Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

MYA Hookah

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old May 29th, 2008, 12:26 AM
madklown06
Hookah Newbie

Talking MYA Hookah

I was just wondering if anyone had any opinions on MYA hookahs or have used one and how good they are.
Old May 29th, 2008, 12:28 AM
dakingkevin23
Hookah Guru

Send a message via AIM to dakingkevin23
Default Re: MYA Hookah

Mya hookahs are the best multiple hose hookahs out there,imo. They smoke relatively well. If you plan on smoking alone most of the time, i would recommend a KM, MZ, or Syrian over them though
Old May 29th, 2008, 12:30 AM
Hajo Flettner
Hookah Legend

I hate them after owning several and having not one last a year. I've had some that were no good after a few months. Overpriced, Chinese made junk.
Old May 29th, 2008, 12:42 AM
ChronicHookah
Banned

c'mon hajo, that's not true. there is alot of cheap chinese junk out there but not MYA's. if you want to compare it to an mz or km you're comparing apples to oranges. how come your would break or not last within a year? also, there are a lot of fake mya's on the market too.
finally, i may agree mya's are not meant to take a beating but you don't need to be too abusive to your hookah.
I definaetly think a mya should be part of ever hookah enthusiasts collection.
Old May 29th, 2008, 01:03 AM
KoRnKitten
Moderator Kitteh

Send a message via AIM to KoRnKitten Send a message via Yahoo to KoRnKitten

Well to answer your question asking people is a certian hookah is good/ smokes great/ etc, you are going to get a handful of people singing it's praises, and you are going to get a handful saying it's junk.

Read the reviews. Some mya's are great, and some mya's are garbage.

The new soft glass they have been using i have "heard" having breakage issues.

I have a mya qt, and a ruby red glass mya presently.
I have owned the arylic, and the orb.

I loved my acrylic and my qt when i was learning, as a beginner rig.
I hated my mya orb, and use my ruby red glass maybe 15% of the time.

Now, i love my stargate which with most of the community hates.

It's all about prefrence, and jumping in feet first and seeing what your personal smoking style is like.

GLaDOS: "You euthanised your faithful companion cube more quickly than any test subject on record. Congratulations!"
Old May 29th, 2008, 01:03 AM
Davis18
Hookah Nut

I have a MYA QT and i like it alot...great hits great sessions perfect hookah for just a session by urself just chillin out watching tv...and all mya's can be adapted to multi hose hookahs...there not big tall kms or mzs but they deff get the job done
Old May 29th, 2008, 01:22 AM
Hajo Flettner
Hookah Legend

My experience and that of a lot of people that I know is that Mya makes junk. I've owned a bunch going from QTs to the multi-hundred dollar models and not one of them lasted over a year with semi-regular use. I don't put my rigs to any great tests but I do expect them to perform well when used a couple of times a week.

Obviously they build them by the millions with slave labour and since a lot people like them clearly some of them have to be decent. Still, i've had to many stripped/shattered vases, bent/unthreadable downstems and seals that fail and mainstems that rust to ever buy another another one.

I'll stick by my view that Mya is crap as will literally dozens of narghile fans i've known.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ************* View Post
c'mon hajo, that's not true. there is alot of cheap chinese junk out there but not MYA's. if you want to compare it to an mz or km you're comparing apples to oranges. how come your would break or not last within a year? also, there are a lot of fake mya's on the market too.
finally, i may agree mya's are not meant to take a beating but you don't need to be too abusive to your hookah.
I definaetly think a mya should be part of ever hookah enthusiasts collection.
Old May 29th, 2008, 01:26 AM
Scoop
Hookah Guru

mya is crap. ive had two, common chambers are a waste of money
Old May 29th, 2008, 01:40 AM
SaraaiKar
Hookah Enthusiast

I started off with a 22" Mya. Threads on the downstem wore down after awhile, but I never minded the common chamber until I smoked from a KM. The base was fine though. I've gotten a new hookah since then and have never considered using a Mya ever since.
Old May 29th, 2008, 01:44 AM
MNH
Vendor

Send a message via AIM to MNH

I absolutely love mya hookahs, I have smoked out of them for the past two years.. Never had any problems.. They are not cheap junk hookahs..
Old May 29th, 2008, 01:47 AM
larrypzlast
Hookah Enthusiast

Send a message via MSN to larrypzlast

I have heard mixed things about em. I heard they are the best multi hosed, because they are machine built. Then I have heard that they are terrible due to their downstems turning into complete garbage after a bit of usage.
Old May 29th, 2008, 01:49 AM
Kwikwi
Hookah Guru

I think they have great looking hookahs, but never smoked out of one. The price keeps me away.
Old May 29th, 2008, 08:40 PM
wolfstar
Hookah Nut

I own a genuine Mya, it was my first hookah and it did the job but it's crap compared to my Syrians and only get's used if I need a multi hose. I'll be able to compare it to an MZ soon as well, I have one coming from John at CH.
The biggest problem with the Mya's imho isn't even the common heart it's the narrow id alluminium upper stem restricting draw and corrodes easily as it's low grade.
Old May 29th, 2008, 08:46 PM
speel
Hookah Pro

Send a message via AIM to speel

I Love my mya qt couln't of been happier, then a MZ came along with her nice curves and wide base i just had to get it lol
Old May 29th, 2008, 08:51 PM
Lakemonster
Hookah Enthusiast

JUNK

Perhaps very well gilded junk.

Ive had a problems with every MYA Ive had.....some of them were poor materials that failed.... some were manufacturing errors.... and some were simply design flaws.

I dont put money on that horse anymore.
Old May 29th, 2008, 08:55 PM
ChronicHookah
Banned

choices choices, many of us here have multiple hookahs, so it's nice to have a diverse collection. for me i can only smoke my mx36 at home, i never pack to go, but my stargate goes anywhere I do when know smoking will be involved.
Old May 29th, 2008, 09:37 PM
cigarron
Hookah Newbie

I've got four of them; three small ones (QT, Razo, Solo) and a large acrylic base. They all smoke well, seem well built for the most part and are easy to clean, save for the chamber. I tend to use the QT and Razo most often. Only complaint is the tray, which is small and less secure than I'd prefer.
Old May 30th, 2008, 08:12 AM
Sambooka
Sambooka Jr.

I have a MYA Collosus that I got from Hookah-Shisha.com and I really like it I did a video of it here ... http://youtube.com/watch?v=XdTgFHJpY94

I HAD a Mya QT and I hated it! I think it was a piece of crap, and a beyotch to clean! The stem is cast aluminum and very porous.

I like the way the Collosus looks and a few other ones, but they are not easy to clean ... although they are really beautiful.

Personally for my everyday smoker I love my (KM) Khalil Mamoon Amer

http://www.hookahpro.com - Hookah Pro Community - Hookah Forum
~Favorite Hookah~ Khalil Mamoon Amer .. (she leans, so I call her Eileen)
~Favorite Setup~ Egyptian Hookah, Vortex Bowl, Natural Coals (Exotica or Coconara)
~Current Flavor Favorites~ Ayam Zaman 1001 Nights, Hookah Freak Spiced Apple Cider, Starbuzz White Peach
Nakhla Double Apple, Nakhla Earl Grey, Nakhla Sweet Melon, Nakhla Cinnamon, Nakhla Cardamom, Nakhla Fakhfakhina Mixed Fruit, Nakhla El Basha Grape
Al Fakher Mint, Al Fakher Orange, Al Fakher Cinnamon
HookahPro.com .. powered by Elites!
Old May 30th, 2008, 12:37 PM
Hajo Flettner
Hookah Legend

I've been smoking for s few decades now and I've known literally hundreds of narghile fans and I can honestly say ten times as many people that have had a chance to try both a high quality traditional rig and one of the better myas prefers the former. Yes, exceptions exist but they are just that, exceptions.

Besides, lets be honest and note that Mya are made in a communist country and as such they are either owned or controlled by a totalitarian state. The fact is that Chinese goods are made with slave labour and when you buy stuff from the People's Republic of China you are supporting communism and slavery.
Old May 30th, 2008, 12:41 PM
ZenSilk
Hookah Master

My Mya Acrylic has lasted through abusive treatment for a good year almost now; it sits with water in it outside in the garage sometimes up to 2 weeks, no less then 5 days. It's a damn tank. And when i clean it out, it's even better.

But, by design, Mya's will NEVER be able to give you the smoke experience that an Egyptian or non-common chamber Syrian can give you.

For Multiple people that don't like to share though, you should have a Mya. And not one of those pretty Mya's, that thing'll be dead in no time.
Old May 30th, 2008, 03:07 PM
larrypzlast
Hookah Enthusiast

Send a message via MSN to larrypzlast

Well they are a little too pricey for my blood. I don't want to spend all kinds of money and have it fall apart on me. I don't know if I will ever get one. all of my money is for Syrians . Syrians will never break my heart
Old May 31st, 2008, 12:20 AM
ThorsHookah
Hookah Newbie

I own a mya pyramid and a bohemian, i will be getting a mini and a paragon in like 5 days cant wait. i personally like mya a lot. they have never let me down. its been a year so far and they are still going strong... i also have a Syrian glyph and its good but the pull is not the best. the glyph allows more smoke but i have had some iffy sessions with it, the shaft broke 3 months after i got it and i had to get a new one. my friends Km is nice but i prefer the mya, then the syrian. the mya's are easy to clean because they break apart. they are pricey though but you get what you pay for i think.
Old May 31st, 2008, 06:12 PM
Magikwyrkz4u
Hookah Nut

I have two mya's and an MZ. Out of all of them, as I learn more, and smoke more, my favorite hookah is my MZ. Just my two cents.
Old May 31st, 2008, 06:54 PM
Scoop
Hookah Guru

myas are overpriced also for what youre getting. keep price in mind, the fancy myas are not worth the price...imho.
Old June 1st, 2008, 08:46 PM
mattarios2
Hookah Newbie

Obviously everyone has a preference. Ive smoked a KM w/ my fathers friend and I liked it, but didn't really notice a diff. between that and my two MYA's. I have the following:

http://www.myasaray.com/store/item.a...PARTMENT_ID=49

and

http://www.myasaray.com/store/item.a...PARTMENT_ID=42

and they both rip like champs, clean easily, haven't had any corrosion, and the glass bases are incredibly thick, couldn't shatter it if I wanted to as far as im concerned. Don't know if they have alot of flaws and thats what all of you encountered or what, but i am incredibly happy w/ mine.

Happy smoking.
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook