Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Vendor Refund

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old May 20th, 2008, 02:31 PM
golemjk
Hookah Newbie

Send a message via AIM to golemjk
Default Vendor Refund

How long do you wait once a vendor has signed for a return until you complain about not getting your money back. The hookah I sent back to Furat was signed for on Thursday and he definately had it in his hands yesterday. I call and he doesn't answer and he doesn't answer his e-mails. Do i dispute the charge or keep calling?
Old May 20th, 2008, 02:48 PM
Hoohoodillyo
Hookah Nut

Default Re: Vendor Refund

Refunds take a little time sometimes, unless it is for a store credit. In that case it should be instant. Otherwise be patient, if it takes a few days don't be upset. I personally would want a verbal confirmation on the process but I wouldn't flip out if I wasn't contacted everyday.
Old May 20th, 2008, 04:00 PM
larrypzlast
Hookah Enthusiast

Send a message via MSN to larrypzlast

Yeh dude be patient. Don't jump to your guns quite yet. Try to contact him casually and if you get no answer within the next 3-4 days. Then get the guns warmed up lol. At least try to make sure he is avoiding you before you do anything intense.
Old May 20th, 2008, 09:28 PM
dakingkevin23
Hookah Guru

Send a message via AIM to dakingkevin23

He could be somewhere, or lost his phone, or something else. Just give him a week, then if he still doesn't pick up, you can make a move.
Old May 20th, 2008, 10:59 PM
KoRnKitten
Moderator Kitteh

Send a message via AIM to KoRnKitten Send a message via Yahoo to KoRnKitten

Well CC payments (in store and on the internet) can take up to 14 days to be refunded on a card/ gift card, even if he refunded it the second he recieved the rig. So he might have done that all ready.

Be patient. Give him 5 business days to notify you of refund. Keep the signature confirmationt o show you sent it back and he has recieved it. If he has not notified you by then, give him a call and check the status of the refund. If he sys he's initiated it , give him the benefit of the doubt and wait the 14 days. After that, call him again and tell him you will dispute the charges and call your cc company.

GLaDOS: "You euthanised your faithful companion cube more quickly than any test subject on record. Congratulations!"
Old May 20th, 2008, 11:07 PM
golemjk
Hookah Newbie

I finally reached him on the phone. It sounds like everything is run out of his garage so he has no working hours. I had to pay on paypal and he doesn't know how to refund anything with them. He told me today that he was going to Washington Mutual to get a cashiers check and then he's going to mail it to me. The check printer was supposedly screwed up so he said it could be a couple of days. I don't mind being patient but he also needed to let me know the hookah arrived alright and he was planning on doing a refund. All I knew is I mailed back the hookah and wasn't able to hear one word about the situation. I've been screwed by internet vendors before and I don't want to make the same mistakes again. We'll see how long it takes to get the actual refund. So far the process has lasted 4 weeks and I have no hookah and no money. Just a bad situation when your trying to pay for college, living, and a hookah.
Old May 21st, 2008, 12:05 AM
Scoop
Hookah Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by golemjk View Post
I finally reached him on the phone. It sounds like everything is run out of his garage so he has no working hours. I had to pay on paypal and he doesn't know how to refund anything with them. He told me today that he was going to Washington Mutual to get a cashiers check and then he's going to mail it to me. The check printer was supposedly screwed up so he said it could be a couple of days. I don't mind being patient but he also needed to let me know the hookah arrived alright and he was planning on doing a refund. All I knew is I mailed back the hookah and wasn't able to hear one word about the situation. I've been screwed by internet vendors before and I don't want to make the same mistakes again. We'll see how long it takes to get the actual refund. So far the process has lasted 4 weeks and I have no hookah and no money. Just a bad situation when your trying to pay for college, living, and a hookah.
sounds like a whole lot of epic bullshit. he could have gotten a money order from the post office or gone to another wamu.
Old May 21st, 2008, 01:44 AM
MNH
Vendor

Send a message via AIM to MNH

I would give it no more then 14 days because like others on here are saying it takes the credit card company some days to note it to your account.
Old May 21st, 2008, 06:43 AM
sabsz
Hookah Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by golemjk View Post
You cant be serious with that one.
Old May 21st, 2008, 02:30 PM
Scoop
Hookah Guru

all he has to do with paypal to refund is to send you money back...
Old May 21st, 2008, 02:37 PM
ZenSilk
Hookah Master

Or press the refund link.
Old May 21st, 2008, 03:03 PM
Scoop
Hookah Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenSilk View Post
Or press the refund link.
rofl. never sold anything on paypal so i didn't know

sounds like that dude you bought the hookah from is not getting business from anyone here ever again
Old May 21st, 2008, 03:26 PM
Hoohoodillyo
Hookah Nut

I would say if you are getting the cold shoulder about just dispute the charges and tell him you will be doing so. Nothing happens to him and nothing to you, you just get your money back asap. Paypal is great about that.
Old May 21st, 2008, 03:28 PM
ZenSilk
Hookah Master

Yeah, but you shouldn't be using Paypal for tobacco in the first place (according to the rules) from what i've heard.
Old May 21st, 2008, 06:35 PM
sabsz
Hookah Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenSilk View Post
Yeah, but you shouldn't be using Paypal for tobacco in the first place (according to the rules) from what i've heard.
Does that include tobacco related things such as hookahs?
I know the tobacco itself is not permitted on Paypal, but if it was just a hookah...would it matter?
Old May 21st, 2008, 06:49 PM
ZenSilk
Hookah Master

Tobacco smoking device, honestly i do not know, but i'll check it out and see if i can find anything.
Old May 21st, 2008, 06:54 PM
ZenSilk
Hookah Master

https://www.paypal.com/helpcenter/main.jsp;jsessionid=L01GsNJDt9hZxwSJy7l3ZYkJ24yY28 LvQwn9PzS1TFhv2M0pQR2Z!2957617?locale=en_US&_dynch arset=UTF-8&countrycode=US&cmd=_help-ext&serverInstance=9005&t=solutionTab&ft=browseTab &ps=solutionPanels&solutionTopic=20019&solutionId= 39070&isSrch=Yes

Nothing i can find other then "Parapher*****" (you know). It doesn't state anything about devices used to smoke, even though they should based upon the reasons behind their rules of tobacco.

Last edited by ZenSilk; May 21st, 2008 at 06:56 PM.
Old May 21st, 2008, 06:54 PM
Scoop
Hookah Guru

ive used paypal for hookahs, even some vendors had it. so im guessing pipes is ok, just not the tobacco itself.
Old May 21st, 2008, 07:37 PM
sabsz
Hookah Pro

Either way, is makes the guy seem kind of stupid...the fact he can't figure out how to refund a customer on Paypal is kind of ridiculous, right? Unless he just doesn't want to refund, like seriously wtf?
Old May 21st, 2008, 07:44 PM
Scoop
Hookah Guru

for real, seems kind of fishy
Old May 21st, 2008, 09:06 PM
golemjk
Hookah Newbie

I'm hoping he actallu mailed me a check like he said but his customer servie is awful. If I do not receivea check in the next 3 days, I am going to send him a letter on my fathers law office letter head. I want to give him a chance, because if I dispte the charge on paypal it could be weeks before I receive it.
Old May 21st, 2008, 09:09 PM
ghostofdavid
Hookah Nut

Send a message via AIM to ghostofdavid Send a message via MSN to ghostofdavid Send a message via Yahoo to ghostofdavid

Let us know how ot turns out!
Old May 21st, 2008, 09:11 PM
golemjk
Hookah Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostofdavid View Post
Let us know how ot turns out!

Definately.
Old May 21st, 2008, 09:15 PM
wolfstar
Hookah Nut

Yeah, sounds dodgy I've recieved refunds through paypal it's not hard for gods sake.
Old May 23rd, 2008, 12:42 PM
golemjk
Hookah Newbie

I finally received my check in the mail. It took a while but now I finnaly have my money back and a new KM On The Rocks from pimp your hookah. It all worked out but it was a little sketchy there for a while.
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook