict. Set-up comes into play as well. Maybe you think you're doing everything right but you're not? who knows....only way to find out is to try. if it costs a few bucks, oh well! you might find something you really enjoy

Old May 14th, 2008, 01:25 PM
kalutika
Mad Alchemist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sambooka View Post
Cool man! Can you post some Vids or Pics of it!? Thanks for reviewing, that is really helpful for everyone!
Sure I will do what I can. It won't be for a bit though. He had his wallet stolen and is working out all the stuff with credit companies and the DMV before he can send it out.
Old May 14th, 2008, 01:29 PM
kalutika
Mad Alchemist

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBungle View Post
thats one thing I dislike about reviews. The fact that just because someone has a different pallet and might not like something, doesn't mean it's the end verdict. Set-up comes into play as well. Maybe you think you're doing everything right but you're not? who knows....only way to find out is to try. if it costs a few bucks, oh well! you might find something you really enjoy
I completely agree, but it is when you have a forum of avid smokers saying the same bad things and one or two good reviews that people are put off.

I personally rely on reviews for new things to try. I read as many as I can find on multiple forums. I am very careful with my money and spending 20 bucks or more on something I don't like would be a problem. That is the very sad reason that I have never tried starbuzz and many other well liked shisha.
Old May 14th, 2008, 01:37 PM
Scoop
Hookah Guru

im curious to know what you think of the guava. should be interesting.

i agree with Mr Bungle, I take all reviews with a grain of salt because its really impossible to have someone else critique a flavor who has a totally different palate. However, it is still interesting to read the objective aspects of the review.
Old May 14th, 2008, 02:35 PM
sabsz
Hookah Pro

I have never tried Fusion before, but since you mentioned Potion...My thoughts are that it is WAY too juicy and has almost a "syrup" texture to it, and the stems that I did find in it were quite large. It is also difficult to smoke it properly from a standard Egyptian clay bowl, because of the drippiness and how it clogs up the holes and gets into the stem. Perhaps it smokes better with a phunnel bowl and tons of heat. Definitely not my favourite brand of shisha, if I could get thick clouds out of it, it would be a lot better..so maybe when I get a phunnel bowl. However it did smell damn good (peachy peach).

If it had like 45% less "juice" I wonder if it would be better.

Last edited by sabsz; May 14th, 2008 at 02:40 PM.
Old May 14th, 2008, 02:49 PM
Scoop
Hookah Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabsz View Post
I have never tried Fusion before, but since you mentioned Potion...My thoughts are that it is WAY too juicy and has almost a "syrup" texture to it, and the stems that I did find in it were quite large. It is also difficult to smoke it properly from a standard Egyptian clay bowl, because of the drippiness and how it clogs up the holes and gets into the stem. Perhaps it smokes better with a phunnel bowl and tons of heat. Definitely not my favourite brand of shisha, if I could get thick clouds out of it, it would be a lot better..so maybe when I get a phunnel bowl. However it did smell damn good (peachy peach).

If it had like 45% less "juice" I wonder if it would be better.
i tend to agree. if it drips into your stem its gonna be a pain to clean. i smoked it with a phunnel, however the flavor "very cherry" was nauseating for me. i couldn't do more than 15mins and even the beginning i didn't really like it.

tried twice. didn't work out either time =/
Old May 14th, 2008, 05:55 PM
DrewbieSho
Hookah Newbie

Send a message via AIM to DrewbieSho

I actually just bought some Fusion Blueberry from hookah-shisha.com and looking forward to trying it out. I haven't ever tried fusion so im not really much help, but I've heard from a lot of people that it has good flavor and LOTS of smoke!
Old May 14th, 2008, 06:40 PM
smokedsquid
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoop View Post
im curious to know what you think of the guava. should be interesting.
I'm going to smoke it later tonight...I'll let you know. I'll also do a review.
Old May 14th, 2008, 07:39 PM
Scoop
Hookah Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokedsquid View Post
I'm going to smoke it later tonight...I'll let you know. I'll also do a review.
great reviews are always awesome
Old May 14th, 2008, 11:03 PM
smokedsquid
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoop View Post
great reviews are always awesome
I put my guava review up...did like it very much...If anyone wants it to try send me a PM.
Old May 25th, 2008, 02:14 AM
TJ347
Hookah Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBungle View Post
This is a great point made here. Another thing I dislike is when people write off an entire brand as horrible despite stating they only tried one or two flavors. How in the hell does that makes sense? Nobody, be it Starbuzz, Tangiers or whomever has an entire line that hits its mark.
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook