Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Denver CO lounge ratings

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old May 10th, 2008, 01:41 AM
czerwonymike
Hookah Newbie

Default Denver CO lounge ratings

hey guys I just wanna talk about some hookah lounges in Denver/Littleton Colorado. I have been to all of these places and have had a few sessions there. I'll be rating them based on: 1-Price 2-Service 3-Environment 4-Shisha/Hookah quality.

Pita Jungle Hookah bar and restaurant.

located: 2017 S University Blvd
Denver, CO 80210

1-Price:
Price is pretty good $13 dollars per hookah no matter what you get on it
8/10

2-Service:

Service is very good, the waiters check frequently for any problems and for new coals. They help get rid of burning bowls, if its too hard to get a hit they will fix the bowl. they also let you walk up and get coals yourself if you need them.
10/10

3-Environment

Small place. fits maybe 35 people. Couches/booths are a little messy and a few of the tables wobble but the music is very appealing. in the early hours they play middle eastern music and later on they play more popular rap and stuff. They dim the lights nicely. It is a very warm environment in a sense of color scheme. the actual room temp is nice not too hot not too cold. sometimes they open the door so its hard to do any smoke tricks
7/10

4-Shisha/hookah quality

I have to say this is the absolute best shisha i have ever smoked. The brands include Nakhla, Al Fakher, and Laylana. Has a very distinct taste like no other bars. Smoke is VERY THICK amazing for blowing smoke rings. Very nice authentic hookahs with egyptian hoses.
11/10

Overall: 9/10
highly recommended place

Exhale Hookah lounge.

located: Kipling and Alameda

1-Price:
Cheapest prices i have seen only $10
10/10

2-Service:

Service is well, nothing extra but they do meet the standards. No self service if you cannot find anybody but they are good with the coals.
7/10

3-Environment

Very large hookah lounge with 2 separate smoking rooms. They have themed nights every saturday to make it exciting and it helps.
Very clean place with comfortable seating. Fits around 60 people. Great music.
9/10

4-Shisha/hookah quality

All they serve is starbuzz and they have over 30 flavors Never had any problems with harshness or hard to suck.
10/10

Overall: 9/10
highly recommended

Underground Hookah.

located: 67 West Floyd Ave
Englewood, CO 80110

1-Price:
Price is pretty good $13 dollars per hookah no matter what you get on it
8/10

2-Service:

Service cannot keep up with the people. too slow coming around for coals. i had to go up and ask for some and then waited 10 mins for them to come give me some.
5/10

3-Environment

Larger place, in a basement so it feels colder than most places. Kinda 80's looking lighting with green and red lights. kinda gets anoyying.
7/10

4-Shisha/hookah quality

I do not know what brand of shisha they have here but it is not very good. I tried around 6 flavors and could not tell any distinct differences between them except for the double apple which extremely tastes like licorice, and the banana split which was pretty decent. Its very hard to suck to get smoke no matter what hookah you have. Very small amounts of smoke, very thin. They have the crappy acrilic hookahs which do not look very appealing.
5/10

Overall: 6/10 Poopy place but gets the job done if you wanna smoke something and not caring what it is

Baghdad Hookah.

located: On broadway 2-3 blocks south of Underground

1-Price:
Price is a little iffy. $20 dollars for a bowl of starbuzz for one person and $25 for a group of 3, i'm guessing they have a larger party bowl for those.
They also offer some lower end shisha for cheaper
6.5/10

2-Service:

Service is good, frequent checks by the employees and everyone is nice.
8/10

3-Environment

A smaller place, Fits maybe 25-30 people. Plain looking place with some nice authentic hookah scenery. Music is a little too loud, not a good place to talk.
6.5/10

4-Shisha/hookah quality

The starbuzz they offer is very good. The coals they use are not the best and do not give lots of smoke. Sucking in smoke is harder than normal but bearable. Flavor is nice but too much work
7/10

Overall: 7/10

thanks for reading and I hope I helped
Old May 10th, 2008, 02:16 AM
Scoop
Hookah Guru

Default Re: Denver CO lounge ratings

next time in in denver ill definitely check out exhale or pita jungle
Old May 10th, 2008, 02:19 AM
czerwonymike
Hookah Newbie

they are both equally good, pita for authentic shisha and exhale for good starbuzz
Old May 10th, 2008, 02:29 AM
Scoop
Hookah Guru

i think my friend works at pita...not sure, do they carry tangiers?
Old May 10th, 2008, 03:10 AM
czerwonymike
Hookah Newbie

no they only carry nakhla al fakher and laylana
Old May 10th, 2008, 03:11 AM
Scoop
Hookah Guru

ok, thats not the place then lol
Old January 31st, 2010, 04:44 PM
dwkorth
Hookah Nut

no he must work at the hookah house up in boulder it the only lounge i know in the area the had tangiers my buddy works there best place to go in Colorado. also theres a new place in Littleton about a block from where i live. Its called 40 thieves i was so happy when i heard they where making it but they use instant lights and too small of a bowl so it gets harsh.
Old June 12th, 2010, 03:06 PM
soulassassin318
Hookah Nut

Hookah Palace - On S Colorado Blvd between Warren and Iliff is good. Small and very laid-back, you can tell this is the place that all of the local middle-eastern crowd goes. If you're there 2 (or maybe it's 3) times per week, they reserve a hookah just for you. Prices are reasonable, considering it's a hookah lounge. I loved there food. It's from the place next door and the hummus was super-smooth and tasty. Highly recommended if you live in the area.
Old June 13th, 2010, 09:44 PM
soulassassin318
Hookah Nut

Gypsy House - This place is just a couple blocks from the house and I was excited to try it (located at Marion and 13th). All the reviews online talked about the affordable hookahs and super-tasty teas. I had the house tea and it was definitely primo. My bro and I shared an Apple hookah and were sorely disappointed. Only about 10 minutes of decent smoking and the bowl was finished in less than 30 min. Sure, it was only $10, but I was expecting at least a little more enjoyment to catch up while he was in town.
Old June 14th, 2010, 02:29 AM
Devsterman
Hookah Nut

WOW!!! This is great! I didn't know many people were from Denver. I am moving to Denver in a few days (from Ft. Collins). It's great to be able to read up on some Denver specific places. Check this one out though. It is right on my way to my new appartment. Anyone been there? http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&tab=wl

Anyway, awesome stuff! This is getting bookmarked.
Old June 14th, 2010, 03:37 AM
MikeMo
Hookah Nut

If any of you guys are in Colorado springs, go to a place called abookah hookah, it's the best. Eaisly 9/10
Old June 14th, 2010, 03:59 PM
soulassassin318
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by devsterman View Post
WOW!!! This is great! I didn't know many people were from Denver. I am moving to Denver in a few days (from Ft. Collins). It's great to be able to read up on some Denver specific places. Check this one out though. It is right on my way to my new appartment. Anyone been there? http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&tab=wl

Anyway, awesome stuff! This is getting bookmarked.
This link just sends us to google maps. What's the name and/or address? We'd love to help you out. And congrats on the move!
Share with your friends on facebook