Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Shipping to Canada?

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old May 22nd, 2008, 03:34 PM
AtomicDonut
Hookah Newbie

Default Shipping to Canada?

Ey
Iím currently shopping for a:
Hookah Ė No idea what style :|Something 20inch.. ish Looking to spend +/- 100 CND
Tobacco; Al Fakher Grape
Starbuzz Bluemist
TangiersÖ I have no idea what flavor, mainly getting it for the buzz, anyone have any suggestions?
Coal Ė I donít really know which coal, I know quick lights you can light with a lighter and for natural coal you need a stove? I normally smoke indoors, so is there another upside to natural? Also, whats a good natural coal brand.

Well as you can see Im shopping for pretty much everything.. my real concern is that Iím from Canada, Toronto, and Iíve never bought anything online, Iím a bit worried about shipping stuff from the states, especially tobaccoÖ
Does anyone know sites that will ship to Canada? Or anyone thatís selling the stuff im looking for? Iíd be able to buy C.O.DÖ also if people could give feedback on the Hookah / Coal / Tangier stuff Iíd greatly appreciate it .

[FONT=Calibri]- [/FONT]Thanks
Old May 22nd, 2008, 03:55 PM
Scoop
Hookah Guru

Default Re: Shipping to Canada?

there is a direct wholesaler of CocoNara coals in canada, i listed a # in another thread.

as for Tangiers, I'd recommend kashmir peach, yellow apple, brambleberry, peach iced tea, indigo flower, all those i liked a lot
Old May 22nd, 2008, 03:58 PM
AtomicDonut
Hookah Newbie

Awesome, that takes care of the Tangiers flavors and the Coal

Anyone know if there are issues shipping from American sites to Cananda?

and is anyone selling those flavours / hookah?
Old May 22nd, 2008, 04:16 PM
ChronicHookah
Banned

some vendors here will, i have, there are some issues that you have to discuss with them over the phone regarding customs and shipping is around $40-50, shipping takes 2-3 weeks too.
Old May 22nd, 2008, 04:33 PM
AtomicDonut
Hookah Newbie

Bloody hell +45-50 dollars on top of the price right?

Old May 22nd, 2008, 04:40 PM
ChronicHookah
Banned

yes, it is what it is. Here's how you need to look at it though, shisha is 3-4 times more in Canada from what I hear, and the Canadian dollar has been getting stronger than the US dollar, so you should still come out ahead. also, no sales tax.
Old May 22nd, 2008, 04:59 PM
AtomicDonut
Hookah Newbie

Yea it's about three times more expensive for brands I've never heard of, and yea, lol, no sales tax..
Old May 22nd, 2008, 07:50 PM
Bassism
Hookah Nut

I bought some shisha from Minnesota Hookah. I believe they carry all the brands you're interested in. I posted a review in the review section of my experience. And although shipping is fairly expensive, by the time you buy two packs of shisha, including shipping, the price is on par with what I would pay for two packs of shisha locally, with the bonus of being able to get better brands and whatever flavour you want.

I can't speak for buying a hookah from the states, as I haven't done that yet. I would recommend buying your hookah and shisha separately. Although you'll pay a bit more in shipping fees, the hookah will most likely be inspected at the border and you'll have to pay taxes and duty. It's important that your shisha isn't taxed at the border, since you'll end up paying about 60 bucks per 250g pack. Also, keep your shisha orders low in volume, since a smaller package is less likely to be inspected.

Good luck, and don't be afraid to keep asking questions!
Old May 22nd, 2008, 10:43 PM
larrypzlast
Hookah Enthusiast

Send a message via MSN to larrypzlast

As for your AF and SB flavor choices I have some suggestions. AF Grape has been letting some loyal fans down lately, so be warned! You may not get an outstanding batch like the ones that were around before 07. SB Blue Mist is fantastic. I smoked it alot so the flavor has become tired to me but while I was smoking it it was awesome. I suggest you give it a shot. You got your coals all figured out. A small Egyptian hookah might be your best bet you can get one for a decent price.
Old May 22nd, 2008, 11:50 PM
sabsz
Hookah Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bassism View Post
I bought some shisha from Minnesota Hookah. I believe they carry all the brands you're interested in. I posted a review in the review section of my experience. And although shipping is fairly expensive, by the time you buy two packs of shisha, including shipping, the price is on par with what I would pay for two packs of shisha locally, with the bonus of being able to get better brands and whatever flavour you want.

I can't speak for buying a hookah from the states, as I haven't done that yet. I would recommend buying your hookah and shisha separately. Although you'll pay a bit more in shipping fees, the hookah will most likely be inspected at the border and you'll have to pay taxes and duty. It's important that your shisha isn't taxed at the border, since you'll end up paying about 60 bucks per 250g pack. Also, keep your shisha orders low in volume, since a smaller package is less likely to be inspected.

Good luck, and don't be afraid to keep asking questions!
I can definately agree with that, it is so true.
I can buy a 250g tub of AF for $25 at a local store. Before the month of May ends, I plan on getting two 250g tubs of AF and a box of Exotica Natural Charcoal. There is a deal for that combo at nazarhookah.com, with shipping I calculated the total cost (I'm near Niagara Falls) its was just under 50 dollars. So in the end I will have payed about 2 dollars less than just buying two tubs of AF, AND I will get a box of Exoticas along with it. Also there is much more variety in terms of flavours.
I have ordered from Nazar Hookah before, and Mahir is very accommodating.
Great customer service, and he will make sure your packages are marked as gifts . Although that does not necessarily guarantee that you won't get F'ed in the A by customs, or brokerage fees.

Last edited by sabsz; May 23rd, 2008 at 12:04 AM.
Old May 23rd, 2008, 07:34 AM
Sambooka
Sambooka Jr.

Look into some Nakhla for a buzz ... the double apple is fantastic if you like licorice and apple
sweet melon, chocomint, and my new favorite earl grey

http://www.hookahpro.com - Hookah Pro Community - Hookah Forum
~Favorite Hookah~ Khalil Mamoon Amer .. (she leans, so I call her Eileen)
~Favorite Setup~ Egyptian Hookah, Vortex Bowl, Natural Coals (Exotica or Coconara)
~Current Flavor Favorites~ Ayam Zaman 1001 Nights, Hookah Freak Spiced Apple Cider, Starbuzz White Peach
Nakhla Double Apple, Nakhla Earl Grey, Nakhla Sweet Melon, Nakhla Cinnamon, Nakhla Cardamom, Nakhla Fakhfakhina Mixed Fruit, Nakhla El Basha Grape
Al Fakher Mint, Al Fakher Orange, Al Fakher Cinnamon
HookahPro.com .. powered by Elites!
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook