Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Hookah Horror Stories

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old May 28th, 2008, 07:20 PM
Rizzer
Hookah Newbie

Default Hookah Horror Stories

Basically, this thread is about anything that's gone horribly wrong while smoking. Don't know if this has been done before as I'm only new here but I thought it would be fun to read.

I'll start things off with my own.

I currently live in University halls and thought i would bring my pipe to my room so that everyone could enjoy some shisha. However, i didn't notice the extraordinary amount of smoke detectors about, but, i thought i had all my bases covered by rubber gloving the one in my room. Anyway, we get to smoking and we're all pretty chilled when suddenly (you guessed it) the fire alarm goes off and we all start panicking like bulls at a rodeo.

The pipe gets knocked over, water spilling, carpet burning kind of mayhem. I gather my senses and hid my pipe (as the firemen explore rooms) but as i was emptying the bowl out the window, it slipped and fell to its doom. I spent the rest of the night praying for my bowl in hookah heaven and worrying about what sort of fine i was going to get.

All in all a good night. On to you...
Old May 28th, 2008, 07:32 PM
ChronicHookah
Banned

Default Re: Hookah Horror Stories

I posted about this awhile back but this is funny after the fact. My father in law was smoking and reading his newspaper when his daughter comes bobarding in the room tries to step over the hose, trips over it, knocks everything over. he jumps up and with his bare hands pulls three hot coals off the carpet!
Old May 28th, 2008, 07:32 PM
larrypzlast
Hookah Enthusiast

Send a message via MSN to larrypzlast

Rofl good story bru!

I have a couple myself. I have a friend who back then wasn't that good of a friend I barely met him. Something or another happend that the hookah got pulled down. The coals were flying at him and he caught em in his hand and held em for a second or two dropped them. People started panicking. I am renown for my clutchness and lack of the ability to panic lol. I quickly take all of the coals off the carpet as people stare at my hookah and look stupid lol. Only huge burn marks remain

There was another time when I was smoking and my hose got trapped behind me and i go to sit town sends my hookah to the floor again. Once again being clutch I just popped the stem off and poured the base water all over the coals, no carpet damage there.

I have broken 1 bowl and it was when I was cleaning my stem and my harm hit it and it rolled off the counter and shattered.
Old May 28th, 2008, 07:42 PM
Carcinogen
Hookah Newbie

I had my bowl shatter, had my roommate's base shatter, had someone else's bowl shatter, AND tripped over the hose on someone's mini-hookah, sending it flying to the floor, all in the space of one week.

I have another horror story, but it's unsuitable for posting here =X
Old May 28th, 2008, 07:58 PM
sabsz
Hookah Pro

I've burnt my arm with a stray piece of coal, haha...boring.
Old May 28th, 2008, 08:46 PM
X3deadpool3x
Hookah Newbie

Send a message via AIM to X3deadpool3x

We where at the beach smoking some hookah when some drunk stupid people come running up oooo yo thats what im talking about right there yo let us get some of that...it wasn't my hookah so i had no say on what went on but long story short bad vibes in what was to be a chill relax session on the beach. Nothing worse then a good session gone to waste.
Old May 28th, 2008, 09:04 PM
PhilipHand
Hookah Nut

I've had my fair share of exploding pieces of cheap charcoal, including burning my eyes, face, arms, many different shirts, and on one occasion actually setting fire to a pair of jeans. Once I ruined a nammor hose by running boiling water through it on a whim while i was cleaning, it seized shut. I've had the luck (knock on wood) to not actually break any hookah parts, several near misses with my bowl, it falling off tables and the like, but it's survived thus far.
Old May 28th, 2008, 09:25 PM
Dunkel
Bad Motherf^&*er!

My only horror story was me dropping my bowl before a session a few days ago and the bowl hit the top of my vase and shattered it. Not too horrific but I do have to go without a hookah until it's replacement gets here probably Monday.
Old May 28th, 2008, 09:29 PM
shavedturbo
Hookah Nut

once i was smoking while laying in my bed and watching tv, some IM"ed me and i reached over to my desk, over the hookah to move the mouse...i was fine until i clicked the mouse and my inner tricep came down on the bowl and burned the $h!t out of me
Old May 28th, 2008, 10:45 PM
girlgeek
Hookah Newbie

Send a message via Yahoo to girlgeek

Sis brought over her dogs, including some new puppies. Her older dogs know how to walk around the hookah and I wasn't planning on seeing the pups so I had my glass funnel outside getting ready to smoke with sis. The pups knocked over the hookah, burned my thighs with the coal and broke the bowl.
Old May 28th, 2008, 11:06 PM
rileynason
Hookah Nut

Send a message via MSN to rileynason

i was at my ex girlfriends house a few months back and she wanted me to try her new hookah so we where sitting on her bed and she had her hookah on the table in the middle of her room i told her to put it on the floor but she was like no it will be alright so she rolls over to kiss me and the hose pulls the hookah to the floor knocking off two hot coals onto my shoes and messing up the floor.
nothing really happened to the hookah but the bowl got watter in it so i had to pack a new one...lol
Old May 28th, 2008, 11:22 PM
gary1129
Hookah Newbie

Exclamation Re: Hookah Horror Stories

well my hookah just broke and i cant afford a new one not even a mini (im helping my parents pay there bills off) hows that for a horror story
Old May 29th, 2008, 12:36 AM
Louayy
Hookah Nut

well once i had a few friends over and there were fooling around alot and one of my friends pulled the hose to hard and the whole hookah tipped at that moment everything just slowed down like something out of the matrix it was like tunnel vision lol all i could see was the hookah falling real slow but i was able to catch it but unfortunaly my rug was screwd lol
Old May 29th, 2008, 01:28 AM
Scoop
Hookah Guru

the worst thing that happened was me dropping a hookah and having it land on my bed and burning my mattress lol =/

the 20 holes in the ground aren't that bad in my opinion
Old May 29th, 2008, 03:20 AM
dmcwebd
Vendor

Send a message via MSN to dmcwebd

one evening i was smoking and making a video was using my evil probably fake KM , then i see ozzy doing something funny on my side, when i turn around and get my camera which the power cable was plugged in it, the cable get stuck on the hoses, the whole pipe gets knock down the dest, water every where, ashes, and coals on the carpet, i start to panic and even though the tongs were in front of my eyes i couldnt find it and picked up the coals with my damm fingers awww that hurts..

great times huh
Old May 29th, 2008, 03:53 AM
Scoop
Hookah Guru

lol, i hate burning my fingers. i grabbed a smoldering hot wind cover once...it was bad times for my whole hand for a while =(
Old May 29th, 2008, 04:34 PM
EpsilonX
Hookah Nut

One time we were driving in the car smoking hookah and Im holding the hookah in my lap, got three new coals on there, way hot and my friend is driving all fine, well we went through a construction area and it was night out, he hit a pothole and all the coals popped up and two landed in the tray but one went A little higher then the others and landed on the back of my hand, I went OH SHIT HOT! and flung my hand, and it landed in the back on my girl frinds thigh (she was wearing short shorts lol) and she goes OMG HOT! and flings it off her thigh, it lands under the passenger seat on the carpet and it took me like thirty seconds to get it out from under there with the tongs haha. it was bad. but the funniest part was just yesterday I was helping him detail the car and I take out the seats cuz we are going to replace the carpet, and under the passenger seat is a hole that burned through the carpet, and down into the sound deadning material. I just started laughing and was like hey! remember that one time..... haha

Last edited by EpsilonX; May 29th, 2008 at 05:07 PM. Reason: thanks scoop
Old May 29th, 2008, 05:43 PM
blckngld760
Hookah Pro

One time i brought my hookah to a friends house and we were a little buzzed so when we moved the coal to ash it, i accidently dropped it, paniced and just used my fingers to pick up the coal off the carpet...not a smart move lol. i payed for that one for weeks
Old June 1st, 2008, 03:07 AM
Juno
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Juno

A coal blew up on my desk, and now I am left with a pock-marked desk.
Old June 1st, 2008, 05:24 AM
Davis18
Hookah Nut

the other day i was trying coco nara coals for the first time....i could not get them to light right...so i was blowing and moving them around alot and I was using these big grilling tongs..forgot where i put my hookah tongs...and the coal fell threw and under my dresser....i was so afraid it burnt threw a piece of paper and left a big square burn mark on the carpet....i have not moved out my dresser to see it yet but it feels bad
Old June 1st, 2008, 05:42 AM
FURsAKeN
Hookah Enthusiast

I was putting a quicklight on my funnel bowl forgetting to let the bottom side ignite, it popped and sent hot coal bits everywhere. I peppered out brand new couch.. Sailors Wife was wicked pissed. I plan on getting a new on when I get back to the US in a year.

/root
Old June 2nd, 2008, 12:49 AM
Juno
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Juno

I was asked to smoke non-hookah tobacco using my hookah.
Old June 2nd, 2008, 03:38 AM
jayrunner89
Hookah Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to jayrunner89

first night i smoked my hookah was at party and someone knocked it off a counter i was so pissed and scared but lucky enough it was not broke
Old June 2nd, 2008, 08:42 AM
shishaholiC
Hookah Pro

LOL you guys are still amateurs. My hands became heat resistant. Only use tongues with naturals nowadays. QL's i just grab em with my hands. i've dropped way to many coals. Shuttered too many bases. Broke quite a few bowls.
My funniest story is "THE DOMINO HOOKAHS". We had 2 hookahs next to each other and quite a lot of people smoking. The hose of the taller of the two was going round when somebody pulls it hard around the second hookah. In our panic to catch it we knocked the second hookah over. BURNT : pair of trousers, many hands, a nice hole on a hose (cheap one fotrunatly)
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook