Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Learning everyday, but a few more questions:)

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share
Old May 23rd, 2008, 05:28 AM
Hookah Newbie
Default Learning everyday, but a few more questions:)

Great forum guys. I'm about to try out the new hookah this weekend (first time setting one up myself) and I have a few more questions.

1)Cleaning it before first use-How should I clean it, and what should I clean it with before the first use?

2)Coals-I got a roll of 3 kings quick lites. Not sure the size but I'm guessing 40 MM. How do I light them? What do I light them with? How do I know they are lit? Should I use one broke in half on the bowl? I assume I break it in half before I light it lol?

3)Tin foil. How many layers? Shiny side down right?

4)After use cleaning-Do I need to clean it after each use? Again, what do I clean it with and how?

5)Tobacco storage-Fridge in a ziplock a good idea? Stir before using right?

Thanks for all the help. I'm trying to make the first use go as smooth as possible

Old May 23rd, 2008, 07:33 AM
Hookah Nut
Default Re: Learning everyday, but a few more questions:)

1) Once you first buy it brand new just rinse it under water that should be fine.

2) Quick lites let out a toxic smell which is bad to inhale, let the coal sit for a bit before using or buy 100% natural coals .

3) Yep ... Shiny side down with a single layer make sure you don't pack to much tobacco keep it under the rim of the bowl an don't let the foil or coals touch the tobacco. You don't wont to burn it.

4) Its best to rinse it out with water after every use so its really for next time, then give it a good full clean every 3rd day. ...
Sambooka has heaps of awesome how too video on youtube Part 1 & 2 on how to clean your hookah

(part 1) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rvqnpUcEJ-8
(Part 2) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O0VRJ...eature=related

5) No don't store your tobacco in the fridge keep it sealed in a tube container and make sure to mix the tobacco around with spoon or a tooth pick to get the juices flowing back to the top before you pack the bowl.

6) Your now on your way to becoming a HookahPro ... Enjoy

Last edited by Eazyone23; May 23rd, 2008 at 07:50 AM.
Old May 23rd, 2008, 12:37 PM
Hookah Guru

1) Just rinse with water,
2) Hold the disc in the tongs and light with a BIC lighter or similar. When it starts flaring up set it on the coal/ash tray on the hookah and wait until its fully heated to use. Don't break them in half unless your using the big 40mm on a larger bowl. I use one disc, whole, on my small Lebanese bowl.
3)foil, never noticed a heat diff by side. Use one layer of HD foil, two layers if your experiencing overheating issues.
4)Do not clean the hose after use unless it's a washable hose. The hookah you can rinse out and every two to three uses give it a cleaing using baking sode and water. Or the beer method shown in this vid from Sambooka.
5)Ziplocs are fine, do not refrigerate. You can store it in any cabinet. Some tobacco needs to be stored in darker locations. Stir before using to mix the juices in. Remove any stems that may cause issues. Pack loosely and below the foil level. And enjoy!
Old May 23rd, 2008, 01:40 PM
Hookah Guru

1) I would fully clean it before use. A couple of mine had weird dust trapped in hose ports that mixed with the condensed smoke and made it really nasty until i cleaned it thoroughly

2)Coals- Use a regular lighter, or a torch. I like to break my coals after they are fully lit, as it seems a lot easier to me. just poke it right in the middle with tongs and they should snap in half but be careful not to crush down or theyll fall apart

3)Tin foil. I use 1 layer of reynold's heavy duty, shiny side down

4)After use cleaning - I clean my hookahs after each use, usually with brushes. If there is a nasty smell, I use beer to get it out. I clean the hose and purge ports every few smokes.

5)Tobacco storage - No fridge, ziplocks are fine. Yes, stir, the juices is where the goodness is at.
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook