Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Tangiers Lucid is here..

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old June 4th, 2008, 10:10 PM
Lakemonster
Hookah Enthusiast

Default Re: Tangiers Lucid is here..

I do hate to be the naysayer so much... but its been no secret that I have been critical of alot of Tangiers products. With reason... how many "Cant get the Tangiers to smoke threads!" have I read over the years? I never cared for the first formula. Some of the hardware he has come up with seems to have arisen in the light of ppl not getting good smokes.

The idea has been "oh, you need to buy this bowl." Well...there's been three bowls now that I was "supposed" to have purchased.

Sorry, y'all. I have no interest in paying off the "Rainmaker" for the use of the gadgets.... nor am I interested in buying the Patent Shisha when that wagon rolls into town either.
Old June 4th, 2008, 10:45 PM
abu ronin
Hookah Master

Send a message via Yahoo to abu ronin

first review of tangiers lucid has been posted!
Old June 5th, 2008, 07:42 AM
iamscott06
Hookah Nut

Send a message via AIM to iamscott06

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakemonster View Post
I do hate to be the naysayer so much... but its been no secret that I have been critical of alot of Tangiers products. With reason... how many "Cant get the Tangiers to smoke threads!" have I read over the years? I never cared for the first formula. Some of the hardware he has come up with seems to have arisen in the light of ppl not getting good smokes.

The idea has been "oh, you need to buy this bowl." Well...there's been three bowls now that I was "supposed" to have purchased.

Sorry, y'all. I have no interest in paying off the "Rainmaker" for the use of the gadgets.... nor am I interested in buying the Patent Shisha when that wagon rolls into town either.
Err whats that have to do with the Lucid Line? This thread is to discuss lucid not your failing with the regular line. The two are totally different...And you dont need to buy a special bowl for this to smoke.. Have you been reading?

Last edited by iamscott06; June 5th, 2008 at 07:46 AM.
Old June 5th, 2008, 07:45 AM
Lakemonster
Hookah Enthusiast

Yeah....read just fine.

Bottom line... no more Tangiers crap for me. Just more Snake Oil that Im not gonna buy.
Old June 5th, 2008, 09:14 AM
larrypzlast
Hookah Enthusiast

Send a message via MSN to larrypzlast

I am skeptical about tangiers and always will be. I will probably never buy either lines. The older line I don't think is worth the effort to get it smoking right. As for the washed I am currently content with other brands flavors. If its washed what makes it so different from any other shisha out there?
Old June 5th, 2008, 09:22 AM
iamscott06
Hookah Nut

Send a message via AIM to iamscott06

It can be used fresh out of the bag like any other washed tobacco, packed into a regular bowl (no tricks needed), it can smoke for 2 + hours on 15g of tobacco, non of that artificial coloring, and he uses the best base tobacco on the market. Oh yea and the Flavor is amazing. What other brands make Horchata/Kashmire? And his cocoa tastes like actual cocoa not chocolate.
Old June 5th, 2008, 09:28 AM
larrypzlast
Hookah Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamscott06 View Post
It can be used fresh out of the bag like any other washed tobacco, packed into a regular bowl (no tricks needed), it can smoke for 2 + hours on 15g of tobacco, non of that artificial coloring, and he uses the best base tobacco on the market. Oh yea and the Flavor is amazing. What other brands make Horchata/Kashmire? And his cocoa tastes like actual cocoa not chocolate.
Why would I buy the flavor horchata when I could go to my fridge and pour some in a glass lol. To each is own though. That is the beauty of brands!
Old June 5th, 2008, 09:40 AM
Dunkel
Bad Motherf^&*er!

Look guys, if I'd have known this topic was going to turn into a pissing match I would have locked it when it was first posted as an announcement.

The simple fact is that there are people that think that Tangiers is the greatest thing since the invention of the wheel, and there are certain people who have wasted good money for a shisha they couldn't get to smoke right (not necessarily their fault either). It's all a matter of a persons experience with Tangiers. I can say honestly that I have never seen a product more fiercely defended and endlessly touted as Tangiers. There is a group of people who are super fans of Tangiers. There is also a group of people who dislike Tangiers intensely. Somewhere in between a majority of people fall. Please, for crying out loud can we stop the BS about this brand? It gets old fast hearing people constantly argue, defend, and attack over 1 brand of shisha. Enough already.
Old June 5th, 2008, 09:42 AM
larrypzlast
Hookah Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunkel View Post
Look guys, if I'd have known this topic was going to turn into a pissing match I would have locked it when it was first posted as an announcement.

The simple fact is that there are people that think that Tangiers is the greatest thing since the invention of the wheel, and there are certain people who have wasted good money for a shisha they couldn't get to smoke right (not necessarily their fault either). It's all a matter of a persons experience with Tangiers. I can say honestly that I have never seen a product more fiercely defended and endlessly touted as Tangiers. There is a group of people who are super fans of Tangiers. There is also a group of people who dislike Tangiers intensely. Somewhere in between a majority of people fall. Please, for crying out loud can we stop the BS about this brand? It gets old fast hearing people constantly argue, defend, and attack over 1 brand of shisha. Enough already.

That being said, Hoooorayyyy!! Tangiers lucid is here!! I have seen only two vendors carry it thus far. I haven't been vendor browsing in a good while though.
Old June 5th, 2008, 09:48 AM
Huskysibe
Hookah Master

I like cheese
Old June 5th, 2008, 09:50 AM
MrBungle
AFNSBFLAVOUR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huskysibe View Post
I like cheese
oh yeah? who carries the cheese flavor? is it cheddar?

Old June 5th, 2008, 12:59 PM
ZenSilk
Hookah Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by larrypzlast View Post
Why would I buy the flavor horchata when I could go to my fridge and pour some in a glass lol. To each is own though. That is the beauty of brands!
Banana - I could go to my fruit bowl and pick a fresh banana instead.
Apple - " " " " " "Apple.
Vanilla - I could have vanilla ice cream
Chocolate Mint - I have a crap load of Andes mints
Strawberry - I could go to Costco and get a crap load for not too much.
Cocoa - I could eat an 82% Cocoa Bar.
Mango - I could go to Whole Foods and get a Mango
Coconut - I love Mounds bars
Margarita - I could make one in 5 minutes flat

Old June 5th, 2008, 05:04 PM
larrypzlast
Hookah Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenSilk View Post
Banana - I could go to my fruit bowl and pick a fresh banana instead.
Apple - " " " " " "Apple.
Vanilla - I could have vanilla ice cream
Chocolate Mint - I have a crap load of Andes mints
Strawberry - I could go to Costco and get a crap load for not too much.
Cocoa - I could eat an 82% Cocoa Bar.
Mango - I could go to Whole Foods and get a Mango
Coconut - I love Mounds bars
Margarita - I could make one in 5 minutes flat

Ahah I am under 21 love bananas and apples. Vanilla ice cream is gross and so are andes mints :P. We don't have a Costco. What is a 82% Cocoa bar? Mangos are gross too.
Old June 5th, 2008, 05:11 PM
Dunkel
Bad Motherf^&*er!

82% Cocoa bars are those nasty tasting "healthy" dark chocolate bars. Might as well eat baker's chocolate as to eat them. Yick LOL
Old June 5th, 2008, 05:46 PM
abu ronin
Hookah Master

Send a message via Yahoo to abu ronin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunkel View Post

dunk is right.Look,the bottom line is, if you like Tangiers, you will smoke it and if you don't, you won't!The same can be said with regards to posts.Those of us who enjoy this brand have just as much a right to discuss it as others do to discuss other brands. you're not obligated to read/respond to a thread just because it's there( unless your trying to win a free hookah!).
As for the accessories, I've noticed the majority of people that use the funnel/mod etc. tend to use them for brands other than Tangiers. So,as I see it, we should appreciate the fact that we have them.
Old June 5th, 2008, 07:40 PM
ZenSilk
Hookah Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by larrypzlast View Post
Ahah I am under 21 love bananas and apples. Vanilla ice cream is gross and so are andes mints :P. We don't have a Costco. What is a 82% Cocoa bar? Mangos are gross too.
hahaha touche'!
Old June 5th, 2008, 07:45 PM
cymptom
Hookah Newbie

So far I've tried Kashmir Cherry, Horchata, and Yellow Apple. They all rock and I'm confident that this line is ideal for those who were previously turned off by the heavy buzz or temperamental nature of the tobacco.

That being said, I did have minor issues with my first smokes of Kashmir Cherry and Horchata. I packed them like normal Tangiers and got a strange tickling feeling in the throat, something I've never experienced with Tangiers tobacco before. I'm not worried about it though. It could have been the weather (it was raining) or just the way I was packing it. Today I packed the Apple in a small bowl, lightly sprinkled under the brim and it smoked perfectly. Very impressive... still a full flavor, and almost no buzz whatsoever. It's almost bizarre.
Old June 5th, 2008, 09:41 PM
Rob416
Hookah Guru

Send a message via AIM to Rob416

Need To get me some!!!!! Stat... i need to stock up on shisha.. and ima grab me some of Tangiers
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook