Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Cost to set up a shisha bar in the UK

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old August 15th, 2011, 02:03 PM
Afridi 786
Hookah Nut

Default Cost to set up a shisha bar in the UK

Im still at university, and on my way to becoming the new face of british television. MATCH OF THE DAY BABY!!!!! but thats still many many years away, back to the topic after completing university i want to set up my own shisha bar, and was wondering just how much money(minimum) would be needed to set up a shisha bar, any feedback is appreciated guys.
Old August 15th, 2011, 02:21 PM
blazingking
Hookah Nut

Default Re: Cost to set up a shisha bar in the UK

my cousin was looking into opening a shisha cafe he talked with his accountant and it came to around 200 000 but he wanted it to be a grill house aswell
Old August 15th, 2011, 02:23 PM
ajs425
Hookah Master

I made up some figures to about, 12-20000 USD...

I am the true hookah troll, fear me or love me, you cannot hide from the troll he will find you... and make you rage.
Setup, KM Green Pear 36", Small Tangier's Phunnel, KM Rainbow and Nammor Hoses
Old August 15th, 2011, 02:25 PM
cyber wolf
Hookah Guru

i honestly just wouldnt do it..
i have dreamed about it, but in reality, it isn't a smart investment.
you pay a rediculous amount of taxes, including land taxes, and royalties for the tobacco products.
you will have people constantly protesting, and the media bashing you constantly
you will have groups constantly trying to shut you down

plus they honestly don't make very much money.. what you see going into their cash register isn't the money that goes into the pockets of the owners

if you want to go for it, then good luck and i hope you make it mate.
Old August 15th, 2011, 03:17 PM
Afridi 786
Hookah Nut

200,000 behavee!!!!! i could start up a very very decent business with that lol!!! ajs how much is that in english pounds mate.....an6d cyb6er wolf i get you6re point br6o but if you have the right contacts you could go very far, not worried about money, if i lose it one day ill make it back another vice versa,,, for all the asian smokers on this forum it wont be just about shisha i could get asian singers also which would bring in decent revenue. e.g. ATTA ULLAH KHAN.IMRAN KHAN.many others etcetraaaaa
Old August 15th, 2011, 03:23 PM
ajs425
Hookah Master

About 12k GBP.

I am the true hookah troll, fear me or love me, you cannot hide from the troll he will find you... and make you rage.
Old August 15th, 2011, 03:30 PM
Afridi 786
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajs425 View Post
About 12k GBP.
12k thats much less than id planned for. is that including stock or without, im thinking with 25,000 to 30,000 i should be able to set up a very nice one. also i was fasting and saw you eating during youre desi murali review. man never wanted to drink monster as much in my life until i saw you drinking it lol
Old August 15th, 2011, 04:33 PM
ajs425
Hookah Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afridi 786 View Post
12k thats much less than id planned for. is that including stock or without, im thinking with 25,000 to 30,000 i should be able to set up a very nice one. also i was fasting and saw you eating during youre desi murali review. man never wanted to drink monster as much in my life until i saw you drinking it lol
Keep in mind that's a price based on rent estimates for my area, I lost all my spreadsheets and business models when my computer fried itself (fuck my life). So if rent is moderately priced around where you are then it will be about the same. The lounge that I am intending to create has about 10-12 stations so if you want more expect the price to increase accordingly. Also thanks I had a great time doing that one the DM was an amazing smoke.

Old August 15th, 2011, 04:41 PM
guesswhoy0
Hookah Pro

Send a message via AIM to guesswhoy0

Ask patelbadboy. He recently opened a shisha bar and sold it. He's also in the UK so he can give you a fair estimation.
Old August 15th, 2011, 04:50 PM
MrBungle
AFNSBFLAVOUR

too many factors come into play such as location, insurance, product, overhead, etc. 99% of these "IM GUNA OPEN A HOOKAH BAR" threads result in the members realizing it's way too much for them to handle.
Old August 15th, 2011, 04:53 PM
ajs425
Hookah Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBungle View Post
too many factors come into play such as location, insurance, product, overhead, etc. 99% of these "IM GUNA OPEN A HOOKAH BAR" threads result in the members realizing it's way too much for them to handle.
True that, for me its just the money, if I had it right now I would be on it.

Old August 15th, 2011, 04:56 PM
MrBungle
AFNSBFLAVOUR

Quote:
money is one thing...how to set up and run a successful business is another.
Old August 15th, 2011, 04:58 PM
Afridi 786
Hookah Nut

Quote:

So annoying when the computer messes up proper pain in the backisde, if i had the money now i would set one up, ive seen so many people give it large ahh its easy bla dee blaaa and seen the mess it up bigtime, theres a lot more to a sheesha bar than just sheeshas, drinks and flavours loll. ive still got two more years left of university at the moment, but i am very serious about it. hence asking in advance and being perfectly set up when i intend to start one up
Old August 15th, 2011, 05:02 PM
patelbadboy2006
Hookah Master

Send a message via MSN to patelbadboy2006 Send a message via Yahoo to patelbadboy2006

Break down for you

1) Are you going to buy a commercial property if so this will be 200,000+, if you get a mortgage on this you will require a 30% deposit minimum with the current market that equates to 60,000.

If you decide on getting a property on lease, the better properties and better locations will cost you a premium of minimum 40,000. Plus you will be required to give a 3mnt deposit and 3 month rent in advance, this can be anywhere from 1k to 10k depending on what type of place you have and the rent.

2) Legal cost for transferring any property in your name 3,000 or so including all fee's.

3)Tent will cost you around 1k for a decent one if you decide to go with this option if not putting a structure up will require council approval and cost of the structure could be 5k-10k.

4)Cost of Decor eg seating tv's etc, depending on the size of the place and types of seats you want will be 500-2000, tv's will be around 1000, sound system at 300, plus the other little extras like ps3 etc depending if you want that.

5)
-Hookah- you will need at least 30 to begin with, so @ 30 each thats 900.
-Hoses will need another addition 70 hoses, so 100 in total will cost from 400-800 depending on what you want, standard km's or the washable ones.
-Bowls standard egyptian come free with the hookahs, if you want tang phunnels 50 phunnels will be 500 minimum, 50 vortexs will be around 200.
-Flavours depending on brand the prices in the UK vary from 30-80 a kilo with AF at 30 and your tang, sb, ss at the higher end, looking at having at least 30kilos of flavor to begin with minimum cost of flavor will be around 900.
-Windcovers etc need at least 15 @ 10 thats 150.
-Coals minimum 100kg to begin with, anywhere from 2-4 a kilo depending on what you are using thats another 200 minimum.

It all adds up, thats just the start up cost, then you have other factors like wages, overheads, insurance, taxes etc
ajs425
Hookah Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBungle View Post
money is one thing...how to set up and run a successful business is another.
True I have a lot of good help behind me backing my idea and I am confident in this so when the money is with me I am going to go for it.

MrBungle
AFNSBFLAVOUR

Quote:
So annoying when the computer messes up proper pain in the backisde, if i had the money now i would set one up, ive seen so many people give it large ahh its easy bla dee blaaa and seen the mess it up bigtime, theres a lot more to a sheesha bar than just sheeshas, drinks and flavours loll. ive still got two more years left of university at the moment, but i am very serious about it. hence asking in advance and being perfectly set up when i intend to start one up
what you need to do while you're at uni is write up a proper business plan, talk to distributors, wholesalers, etc. do some research, talk to vendors, lounge owners, and whatnot. 99.9% of the members here have no clue what it's like to own and run a business, so why not go right to the source?
Old August 15th, 2011, 05:07 PM
patelbadboy2006
Hookah Master

Send a message via MSN to patelbadboy2006 Send a message via Yahoo to patelbadboy2006

Forgot drinks and food etc, but thats the shisha stuff you need to get started
Old August 15th, 2011, 05:09 PM
patelbadboy2006
Hookah Master

And be prepared to put in 15-18 hour days 7 days a week when you begin, you will have no free time to do anything else, and its very stressful.

I did it for 8 mnts and its the most drained i have every got, took a 2 month break doing nothing, and now back looking for a new place
Old August 15th, 2011, 05:27 PM
Afridi 786
Hookah Nut

Seriously guys to everyone who's given some input MASSIVE RESPECT TO YOU GUYS!!!!! APPRECIATE THIS A LOT. and i know people who cater for many different brands of shisha ( you can get anything in the world from luton lol) i think the biggest problem will be the lease, tax etcetra as the other things ill manage a way to sort them out. and DAMNNNN JAY those hours seem long. i was initially thikning of starting it up and then getting my brothers to open it and close it at certain times but seriously thankyou man, whatever you say i take as amazing advice man, youve helped me with shisha a lot big repsect to you man, and to everyone else for youre input guys
Old August 15th, 2011, 06:14 PM
blazingking
Hookah Nut

Quote:
200,000 behavee!!!!! i could start up a very very decent business with that lol!!! ajs how much is that in english pounds mate.....an6d cyb6er wolf i get you6re point br6o but if you have the right contacts you could go very far, not worried about money, if i lose it one day ill make it back another vice versa,,, for all the asian smokers on this forum it wont be just about shisha i could get asian singers also which would bring in decent revenue. e.g. ATTA ULLAH KHAN.IMRAN KHAN.many others etcetraaaaa

well it depends if you are buying your own business premises then yes it would cost that much if renting then the figures would depend on your location and for all your tobacco, pipes, furniture etc. it would depend on how many people your premises can hold i would say for 50 people you would need to spend 6000 on pipes and furniture and for tobacco you would spend about another 6000 for tobacco to last about 3 months worth this is just to get you started you also have to figure out staff wages and bills etc so you would need spare money for that so im guessin 20000 should do it to start up if on rent.
Old August 15th, 2011, 06:20 PM
Afridi 786
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazingking View Post
well it depends if you are buying your own business premises then yes it would cost that much if renting then the figures would depend on your location and for all your tobacco, pipes, furniture etc. it would depend on how many people your premises can hold i would say for 50 people you would need to spend 6000 on pipes and furniture and for tobacco you would spend about another 6000 for tobacco to last about 3 months worth this is just to get you started you also have to figure out staff wages and bills etc so you would need spare money for that so im guessin 20000 should do it to start up if on rent.
i thought it was 200.000 for rent i was like wwhoaaaa a lot more expensive than i thought, yeah mate wanna get everything covered now so when i start it i dont wanna be hassled if you get my drift, appreciatge youre input big man, respect!!!
Old August 15th, 2011, 06:31 PM
Ikrissy21
Hookah Enthusiast

100 billion dollars.
Old August 15th, 2011, 06:33 PM
Afridi 786
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ikrissy21 View Post

100 billion dollars.

Groovy Babyyyyy
Old August 15th, 2011, 08:39 PM
UKx
Hookah Nut

think shahid bhai could give you a loan lool

ot: if you are opening it then good luck to you
Old August 16th, 2011, 09:15 AM
Afridi 786
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKx View Post
think shahid bhai could give you a loan lool

ot: if you are opening it then good luck to you
Haha bro shahid has money from the ads. But i think mohammed amir. Asif and salman butt have a lot more money than the others haha. And not yet bro still want to finish university first. Cant wait for second year man gunna be too sik!!!!
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook