Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

New Mya hookahs

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old May 20th, 2008, 01:48 PM
Hoohoodillyo
Hookah Nut

Default New Mya hookahs

Does anyone know if the new Myas are screw on still, I look at many on the site and on others... some look like the older screw on that I have, but others don't have the metal top on the glass. Does it screw on the inside now? I want to get a new 30+" hookah and I love Mya for two simple reasons, the hose adapter valve I don't have to even plug it and the screw on feature is freaking awesome IMO. If there are any other brands like this please inform me.

This is one of the models I was wondering about, although I could be interested in others.
http://www.hookah-shisha.com/store/p...idproduct=1766

Thanks
Old May 20th, 2008, 01:49 PM
billyy
Hookah Nut

Default Re: New Mya hookahs

Definatly screw on.
Old May 20th, 2008, 01:52 PM
Scoop
Hookah Guru

looks like theres some threading inside that you can see. at least i think thats what that is.
Old May 20th, 2008, 01:53 PM
Hoohoodillyo
Hookah Nut

Sweet, I guess they just changed the style up a bit. How do the new ones perform? I love my old one but its old and starting to have a bad taste to it...
Old May 20th, 2008, 01:58 PM
Scoop
Hookah Guru

same as the old ones, just a fancier exterior
Old May 20th, 2008, 02:02 PM
Hoohoodillyo
Hookah Nut

Good to know, is there any other recommendations for other brands? I like the ease of the Mya, but I noticed a lot of people liking KM hookahs. Any major functional reasons for this or just the style?
Old May 20th, 2008, 02:17 PM
Scoop
Hookah Guru

KMs have a traditional chamber. its easier to clean. the mya has a common chamber making it hard to clean, and the hookah becomes nasty and flavored after a lot of use.
Old May 20th, 2008, 02:19 PM
Kwikwi
Hookah Guru

KM and MZ mainly for the durability and performance. Stainless steel stems with no common chamber, wider diameters for bigger pulls. And compared to MYA they are much more affordable for the majority of us.
Old May 20th, 2008, 02:21 PM
Juno
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Juno

Khalil Mamoon's will take a lickin' and keep on tickin'.
Old May 20th, 2008, 02:27 PM
Hoohoodillyo
Hookah Nut

By common chamber you are meaning the orb that holds the blow off valve and the Hose adapter in the same chamber and how does the KM work? Is it a separate tube from each the blow off and the hose adapter? This interests me a bit, although I don't mind buying a new hookah once every year or two.
Old May 20th, 2008, 02:39 PM
Scoop
Hookah Guru

yes, that is exactly it.

the mya have an open heart. the km has seperate tubes.
Old May 20th, 2008, 02:41 PM
Hoohoodillyo
Hookah Nut

Does this have any effect on how it smokes? It doesn't seem like it would, especially since I can drill a couple holes in the bottom like I did with my old one.
Old May 20th, 2008, 02:42 PM
Scoop
Hookah Guru

it effects your ability to purge the chamber. it also effects the flavor as the walls of the heart are hard to clean and they will be gross after a short period of time
Old May 20th, 2008, 02:53 PM
shishaholiC
Hookah Pro

Hoohoodillyo, mya paragon is not scew on. The heart is exactly the same as my collosus and it has a good grommet and fits the way any egyptian would.
Common chamber does suck at purging and i didnt have my mya long enoung to know how it will stain. But you can always dip in in vinegar and everything is clean again.
Old May 20th, 2008, 02:53 PM
Hoohoodillyo
Hookah Nut

Yes that does make sense, maybe I should look into another brand. I do like the "metro" look that Myas have, know of any other brands that have this look? After really thinking about the big bubble it kind of scares me cause water could just build up inside there making it easier to rust... wonder if thats what happened to mine?!?
Old May 20th, 2008, 02:58 PM
Hoohoodillyo
Hookah Nut

Yeah I have a great cleaning method for mine, I break it all down, soak in vinegar water about 5-10 min, rinse, boil with fresh water, add some baking soda to neutralize the vinegar from corroding the metal, rinse, boil in fresh water again, then final rinse and dry. I only did that about once a month or two, but it seemed to clean very well until recent. Now it just tastes like metal, must be some kind of rust as the baking soda water turned brownish this time...
Old May 20th, 2008, 03:01 PM
Hoohoodillyo
Hookah Nut

Update### I did get to see inside part of the "bubble" it seems to be rusty inside now. Dammit, time to rethink what I want now.
Old May 20th, 2008, 03:10 PM
shishaholiC
Hookah Pro

Vinegar for 5 minutes... man thats way too much. I only dip it for a few secs and the rince. I repeat 3-4 times and then wash with water. I've used that in all my hookahs and they all lasted 2-3 years plus. I never used baking soda, tho.
My MYA is much heavier than my MZ but i believe they ar MUCH EASIER to break cz of all the threaded parts and delicate work on them. My MZ is light but 2 years of everyday use did seem much for him. Still in perfect condition except the green stuff that come out of the stem when i forget to empty the water after a couple of days.

MY HONEST ADVISE: If you want a durable rig for heavy duty every day use (2 and 3 times a day), make your self a favour and buy a good solid egyptian. And believe me this is anything but biased cz i just got my mya and i absolutelly love it. If you want a delicate beautiful hookah with a different style that you will smoke out of 5-6 times a week, Get a high end mya.

Cheers
Old May 20th, 2008, 03:17 PM
ChronicHookah
Banned

jc, there us a lot of info in this post! you will definately deserve a smoke once you decide which hookah to go with.
Old May 20th, 2008, 03:37 PM
Hoohoodillyo
Hookah Nut

Lmao, I'm still smoking out of the Mya and I have a b/u in the closet I might just pull out and use. I just need to get some Layalina here, only having this Nakhla is killin me!!!

I had my Mya well over 2 years even closer to 3 years, she has lasted me a long time and I've smoked about 2-3 times a day on average and up to 10-12 times with friends over. She has seen her fair share of abuse(dropped, kicked, fallen on top of) and has stood strong through the whole thing, although I did replace the alum stem with a brass one a long time ago. I went through one Egyptian 4 hose i got a long time ago that I really didn't like much, maybe just because it was a cheap knock off. I guess it all boils down to preference in the end and there is no straight 100% answer to what is best, just what the individual person enjoys.

Thanks for everything.
Old May 20th, 2008, 04:10 PM
larrypzlast
Hookah Enthusiast

Send a message via MSN to larrypzlast

You might want to check out a Syiran. They are amazing rigs, me being a hookah fanboy lol. There are a few of us out there and we all love our Syrian rigs. I know hookah-shisha has some nice ones in stock you might want to check out. My syrian is durable as well.
Old May 20th, 2008, 04:27 PM
ChronicHookah
Banned

why don't you just buy layalina online, there are many vendors here that would love to take your order....
Old May 20th, 2008, 05:27 PM
Huskysibe
Hookah Master

http://www.*************.com/shop/index.php?cPath=30_26 Check out John at ******* Hookah, he has Mya's and he is very knowledge about them.
Old May 20th, 2008, 05:39 PM
Hoohoodillyo
Hookah Nut

Yeah I have been checking out all of the vendors that support this site. I love the deal ******* has for Layalina right now, but missing some of my vital flavors :-).

I'm not going to jump on the gun to get my new hookah as I want to enjoy my purchase, will prob wait another couple weeks at least. I might end up picking up a new Mya for now, then getting a Syrian when i find one that really catches my eye. It may be tough cause like I said before I am into modern "metro" hookahs and they are more of a traditional look. I do want one that will be quality tho, I would love full brass!
Old May 20th, 2008, 08:36 PM
larrypzlast
Hookah Enthusiast

Send a message via MSN to larrypzlast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoohoodillyo View Post
Yeah I have been checking out all of the vendors that support this site. I love the deal ******* has for Layalina right now, but missing some of my vital flavors :-).

I'm not going to jump on the gun to get my new hookah as I want to enjoy my purchase, will prob wait another couple weeks at least. I might end up picking up a new Mya for now, then getting a Syrian when i find one that really catches my eye. It may be tough cause like I said before I am into modern "metro" hookahs and they are more of a traditional look. I do want one that will be quality tho, I would love full brass!

YEs! YES!!! see the light . It is ok man MYAs are great rigs. As for layalina I have been wanting to try some kiwi-strawberry from them. I have been searching for a nice pina colada. If layalina has one that is definatly one of my canidates.
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook