Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

The parents found the hookah

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old June 28th, 2007, 12:40 AM
Interpol
Hookah Newbie

Default The parents found the hookah

So, I was gone for a little over a week. My parents were looking in my room for a rented DVD and they happend to check my back pack. In there was my hookah, all disassembled and with the shisha on the top. My dad just thought it was chewing tobacco and tried it. Mom found the hookah and was flipping out, thinking it was a **** or some other drug related item. My father eventually convinced her otherwise.

Today my dad talked to me about and asked why I had a hookah. I said it was actually a friend's and his parents made him throw it out but is having me hold it for him instead. Then I find out my dad is perfectly fine with it and actually wants to try it. I guess I'll have to get a second base or say something like I ended up buying it from my friend so I can keep my Mya.

About twenty minutes ago I decided to set it up on my desk since I no longer have to hide it from them. I had to search for the hose, bowl, charcoals, tongs, and shisha. It seems my mom threw them away in my trash can.

I was thinking for a long time that my parents would flip shit if they found out I had one. But now I find out that they're just fine with it and are glad that I'm not smoking something like cigarettes.
Old June 28th, 2007, 12:48 AM
KoRnKitten
Moderator Kitteh

Send a message via AIM to KoRnKitten Send a message via Yahoo to KoRnKitten
Default Re: The parents found the hookah

THAT IS SOOOO COOL. I'm glad that they are cool with it! I'm sorry she threw away your stuff. lol DUMPTSER DIVING... sorry. lol

As for thinking it was chew--EW i would have puked

but congratulations!

GLaDOS: "You euthanised your faithful companion cube more quickly than any test subject on record. Congratulations!"
Old June 28th, 2007, 01:08 AM
Zerodynamic
Hookah Newbie

Send a message via AIM to Zerodynamic

i wish my parents were cool like that. my mom is a doctor, so all i get is the anti-smoking BS.
Old June 28th, 2007, 01:25 AM
Interpol
Hookah Newbie

The trash was all paper and so everything is clean. Luckily for me I hadn't thrown away anything like a banana peel recently. I actually thought it was kinda funny the she threw away the hose too.
Old June 28th, 2007, 07:30 AM
NazarHookah
Vendor

Send a message via AIM to NazarHookah Send a message via MSN to NazarHookah Send a message via Yahoo to NazarHookah

Heh...This is an awesome story.

Congrats man.

I like how everything was in the trash that was to be taken out by the user of the hookah. It seems like it was a warning heh.

-Mahir
Old June 28th, 2007, 10:53 AM
Sambooka
Sambooka Jr.

Sounds like your parents are pretty open, at least your dad sounds that way, why not educate him on it, tell him it is tobacco and see if he would like to try it with you!? You NEVER know, he might want to enjoy the hookah in the future with you now and then!

Let us know how that goes, if you decide to talk to him about it...

Cheers!

http://www.hookahpro.com - Hookah Pro Community - Hookah Forum
~Favorite Hookah~ Khalil Mamoon Amer .. (she leans, so I call her Eileen)
~Favorite Setup~ Egyptian Hookah, Vortex Bowl, Natural Coals (Exotica or Coconara)
~Current Flavor Favorites~ Ayam Zaman 1001 Nights, Hookah Freak Spiced Apple Cider, Starbuzz White Peach
Nakhla Double Apple, Nakhla Earl Grey, Nakhla Sweet Melon, Nakhla Cinnamon, Nakhla Cardamom, Nakhla Fakhfakhina Mixed Fruit, Nakhla El Basha Grape
Al Fakher Mint, Al Fakher Orange, Al Fakher Cinnamon
HookahPro.com .. powered by Elites!
Old June 28th, 2007, 06:23 PM
Interpol
Hookah Newbie

I did offer him to try it, to which he replied, "Maybe at the beach house on the deck."

Yeah, he knew exactly what it was when he saw it. It was just my mom who thought otherwise.
Old June 28th, 2007, 09:13 PM
Sambooka
Sambooka Jr.

50% positive, is better than 100% negative

~Favorite Setup~ Egyptian Hookah, Vortex Bowl, Natural Coals (Exotica or Coconara)
~Current Flavor Favorites~ Ayam Zaman 1001 Nights, Hookah Freak Spiced Apple Cider, Starbuzz White Peach
Nakhla Double Apple, Nakhla Earl Grey, Nakhla Sweet Melon, Nakhla Cinnamon, Nakhla Cardamom, Nakhla Fakhfakhina Mixed Fruit, Nakhla El Basha Grape
Old June 29th, 2007, 01:05 AM
DarkD3vil
Hookah Nut

i smoke in thy room all thy time, my parents have tried thee several times and have enjoyed it on most others... they dont like thee smell but they say as long as a window be open it shall be fine.

Pe@ce and love
Old June 29th, 2007, 01:09 AM
Interpol
Hookah Newbie

I went to use it today with some friends. We were just going to do it on the side porch and my dad already saw us taking it down stairs and smiled. I turned the corner at the bottom of the stairs and my mom immediately said "NO". So, I took it back up and my dad asked what happened. A few minutes later he hollered downstairs to my mom asking my mom why she wouldn't let us. I laughed when my dad said, "Then, am I not allowed to have a cigar now and then?" and my mom replied "No, I don't care". We laughed again when she said, "And I want written permission from both Jon and Grant's parents" and we're all over 18.

It all eventually came down to we have to smoke elsewhere when my mom is around and here when shes non around.
Old June 29th, 2007, 06:47 AM
sammniamii
Hookah Guru

Damn, sorry dude - Mom's go on trips sometimes. Hopefully in the future she'll lighten up some. Atleast your Dad's on your side!
Old June 29th, 2007, 07:43 AM
Sambooka
Sambooka Jr.

hahaha, sorry to laugh, but damn I am glad I don't have to answer to anybody at my house when I want to smoke my hookah!
Haha, when I last went to visit my Mom and her husband, I couldn't wait to setup the hookah, just to see what she would do!!! But, I forgot the hose, and was only there a short visit, so I told her I would bring it all next time. She was ok with it, even said she might try it...

Old July 26th, 2007, 09:14 AM
Huskysibe
Hookah Master

Sorry to resurect an old thread but I am reading everything to get caught up. I wanna know what your Dad thought about the shisha as chewing tobacco, I bet that was nasty!

Billy
Old July 26th, 2007, 09:46 AM
Sambooka
Sambooka Jr.

hahaha, yeah, I guess I missed that one! What did he say about chewing on some shisha!

Old July 26th, 2007, 10:06 AM
DarkD3vil
Hookah Nut

hahahahaha i love this story
Old July 26th, 2007, 10:27 AM
sammniamii
Hookah Guru

dang, this reminds me my Mom asked why did we cancel our trip up to MD last month...

I lied and said both of us had to work - little did she know that the WHOLE trip was planned around buying a MYA from the store in Northern VA, which I changed my mind and bought the one from Mahir...

And I evil? :

And I really do hope your dad didn't try "chewing" it... makes my stomache turn just thinking about that
Old July 26th, 2007, 11:11 AM
Huskysibe
Hookah Master

Yeah I can only imagine stuffing my lip with juicy shisha....Ewwwwww

Billy
Old August 8th, 2007, 01:27 PM
shishaholiC
Hookah Pro

I bought my fisrt shisha when i was 11.... :P Now 16 and i smoke shisha everyday in my room with friends. Well, i bought my first hookah with friends on a shcool trip when i was 11 years old. i only paid 8 euros for it( 1/8 of the price as we all wanted to try) Then nobody wanted to take it home so i did. When i took it home i just set it up in my room and when my mother saw it she was surprised. When i told her the story she just turn away and left the room :S
Now she buys me shisha and brings charcoal home from the local store when she sees is over :P
My 16th birthday is getting closer ( 3rd of septemper) and i hope she'll buy me the 3 foot nagrileh i told her i like :P
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook