Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Re-Flavoring Zona

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old May 28th, 2008, 07:45 AM
shishaholiC
Hookah Pro

Default Re: Re-Flavoring Zona

I've done it before. It will work, but it removes all the nicotine of the leaves. Leaving you with a very shalow flavour. It lacks the deepness a good moassel has.

Cheers
Old May 28th, 2008, 11:18 AM
ZenSilk
Hookah Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by shishaholiC View Post
I've done it before. It will work, but it removes all the nicotine of the leaves. Leaving you with a very shalow flavour. It lacks the deepness a good moassel has.

Cheers
exactly, that;s how Zona already is. And that's what I'm saying, I think it would be possible to re-flavor it if i re-format the way it was flavored in the first place. If it works, it works, if it doesn't, then there's always salloum.
Old May 28th, 2008, 12:36 PM
speel
Hookah Pro

Send a message via AIM to speel

When I was making shisha .. at least my poor attempt lol, what I wanted to do was age the tobacco in the flavoring for about a month then smoke it, but i never got around to it, so maybe you could take a shot at ie.
Old May 28th, 2008, 12:43 PM
ZenSilk
Hookah Master

A month eh? hey, why not, that'll be my on-the-side job.

I gots me lotsa time too, I don't work alot these coming weeks, but I will be making alot of Mula, so i'l be at home perfecting my attempts at Tobacco flavoring and possible Moassell Creation...
Old May 28th, 2008, 03:19 PM
shishaholiC
Hookah Pro

No need to do that. I was just using washed-and-dried-out shisha, soaked it in glycerin, food flavouring and escences and let in there for a couple of hours. My last attempt was chocholate. When i smoked it, it produced the most masive clouds i've seen with minimal coal but taste excatly like the flavouring. And i say "but" because it was too "shalow". It tasted... kinda like starbuzz irsish cream, if not better. It didnt have any deepness to it.

Cheers
Old May 29th, 2008, 12:27 PM
ZenSilk
Hookah Master

I see what you mean shishaholic. That is how most Americanized style shisha is nowadays though, sadly, and I am honestly just looking to smoke this flavor. I have Desi murli and hopefully some new Syrian tobacco on the way that i can smoke when i'm looking for depth in my smoke.

But thank you for the warning, you are completely right.

The thing is, Zona is already like that. There's no coloring, but it is washed out of it's mind. So i am basicaly looking to re-vamp the formula to my own liking (hopefully making the glycerine/flavor/honey mix much more viscous.
Old May 29th, 2008, 03:11 PM
shishaholiC
Hookah Pro

SOunds like you i'll get just what you are expecting to get. Just be sure to use both food flavourings and esscences. The flavouring has both taste and smell but the smell aint strong enoung so you need to use both. I got great results with these and the flavour was REALLY chocholate but after smoking it once, its just too shalow.
You 've probably worked with glycerin before but i have to warn you again. Too litle glycering and you wont get much smoke. A bit too much and you 'll get a soappy feeling in your mouth and less taste. It's really a hit or miss.
EDIT : Forgot to tell you. If you gonna use honey make sure its not more than a couple of pea-sized drops per 50g. otherwise it gets too sticky and will never heat up to produce good smoke. Plus when you finish you 'll get a black-burnt-shisha-ball stuck to your bowl.

Cheers

Last edited by shishaholiC; May 29th, 2008 at 03:14 PM.
Old May 29th, 2008, 03:14 PM
ZenSilk
Hookah Master

Oh yes I have smoked my fair share of fusion, I know all about soapiness.
Old June 2nd, 2008, 08:04 AM
Zona's Epic
Hookah Newbie

self-admited you haven't smoked the tobacco and no i have never said everyone loves it..i would say 8 out of 10 people truly enjoy my tobacco and if you have ever spoken with me you would know I listen to the comments and reviews and try to fix and work on every aspect of my tobacco to make it better..so instead of attacking someone you know nothing about, why don't you write me an email or call me and we can talk
zonasmoke@gmail.com
please write away, maybe you could actually try my tobacco before you make a decision on it..anyways..i find that anyone who has these types of thoughts before they some my tobacco won't even give it a fair try but will smoke 15 bowls of tangiers to get it perfect..let me state clearly..i love tangiers completely, but he obviously gets a grain of salt where i don't..so i am not attacking tangiers at all..i think that tobacco is great..i am just comparing first impressions..someone will smoke mine once and never give it a fair try again..
we have been working on flavor for months and tweaking flavors as per reviews and comments to make it stronger...and i would like anyone to contact me direct if you have a question or concern about the tobacco...
thanks
arnold
Old June 2nd, 2008, 08:06 AM
Zona's Epic
Hookah Newbie

my last reply was aimed at scoop..since he has stated he never smoked it..sorry for confusion
Old June 2nd, 2008, 04:13 PM
Scoop
Hookah Guru

You misread my post Zona. I said I never tasted anything from your tobacco...meaning I've smoked it and didn't get any flavor. I really wanted to like it, you seemed like a good guy, but no flavor in the 3 I tried...i was done with it. It looked like Smiley's, smelled like Smiley's and tasted like Smiley's (or the lack of taste). While I know you aren't dealing with him anymore, it reminded me of the same crap.
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook