Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Buying my first Hookah

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old May 21st, 2008, 10:02 PM
C_S
Hookah Newbie

Smile Buying my first Hookah

Hey everyone,

I live in Massachusetts and am planning to go to Hampton Beach in New Hampshire where they have a lot of stores that sell Hookahs so, I can buy my first one. Seeing New Hampshire is the closest place for me to buy a Hookah, I don't feel like driving up there every time I need some more Hookah supplies (i.e. tobacco). I know they sell the tobacco for it there, but I didn't see any coal for it.

Here are my questions:

1. Are there any stores that I can buy Coals and Tobacco for my Hookah in Massachusetts? What kind of store would they sell the coals and tobacco for the Hookahs at?

2. Is there any specific type of coal I need to get? Is it easy to find?

2. What supplies would I need for my Hookah when I buy it? So far, all I know I need is Sweet Tobacco, Coal, and tin foil. I want to make sure I have everything.

Thanks,
C_S.
Old May 21st, 2008, 10:04 PM
Scoop
Hookah Guru

Default Re: Buying my first Hookah

Have you considered ordering online?

There are vendors online that sell coal, tobacco, hookahs, what ever you want.

in fact i suggest ordering a hookah online depending on which one, the costs in the stores are usually much much higher than online

for coals, there are quick lights that start with a lighter and generally have more chemicals and added taste (3kings being a better one)

there are also natural coal, which take a stove to light, but are generally better and dont impart as much taste. (exoticas, coconara)
Old May 21st, 2008, 10:05 PM
MrBungle
AFNSBFLAVOUR

oh yeah, online is the way to go. stores will charge you an arm and a leg for some crap rig, bad coals, and who knows what kind of tobacco.

Old May 21st, 2008, 10:09 PM
dakingkevin23
Hookah Guru

Send a message via AIM to dakingkevin23

I would order online.
john from *************.com is my number 1 recommendation. He will not lead you the wrong way.
ordering locally seems a little fishy unless you know what you're ordering. Some shops will charge 100+ for knockoffs.
Old May 21st, 2008, 10:09 PM
Kwikwi
Hookah Guru

1) Local stores that sometimes carry hookah products will be head shops(smoke shops), Tobacco shops. Don't live in Mass. so can't tell you if there's any there. Personally you should look at our online vendors here. Items are much cheaper than local stores in most cases and combining items to reduce shipping damages come out cheaper than spending your own gas at times.

2)Any coal made for hookah. There's naturals and quick lights. There's a huge amount of information on coals in our product reviews section. Any retailer who sells hookah tobacco will most likely have coals. Again, see the above about online.

3)To start you need a hookah(obvious), hose, bowl, tobacco, coals, foil, tongs, good drink and snack to enjoy with it. Good music or movie. Good luck to you and ask if you have any more questions. That's what this forum is here for.
Old May 21st, 2008, 10:19 PM
Scoop
Hookah Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwikwi View Post
1) Local stores that sometimes carry hookah products will be head shops(smoke shops), Tobacco shops. Don't live in Mass. so can't tell you if there's any there. Personally you should look at our online vendors here. Items are much cheaper than local stores in most cases and combining items to reduce shipping damages come out cheaper than spending your own gas at times.

2)Any coal made for hookah. There's naturals and quick lights. There's a huge amount of information on coals in our product reviews section. Any retailer who sells hookah tobacco will most likely have coals. Again, see the above about online.

3)To start you need a hookah(obvious), hose, bowl, tobacco, coals, foil, tongs, good drink and snack to enjoy with it. Good music or movie. Good luck to you and ask if you have any more questions. That's what this forum is here for.
you also need a harem with lots of women, and grapes...
Old May 21st, 2008, 10:19 PM
abu ronin
Hookah Master

Send a message via Yahoo to abu ronin

1) I usd to live in Boston, but don't know of any particular places that seel hookah related items.However, most middle eastern markets should sell most of what you need with regards to coals and tobacco.

2)you want to go for coals that are made for hookah. There are other coals out there that are suitable for shisha smoking, but I would avoid experimentation. At least until your a more experienced smoker and know what to look for.As I stated above mid-eastern stores that sell tobacco will prolly have the cols you need.There are different types of coals availiable and it is just a matter of prefference.Natural wood, finger coals, japanese tabs, and quicklites are the most common types you'll see.You'll need to experiment to find a brand/style your comfortable with.Just remember, regardless of what you choose, be sure they are thouroughly lit all the way thru before smoking.Partially lit coals are harmful to smoke.

3)all in all you need coals, foil(i would suggest heavy duty), a decent hose, shisha tobacco,bowl,and grommets.here's a vid to help you get set up-http://youtube.com/watch?v=k_BCJ1xOQTE
Old May 22nd, 2008, 12:04 AM
Kwikwi
Hookah Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoop View Post
you also need a harem with lots of women, and grapes...
Lol, good point. I knew I was missing something.
Old May 22nd, 2008, 12:07 AM
blckngld760
Hookah Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBungle View Post
oh yeah, online is the way to go. stores will charge you an arm and a leg for some crap rig, bad coals, and who knows what kind of tobacco.
yeah i found that out the hard way. the other day i bought the japanese quick lites silver tabs for 15 bucks . it wasnt til after when i found out they are about 6 dollars online.
Old May 22nd, 2008, 12:10 AM
ChronicHookah
Banned

C_S are you close to lawrence? there is another member here from there that has a good market there. I am not sure if they have what you want but try Hassey's or you can contact the vendors on this forum, check out the venfdor review section, gl
Old May 22nd, 2008, 12:12 AM
Zech Lyter
Hookah Nut

Send a message via AIM to Zech Lyter

Yeah, buy online. I found this out the hard way. I was over priced for a shitty rig. I would recommend John at *************. I have always had great service from him.
Old May 22nd, 2008, 01:30 AM
rileynason
Hookah Nut

Send a message via MSN to rileynason

online is the way to go if you wanna save some money ,but if you can not order on line just go to a local smoke shop...(just make sure that you don't buy a crap rig)
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook