Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Fake Mya?

Hookah Discussion

Closed Thread Share

Old May 24th, 2008, 11:32 AM
K4L30
Hookah Newbie

Default Fake Mya?

About three weeks ago I ordered a 23" mya acrylic. I'm still pretty new to this whole hookah thing(3-4 months) and I had never owned a mya hookah. I noticed that my model was a bit different from the hookahs that I was browsing through on the maya saray website. The valve release was different and the base was a little different. The screw on downstem did not have "Mya" written on it as I noticed true myas do. It had the logo "inhale" on the downstem and on the tray platform. Also I found a good deal on a different color mya base and bought it. It came in the mail yesterday and it came in a cool mya box with a handle and had mya written across the bottom of the base. Also the bottom band of color did not come all the way down on the true mya base which wasnt the case with the base that I had received with my "mya" hookah. also I quickly came to realise that the base did not fit my stem. I'm pretty sure that I got a fake and I wish that I would have known the difference when I bought it. I will not mention the vendor as I am still waiting on an email from them to see if they will fix this issue. They clearly have it listed as a mya model and it clearly isnt a true mya saray which is the reason I bought it in the first place. Am I mistaken? How exactly do I handle this situation? Need some advice.
Old May 24th, 2008, 11:38 AM
Scoop
Hookah Guru

Default Re: Fake Mya?

my mya was stamped mya on the tray, on the vase, a bunch of places had it.

definitely came with a case and mya tongs.

see what the vendor says. if he doesn't honor it, i would expose him and post in the vendor reviews. kind of bullshit, you probably paid 5 times the price of the knock off (they are very very cheap). hopefully vendor will make it right
Old May 24th, 2008, 02:40 PM
K4L30
Hookah Newbie

Well I got an email back. He claims that he didn't know it was a real mya and that he himself was mislead by his supplier and didnt "know much about the brand name of hookah". (sounds like crap to me) He said he has discontinued business with this supplier and changed the website description. Says he wants to keep my business and is asking me how i want to fix this. Personally, I think I should receive an actual mya because that is what I paid for eh?
Old May 24th, 2008, 02:59 PM
Scoop
Hookah Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by K4L30 View Post
Well I got an email back. He claims that he didn't know it was a real mya and that he himself was mislead by his supplier and didnt "know much about the brand name of hookah". (sounds like crap to me) He said he has discontinued business with this supplier and changed the website description. Says he wants to keep my business and is asking me how i want to fix this. Personally, I think I should receive an actual mya because that is what I paid for eh?
if he wont send you a real one, you deserve a refund.
Old May 24th, 2008, 04:28 PM
Kwikwi
Hookah Guru

I would think a refund or exchange for a real MYA. Keeping in mind we have pretty much the cream of the crop when it comes to vendors. All the active ones here are very aware that bad customer service can kill sales. If it was one of our active MYA vendors saying they did not know I would have believed them. However I think it was not one of our actives since they all are pretty mich the biggest MYA dealers on the web. I would try for a refund or exchange and send it back.
Old May 24th, 2008, 04:36 PM
Hoohoodillyo
Hookah Nut

Yeah exchange that shit.. You do not want a fake Mya. Get a trefund and talk to one of our vendors from here. There are a few that sell Mya that will honor them.
Old May 24th, 2008, 04:50 PM
ChronicHookah
Banned

yeah, keep us posted, that sounds like some bad luck.
someone stated in another post there are knock offs of knock offs out there.
you need to know your vendor's reputation, check out the vendor review section here.
better luck next time
Old May 24th, 2008, 05:25 PM
K4L30
Hookah Newbie

see the thing is he wants me to send him his hookah back then refund me the money. To me that is crap because I'm supposed to have a mya right now and i shouldnt be left with no hooka back at square one looking to buy another mya. I told him that if he would be willing to refund my money then consider it paid back to him to get me the real deal. he said he is unable to get the mya hookah. Well I know if i can order a mya then he sure can. I told him to order the mya and when he has the mya hookah then i will drive to him so i don't have to pay shipping and we can exchange the hookahs. is that not fair? Also. He has seen this post and says he's offended. Why would he be offended about me posting if i didnt mention his company or his name I'm really starting to get mad about this whole thing but I'm trying to remain as calm as possible. He says "Send back the products and we will give you your refund" I personally don't think that is good enough. I feel F#@*d.
Old May 24th, 2008, 05:46 PM
wolfstar
Hookah Nut

It's pretty standard policy to refund on return however I would also demand a refund of the return shipping price as well. Post the companies name as I'd personally like to know what company can't tell a real Mya from an obvious fake so I know never to deal with them. When/if you get your refund spend the money at ******* Hookah, John knows his stuff and will treat you right and the way his going it will be a true one stop shop soon
Old May 24th, 2008, 07:27 PM
K4L30
Hookah Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfstar View Post
It's pretty standard policy to refund on return however I would also demand a refund of the return shipping price as well. Post the companies name as I'd personally like to know what company can't tell a real Mya from an obvious fake so I know never to deal with them. When/if you get your refund spend the money at ******* Hookah, John knows his stuff and will treat you right and the way his going it will be a true one stop shop soon
sure thing. As soon as i get my refund ill be in the market for a mya. Only i'll have to come up with some extra cash because I'll only be refunded about 70 bucks. The "mya" was only 50 bucks. Thought I was getting a deal. Should have known I was being jerked around. well I know It wont happen to anyone else because they have changed their product description to "Mya-Like" still have the picture up of the actual mya though. I'm not posting the name because I'm mad (even though I am) but I'm telling yall who it is because i think it was very wrong and i think they are ill equipped to be running a hookah biz if they don't know the diff between the real deal and a fake. It is TEXASHOOKAH. I hate to have to mention the name negatively like this because I've already written a good review of the company but i didnt know my hookah was a fraud till last night so... How is it right for them to tell me this?...

"We sold you an Acrylic INHALE hookah thinking it was a MYA in the beginning as a honest mistake, but if you wanted a MYA so much and that's all you wanted than you should have known how the hookah looks frontwards and backwards."

complete crap! In my opinion if they are going to sell "mya" hookahs then they should know that it is a mya. I am new to this and had no clue. yet the blame is getting pushed on me. it is the customers fault! of course! How silly of me!

Last edited by K4L30; May 24th, 2008 at 08:37 PM.
Old May 24th, 2008, 10:03 PM
texashookah
**~ Supporting Vendor ~**

Here is the situation. It was an honest mistake as we do not deal with MYA hookahs as of now and have been getting these acrylic hookahs made by INHALE from a distributor of ours that has in the catalog MYA-like. I overlooked the MYA-"like" part when doing my description. Once K4L30 pointed this out in the very first email, we changed the description immediately. K4L30 has been using this acrylic hookah for 3 weeks and said he loves, but is now furious at us that it is not the actual MYA, which is very understandable. In the course of the 3 weeks we sent him a free base and free hose via USPS Priority Mail free of charge for this hookah. Now, due to us not supplying MYA as of right now, we kindly offered to give a FULL REFUND the full price of the USED hookah AND PAY FOR THE SHIPPING. This hookah that we receive back goes straight into the trash due to being used. K4L30 did not like this idea and wants us to purchase a MYA from another hookah website and exchange it for the used hookah that we will be throwing away. We made an honest mistake and try to fix our problem the best we can. From our past reviews on any forum you all can see that we try to do everything we can in the customer's favor. We have great reviews in every forum including this one. We are at a lost with K4L30 and I hope this will not hurt our business as we do strive for excellent customer satisfaction. We have only been in business for 9 months now but are growing at a rapid speed. We just wanted to clarify all the details so everyone has both sides of the story. Thank you and I apologize sincerely for this long rant. On the upside we have added ZONA tobacco, has anyone tried it, and what do you guys think? We will start another post for this.
Old May 24th, 2008, 10:45 PM
K4L30
Hookah Newbie

Quote:
In the course of the 3 weeks we sent him a free base and free hose via USPS Priority Mail free of charge for this hookah.
Texashookah. You sent the base free of charge because the original base had a leak the first day that i had it and sent the hose because i had ordered a second matching hose (I wanted to turn my "Mya" into a two hose) and the one you sent didn't match. I liked the hose nevertheless and ws willing to keep it and buy the matching hose. You said you sent them because i was a valued customer and because i had been so patient with you about everything. Now you want to make it seem as though you just sent it to me free for no reason. and you expect the extra hoses(could care less about the base) in the mail with the hookah for my refund... Bad business man. Anyways. I'll
be sending your stuff out monday. I just ordered the real deal straight from mya saray so I'll have the mya I wanted. I got it for one dollar more than what you will be refunding me. Best of luck to you texashookah. You wont be getting any more orders from me.

Last edited by K4L30; May 24th, 2008 at 11:04 PM.
Old May 24th, 2008, 11:12 PM
KoRnKitten
Moderator Kitteh

Send a message via AIM to KoRnKitten Send a message via Yahoo to KoRnKitten

K4L30- I'm not saying you should be "grateful" or happy about this whole ordeal, I'd be upset as well If I were you, but you have to understand that in the hookah world, You usually wont' get a refund on a hookah you have been smoking out of for almost a month.

You smoked out of it for 3 weeks, and had no issue, then when you found out it wasn't the right thing, they offered to rectify it, but it wasnt good enough? You wanted them to personally buy the hookah from mya , and have it shipped to you? That's not usually how things work man. You were offered a full refund + shipping, I know companies that won't even DEAL w/ refunds on used hookahs, and they are BIG companies!

A real mya is probably double what you paid him, since he doesn't have a vendor account with them, he can't buy it. Make sense? (Real mya = 85.00, you paid =49.99....)

I'm not trying to be rude, but that's not really feasable man. Ship the hookah back, get your refund, buy a mya, and be happy again.

I'm sorry you feel shafted and hope things work out for you.

GLaDOS: "You euthanised your faithful companion cube more quickly than any test subject on record. Congratulations!"

Last edited by KoRnKitten; May 24th, 2008 at 11:19 PM.
Old May 25th, 2008, 01:13 AM
ChronicHookah
Banned

in all fairness nemish is a good guy. he is new like i am and i have some crappy hookahs in stock now, but we all learn. nemish if you need a supplier for mya go to their website for wholesale opportunites and find out who your local supplier should be. i have one in CA but i'm not sure he handles TX. live and learn. this industry has a lot of "copied" merchandise adn the wholesalers take advantage of us newbir retailers sometimes. good luck

K4L30 sorry for the bad luck

Last edited by ChronicHookah; May 25th, 2008 at 01:17 AM.
Old May 25th, 2008, 01:30 AM
wolfstar
Hookah Nut

It sounds like an honest mistake but it just goes to show new vendors that they need to research the products they intend to stock so they don't get ripped off and inadvertnetly ripp off their customers.
Old May 25th, 2008, 01:41 AM
daedra
Hookah Enthusiast

Send a message via MSN to daedra

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoRnKitten View Post
You smoked out of it for 3 weeks, and had no issue, then when you found out it wasn't the right thing, they offered to rectify it, but it wasnt good enough?
i cant help but laugh. but seriously, smoking it for 3 weeks is a bit too much.
Old May 25th, 2008, 09:46 AM
K4L30
Hookah Newbie

You guys are right. I sincerely apologize for acting like this. Like I said. I have ordered the mya already for almost the exact amount that I will be refunded and it will be here this week so Im happy. I was just angry and I hope i didnt make too big of an ass of myself. Nimesh. I know that i have expected too much from you and I'm sorry for everything. I'm not exactly happy about the outcome but I'm satisfied.
Old May 25th, 2008, 02:02 PM
larrypzlast
Hookah Enthusiast

Send a message via MSN to larrypzlast

Ah yes case clased. Good job hp team! lol. Nah that sounds like a really sweet deal though. Some places won't even take a hookah back if it has been used once, which is kinda bogus but all well. Go get yo refund . You can order a horas C or something for like 10 more bucks if you are scared to get a mya. I could've seen how he thought you offended him. When he gave you his you said in your post it sounded like BS. That might have offended me if I was in his position but I'm not for certain
Old May 25th, 2008, 09:04 PM
KoRnKitten
Moderator Kitteh

Send a message via AIM to KoRnKitten Send a message via Yahoo to KoRnKitten

well since this has been settled, i'm going to go ahead an lock this thread.
K4L30 is getting a full refund, and his mya is on it's way. All is well in the world.

GLaDOS: "You euthanised your faithful companion cube more quickly than any test subject on record. Congratulations!"
Closed Thread Share
Share with your friends on facebook