Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

How to pack tangiers

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old July 15th, 2008, 03:39 PM
shishasmoke1904
Hookah Nut

Default Re: How to pack tangiers

should you use a phunnel bowl only for tangiers and a different bowl for other shisha?
Old July 15th, 2008, 03:48 PM
EpsilonX
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilipHand View Post
So you only acclimate it once?
if your facing frequent changes in weather and humidity then you are supposed to acclimate it alot, like almost every smoke.
but from what I understand once is normally good enough, and if you feel it totally neccesary you should let it sit out for like thirty minutes before you smoke.
that is just my understanding, if other people know of other ways that work then please chime in
Quote:
Originally Posted by shishasmoke1904 View Post
should you use a phunnel bowl only for tangiers and a different bowl for other shisha?
A phunnel bowl is supposed to work great for most shisha's, mainly the wetter ones.
I would say never use any bowl besides a phunnel for tangiers.
Old July 15th, 2008, 04:24 PM
shishasmoke1904
Hookah Nut

So what exactly would happen if you just packed some tangiers in a regular clay or ceramic bowl?
Quote:
Originally Posted by EpsilonX View Post
if your facing frequent changes in weather and humidity then you are supposed to acclimate it alot, like almost every smoke.
but from what I understand once is normally good enough, and if you feel it totally neccesary you should let it sit out for like thirty minutes before you smoke.
that is just my understanding, if other people know of other ways that work then please chime in

A phunnel bowl is supposed to work great for most shisha's, mainly the wetter ones.
I would say never use any bowl besides a phunnel for tangiers.
Old July 15th, 2008, 05:20 PM
EpsilonX
Hookah Nut

Quote:
So what exactly would happen if you just packed some tangiers in a regular clay or ceramic bowl?
a huge mess, and a crappy smoke.
all the juices would run into the down stem, make the shisha less flavorfull, make the smoke harsher, and of course make the session really short.
please keep in mind that this is only with the f-line and the nour line (nour line is the origonall)
Old July 15th, 2008, 05:27 PM
Huskysibe
Hookah Master

Why not just buy some tobacco that you can pop the lid off, stir it up and pack and smoke?
Old July 15th, 2008, 05:29 PM
EpsilonX
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huskysibe View Post
Why not just buy some tobacco that you can pop the lid off, stir it up and pack and smoke?
becuase it wont be as awesome as tangiers!
lol
Old July 15th, 2008, 05:48 PM
dakingkevin23
Hookah Guru

Send a message via AIM to dakingkevin23

I know a lot of people that can get it to smoke well in a regular bowl, but phunnel is preferred.
Old July 15th, 2008, 06:02 PM
Huskysibe
Hookah Master

Quote:
becuase it wont be as awesome as tangiers!
lol
Thats very subjective. I smoke all brands and find good and bad flavors with every one of them. For instance, Tangiers watermelon is horrible! Cherry is Horrible! Blue Gumball is weak etc etc. I love K-Peach, Sweet Melon and Cool Strawberry though.
Old July 15th, 2008, 06:07 PM
shishasmoke1904
Hookah Nut

oh, so with the lucid line there's no funnel needed and no mess?
Quote:
a huge mess, and a crappy smoke.
all the juices would run into the down stem, make the shisha less flavorfull, make the smoke harsher, and of course make the session really short.
please keep in mind that this is only with the f-line and the nour line (nour line is the origonall)
Old July 16th, 2008, 12:44 AM
EpsilonX
Hookah Nut

Quote:
oh, so with the lucid line there's no funnel needed and no mess?
no mess? lol still a mess, but a funnel just isn't totally required like with their regular line
Old July 16th, 2008, 02:51 AM
dakingkevin23
Hookah Guru

Send a message via AIM to dakingkevin23

Tangiers never needed a phunnel to be smoked. The phunnel came after tobacco. Lucid for me, tastes better in a regular bowl. The juices may be too overpowering for me. i dunno.
Old July 16th, 2008, 10:42 AM
Huskysibe
Hookah Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilipHand View Post
So you only acclimate it once?
Yes just once
Old July 16th, 2008, 05:03 PM
thesauce310
Hookah Nut

Send a message via AIM to thesauce310

oh god i'll never get this damn thing to work properly. imma try tangiers lucid right now.
Old July 16th, 2008, 05:17 PM
EpsilonX
Hookah Nut

does anyone know how to only pack like half a tangiers bowl? cuz Im just doing a quick session, and I head you can like pack one half of the bowl but not the other, how exactly do you do this? with the foil atleast...
Old September 17th, 2008, 02:28 AM
thesauce310
Hookah Nut

Send a message via AIM to thesauce310

okay back to this so you slightly overstuff the tangiers small funnel bowl, poke hella holes at the top, and should the shisha be fluffy or should i be packing this mother down.
Old September 17th, 2008, 02:33 AM
Juno
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Juno

The density of the tobacco in the bowl should be the same as how you got it in the bag.

Tight.
Old December 22nd, 2008, 03:46 AM
pharm
Hookah Nut

i let mine sit out for about 2 hours...kept on stirring it to make everything wet....first session packed tight. good smoke not harsh until 20 mins later...second bowl packed tighter and more...less coals...not great smoke...but good taste...am i doing something wrong ?
Old December 22nd, 2008, 08:26 AM
MrBungle
AFNSBFLAVOUR

Quote:
Originally Posted by pharm View Post
i let mine sit out for about 2 hours...kept on stirring it to make everything wet....first session packed tight. good smoke not harsh until 20 mins later...second bowl packed tighter and more...less coals...not great smoke...but good taste...am i doing something wrong ?
sounds like you're doing it right...that's just the magic of tangiers.

Old December 22nd, 2008, 08:56 AM
Sambooka
Sambooka Jr.

Quote:
Sounds like you are doing it right .. and that is the reason I don't bother with this tobacco. But then again, I don't have a degree in rocket science? So that could be my problem.

http://www.hookahpro.com - Hookah Pro Community - Hookah Forum
~Favorite Hookah~ Khalil Mamoon Amer .. (she leans, so I call her Eileen)
~Favorite Setup~ Egyptian Hookah, Vortex Bowl, Natural Coals (Exotica or Coconara)
~Current Flavor Favorites~ Ayam Zaman 1001 Nights, Hookah Freak Spiced Apple Cider, Starbuzz White Peach
Nakhla Double Apple, Nakhla Earl Grey, Nakhla Sweet Melon, Nakhla Cinnamon, Nakhla Cardamom, Nakhla Fakhfakhina Mixed Fruit, Nakhla El Basha Grape
Al Fakher Mint, Al Fakher Orange, Al Fakher Cinnamon
HookahPro.com .. powered by Elites!
Old December 22nd, 2008, 01:19 PM
Scoop
Hookah Guru

Quote:
how much coal are you using, and what kind.
Old December 22nd, 2008, 02:16 PM
pharm
Hookah Nut

i use 2 - 3 ch nats....medium phunnel, km amoura and km ultimate hose
Old December 22nd, 2008, 02:19 PM
Scoop
Hookah Guru

3 ch nats is what i use on my medium phunnel. yesterday was the first time in a while i smoked non lucid, but packing it the same as i showed in the pics, with 3 ch nats i had great results
Old December 23rd, 2008, 10:02 AM
Barnaby
Hookah Newbie

After trying most different methods for packing tangiers, the one that seems to work the best for me is the 3 finger drop method. Get out the phunnel, stir up the shisha, take your thumb, index, middle finger, and get a big 3 finger grab of the shisha. Drop it into the bowl. Now, you need to groom it to get it in there right. Start by pushing down on the shisha, not to really pack it down tight, but to make sure that it's going to the bottom all the way around the phunnel. Make sure you take out the shisha in the middle to open the whole. Take off shisha from the top, until you have about a 1/4 to 1/2 inch above the rim.

Get out your foil, shiney side down, push it down with palm. it should make a slight indentation from the middle hole in the foil. Straighten out the foil tight, and secure it on the bowl. Take out a wooden kabab stick, and make holes going all the way down to the bottom of the bowl, starting on the outside. I say do a hole every 1/8 inch or so. Then do the same with a 2nd ring. Then do a 3rd ring, but I don't go all the way down, and I make these holes smaller. Say about halfway down the point of the kabob stick. This 3rd ring is very close to the middle hole but I never put one over it to make sure all air is going over the shisha. Some say they put on in there, and see no difference. You can try if you want, I just don't.

Then I throw on 2 cocos, and a windcover. Let sit for a few, without smoking it, then rotate and flip the coals and let er rip. Works like a champ. Nice big clouds, full flavor. If you get any harshness, it probably needs to acclimate more. I leave the windcover on the whole session, as this helps the coals burn much better, so I don't have to blow on them at all to get the red hot when I flip them. Plus it really helps the heat management. Makes 2 coco's perfect for Tangiers.

The only problem I have with Tangiers, is the bowls last FOREVER. I solo my hookah since my wife is pregnant, so I do kinda hate having to smoke the same flavor for a few times in a row to not waste shisha. This is on a small phunnel.

Anyone get Tangeirs to work with a mod? I haven't tried it. Don't see why it wouldn't work.

Last edited by Barnaby; December 23rd, 2008 at 10:06 AM.
Old December 26th, 2008, 03:17 AM
StZero
Hookah Newbie

Send a message via AIM to StZero

Ive got this method down but , after about 20 minutes the smoke gets hard to inhale, its not harsh but it just hits the back of my throat and mkes me cough, anyone had this problem yet.
Old December 26th, 2008, 02:54 PM
Scoop
Hookah Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by StZero View Post
Ive got this method down but , after about 20 minutes the smoke gets hard to inhale, its not harsh but it just hits the back of my throat and mkes me cough, anyone had this problem yet.
how much coal you using?
is the smoke still thin and tickles hard? (if so you underpacked)
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook