Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Types of things said about hookah online.

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old May 16th, 2008, 10:25 AM
Lakemonster
Hookah Enthusiast

Default Types of things said about hookah online.

....that piss you off.

I am thinking of things people have done or said online about hookah (usually confident newbs) that have been recurring.

Like this:

1. "OMGz, you should totally get a MYA QT instead of the two choices you posted that are totally different from a QT....cuz QT's are the best hookah evar!!!111 Im going to get one myself when I get the money."

2. A week ago: "I love Tangiers, its the best...I just ordered $100 worth of it."

Today: "How do you get Tangiers to smoke?"

3. "Where can I get a smaller bowl, cuz that would be alot of (beep) to smoke"

4. "Cant we just chill out and smoke hookah?"

You got any?
Old May 16th, 2008, 10:31 AM
Kwikwi
Hookah Guru

Default Re: Types of things said about hookah online.

Lol, Lakemonster. Come to think of it Barfartzero used to piss me off with his shisha reviews. But he was dealt with so I haven't really noticed anything else.
Old May 16th, 2008, 10:51 AM
shishaholiC
Hookah Pro

ONLY ONE PISSES ME OFF.

here it is : SMOKING BBQ COALS WILL KILL YOU

Stupidest thing ever said on the forums
Old May 16th, 2008, 10:56 AM
smokedsquid
Hookah Nut

Send a message via Yahoo to smokedsquid Send a message via Skype™ to smokedsquid

I probably piss off many people.
Old May 16th, 2008, 10:59 AM
shishaholiC
Hookah Pro

Smokedsquid, it wasnt my intention to insult anyone... but if that statement was true, i'd die at least twice a week for the past 3 years.

Cheers
Old May 16th, 2008, 11:01 AM
smokedsquid
Hookah Nut

Send a message via Yahoo to smokedsquid Send a message via Skype™ to smokedsquid

Don't worry, I didn't take it that way and if anyone does...I'm sure they'll get over it.
Old May 16th, 2008, 12:15 PM
Dunkel
Bad Motherf^&*er!

[quote=Lakemonster;49120
1. "OMGz, you should totally get a MYA QT instead of the two choices you posted that are totally different from a QT....cuz QT's are the best hookah evar!!!111 Im going to get one myself when I get the money."

2. A week ago: "I love Tangiers, its the best...I just ordered $100 worth of it."
[/quote]

LOL I agree with these for sure. Posts about Tangiers are like mosquitos, there are way too many, they are irritating and they suck.

Anyone who thinks a MYA QT is the best hookah ever deserve to only smoke Soex and Afzal with a not quite ready Rolland QL on top of the shisha and no foil or screen allowed.

Another great one is "HELP!" as the title and the post is "I'm new to hookahs, what shisha should I buy?" Not nearly the emergency they made it out to be. LOL
Old May 16th, 2008, 12:31 PM
larrypzlast
Hookah Enthusiast

Send a message via MSN to larrypzlast

I really don't get irritated that easily by posts. I only get irritated when something is adressing me directly and I get offended. I am surprised no posts have really got to me. I have a VERY short fuse .
Old May 16th, 2008, 12:44 PM
Scoop
Hookah Guru

The mya QT stuff is true, however I feel like that about every mya product recommended.

The only other thing i don't like is when people criticize tobacco because they can't get it smoking right.
Old May 16th, 2008, 12:48 PM
Raid3n
Hookah Enthusiast

Send a message via MSN to Raid3n

this coming from the tang head it happens a lot lol

i agree with dunk i dont like the urgency in something as simple as which flavor or type of hookah to get
Old May 16th, 2008, 12:56 PM
Hajo Flettner
Hookah Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunkel View Post
LOL I agree with these for sure. Posts about Tangiers are like mosquitos, there are way too many, they are irritating and they suck.

Anyone who thinks a MYA QT is the best hookah ever deserve to only smoke Soex and Afzal with a not quite ready Rolland QL on top of the shisha and no foil or screen allowed.

Another great one is "HELP!" as the title and the post is "I'm new to hookahs, what shisha should I buy?" Not nearly the emergency they made it out to be. LOL
I agree with you about QTs. They are very mediocre although worse products are on the market.

I agree that Soex is crap.

However, Afzal does make several products that are quite good (Silver Fox, Black Licorice, Golden Amber, Vanilla & Coffee) and Pam is one of the best shishas on the market from any company.
Old May 16th, 2008, 01:04 PM
Hajo Flettner
Hookah Legend

The stuff that pisses me off is reading about stupid kids smoking until they pass out and how cool that is. I'm also sick of hearing "my clouds are as big as Oprah's bum, i'm soooo cool" and the stuff about using illegal stuff is pretty annoying as well.

Still, I suppose that this hobby s like any other that becomes trendy in that the vast majority of people involved are stupid and/or into it for the wrong reasons. What is so great about this forum is that we've so many people here that are so interesting and up on narghile stuff. This place does a great job of educating the public about our passion which is what needs to be done.
Old May 16th, 2008, 01:05 PM
larrypzlast
Hookah Enthusiast

Send a message via MSN to larrypzlast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hajo Flettner View Post
The stuff that pisses me off is reading about stupid kids smoking until they pass out and how cool that is. I'm also sick of hearing "my clouds are as big as Oprah's bum, i'm soooo cool" and the stuff about using illegal stuff is pretty annoying as well.

Still, I suppose that this hobby s like any other that becomes trendy in that the vast majority of people involved are stupid and/or into it for the wrong reasons. What is so great about this forum is that we've so many people here that are so interesting and up on narghile stuff. This place does a great job of educating the public about our passion which is what needs to be done.

Yeh, I can agree with you. I have ALWAYS been about taste, clouds in my opinion come second. I would not burn the shisha one bit in order to get some bigger clouds.
Old May 16th, 2008, 01:07 PM
Raid3n
Hookah Enthusiast

i third that, its all about the flavor and LEGAL uses for a hookah. there is no way in hell i would use something else in it. ive had people joke about throwing nht into one of mine and i just go into hardass mode lol. with the good always comes the bad. theres no such thing as a free lunch afterall
Old May 16th, 2008, 01:40 PM
Lakemonster
Hookah Enthusiast

Ultimately..... I dont mind noobies at all, I never mind a valid question that isnt easily found by a kwik search of the forums. They actually keep the old schoolers up on newer stuff coming out...or slight product changes or policy or availability changes with vendors.

The part that gets me is that some have in the past recommended product they havent tried out or tried once or so.....based more on what people have been saying, not on personal experience.

Some other things that get said...and not because they are designed to to mislead...but due to missunderstanding....like: "I like MYA because they are stainless steel" get me riled up sometimes. Then I have to hold Church.

Oh wait...I got another.

"Whats a good hookah to get that I can hide from my parents? Im gonna swipe their credit card next week to get one."

Scoop, point taken there.
Old May 16th, 2008, 01:44 PM
MrBungle
AFNSBFLAVOUR

we need one of those smileys that have a sign with the "search" button on it....no offence to anyone but those "which KM to get" posts get annoying as well as the "KM or MZ" ones....

Old May 16th, 2008, 01:47 PM
smokedsquid
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoop View Post
The mya QT stuff is true, however I feel like that about every mya product recommended.

The only other thing i don't like is when people criticize tobacco because they can't get it smoking right.
Like me and the Tangiers? LOL
Old May 16th, 2008, 01:58 PM
Scoop
Hookah Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokedsquid View Post
Like me and the Tangiers? LOL
not to hijack this thread;
its your money, spend it how you want. i just think once you get tangiers smoking properly youre not going to smoke anything else.

patience is a virtue, and i guess the ultimate reward is smoking high quality tobacco :P

back on topic: the funny part about forums is how they are so cyclical. nearly 2 years ago people online were recommending myas for everyone. Then it became KMs, now its becoming MZ lol.

Same with the coals, it used to be diamante, jap coals, exoticas, now coco-nara.

the funny part about all this is that the product comes out. usually high quality at first, gets popular and then the quality drops highly and people move on to the next product.

I wonder if the new KMs will be as high quality or we're going to be seeing a million posts about them with problems.
Old May 16th, 2008, 02:05 PM
uglybiker
Quantum Bubblenautics,PhD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raid3n View Post
i third that, its all about the flavor and LEGAL uses for a hookah. there is no way in hell i would use something else in it.
I hear ya! It's hard enough getting some flavors out of your hose! I don't even want to know how hard it would be getting that taste out!

I'd be buying lemon juice and baking soda by the carton!

Old May 16th, 2008, 02:11 PM
Raid3n
Hookah Enthusiast

pretty much!!! speaking of which....i think i need to go get some lemon juice....lol better grab that
Old May 16th, 2008, 03:51 PM
Sambooka
Sambooka Jr.

Get the thread back on topic ...

-----

and with that said ... This is what bothers me ... When someone says they don't like Tangiers, and a select few people criticize them for not liking it. Or tell them they are doing it wrong, or they have to practice to get it right, or they need a "special bowl", and so on and so forth ...!
Just give it a rest, people like different things! Don't cram your beliefs down peoples throats!

http://www.hookahpro.com - Hookah Pro Community - Hookah Forum
~Favorite Hookah~ Khalil Mamoon Amer .. (she leans, so I call her Eileen)
~Favorite Setup~ Egyptian Hookah, Vortex Bowl, Natural Coals (Exotica or Coconara)
~Current Flavor Favorites~ Ayam Zaman 1001 Nights, Hookah Freak Spiced Apple Cider, Starbuzz White Peach
Nakhla Double Apple, Nakhla Earl Grey, Nakhla Sweet Melon, Nakhla Cinnamon, Nakhla Cardamom, Nakhla Fakhfakhina Mixed Fruit, Nakhla El Basha Grape
Al Fakher Mint, Al Fakher Orange, Al Fakher Cinnamon
HookahPro.com .. powered by Elites!
Old May 16th, 2008, 09:11 PM
Cj Two A
Hookah Nut

I don't know what you guys are talking about, Mya QT IS the best hookah ever! :P
Old May 17th, 2008, 12:56 AM
dakingkevin23
Hookah Guru

Send a message via AIM to dakingkevin23

things that piss me off...
"OMGZZZ MY HUKA NO SMOKE, MI USE GOOD SHISHA, IT CALLED SOEX, AND GOOD ROLLAND COALS, HELP HELP HELP PLZZZZZZ, THX
basically, anyone who pulls a barfart and can't type the right way
and
the guys who think starbuzz and fantasia the most superior brands.
good thing there's none on this forum, or are there?
Old May 17th, 2008, 02:27 AM
SaraaiKar
Hookah Enthusiast

"how to get thick smoke" gets pretty old. Although I think I might have actually asked that a long time ago.
Old May 17th, 2008, 05:35 AM
JamesBeach
Hookah Newbie

I get annoyed when people are utterly unwilling to recognize the unique virtues of a given product or method because they have "seen the light" or what have you. It's not uncommon to read a witless, knee-jerk, sensational diatribe denouncing the smaller hookahs for having consistently harsh and tasteless smoke while pimping five feet of unwieldy metal tubing as the one true way. I take issue because these rants aren't completely honest. I know from experience a small hookah can provide a very smooth smoke and they work for people who can't light up whenever and wherever they please.

On a public forum, you never know whose toes you are stepping on. Somebody might love the results they get from their QT and reading in recommendation threads the posts of people who claim they are unworkable heaps of junk probably doesn't make them too happy. It is just as annoying and dishonest as saying a QT is the best hookah. It's neither the best nor the worst, and like everything else, is a compromise.

Of course, this all stems from the human tendency to defend their choices savagely and with frothing of the mouth. Nobody wants to hear that they made the wrong decision, so clearly it must be the other person who is the fool. Different needs for different people.
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook