Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

My Sahara Smoke Gift Package

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share
Old May 30th, 2008, 03:33 AM
Hookah Nut
Talking My Sahara Smoke Gift Package

Hey guys. I was going to do a video review, but I just couldn't find the time. So instead I'll just do an in-depth review of it here. So here it goes, my review of the gift package sent to me courtesy of Sahara Smoke and the admin team here.

By the way, I posted in here instead of the review section since this is not a review of one particular item. This is a shisha review, packaging review, and coal review, as well as a huge "thank you" to all who were a part of this.

Let me tell you a story.

Well, not long after we all saw the post about our gifts, I received mine. It was definitely a great surprise! The first thing I noticed was that nothing moved around inside the box. Everything was packed really tightly together, all padded by that big-bubble bubble wrap. Nothing was open. Nothing leaked. Nothing broken. Great packaging!

Inside this wonderfully packed box-o-goodies, I found not one, not two, not even three little shisha samples. Oh no. I found four! Four samples. For free. I must say that I was absolutely blown away! Included were:
50g of HH Pina Colada.
50g of HH Tropical Punch.
50g of HH Black Label Pomegranate.
And 100g of Hookah Freak "The Dude"
All topped off with two (count 'em, two!) rolls of Akhla quicklight charcoal. Oh, and a sticker . I couldn't wait to try them out. But sadly, I had to. I finally got around to trying some of it out yesterday. So now, a shisha review.

Brand and Flavor: Hookah Freak "The Dude"

Shisha Cut: Finely cut pieces. One of the first things I noticed. I also noticed that there are NO STEMS!! (sorry for the Barfart moment, just had to add the extra "umph".)

Hookah Type: 18" Chinese

Duration: About half an hour.

Bowl: Ceramic. Medium sized.

Foil / Screen: Two layers of aluminum foil.

Coal / Amount: Two Akhla quicklight tablets (keep reading for my take on those).

Smoke: Nice clouds. Filled my lungs.

Buzz: Non-existent.

Smell / Flavor: Couldn't place it at first, but then it came to me. Coffee. With hazelnut. The flavor wasn't as strong as it could have been, and it got harsh kind of fast, but that's not to say it's a bad flavor. Definitely a break from all the fruity-flavored tobacco floating around.

Rating (1 to 10): I'd have to say 7/10. Just because it got harsh fast and wasn't very strong tasting. Other than that, it's good. I wouldn't say that it was one of my top favorites, but definitely worth trying.

As for the coals, I'll take a dramatic pause..... and say.... They're excellent! When it comes to quicklights, I'm used to ones that, well, fail. Usually I find them hard to light, and if I do get them to light, it's not fully lit and I have to try again. But not with the Akhlas. These babies fired right up. Talk about fireworks! It must have taken less than ten seconds and a billion little tiny explosions going off all at once. They definitely provided adequate heat for the bowl, too. My one, single problem with them was that they got a little bit crumbly. When I picked one of the pieces up to ash it after a little while, it kind of crumbled into a billion pieces. But if that's all that's wrong with them, I can definitely say I will be buying these things! Good heat. Fast lighting. No taste. 10/10!

As for the sticker, I can't exactly vouch for its performance yet. Haven't "tried it out" yet. Lol.

All in all, this was a great package (and who can argue with something free, right?!)! Very generous of Johnathan at Sahara Smoke to do this kind of thing for us. And I'd like to say it feels great to be a part of a community where stuff like this happens. Johnathan, Sambooka, and everyone else who made this happen and/or is a part of this wonderful forum, I applaud you. You all deserve a standing ovation.

There will be more shisha reviews to come, since there are still three samples I haven't tried. But this will have to be all for now.

And to all of you who just endured this post-zilla, thanks for reading. Lol.

GIMP Power!

| 40" Temsah Caramana | [HOWTO] DIY Hookah Hose Hanger | Coffee Can Wind Cover |
Old May 30th, 2008, 04:27 AM
Hookah Guru
Default Re: My Sahara Smoke Gift Package

sounds you got a good deal...but does it work with a mac?
Old May 30th, 2008, 05:12 AM
Hookah Enthusiast
Send a message via MSN to larrypzlast

Mojo!!! thanks for giving a some review action on what you got. Glad to know everything went well with you. I definitely want to to try some ahklas. I have only seen one in actions and I thirst for the explosion more and more with the passing of each day :P
Old May 30th, 2008, 07:26 AM
Bad Motherf^&*er!

Hmmm Seeing your description of how "The Dude" tasted maybe it's supposed to taste like a Caucasian (White Russian for the uninformed)!
Tangiers =
Old May 30th, 2008, 07:34 AM
Sambooka Jr.

WOW Mojo, that was a really good write up, and very entertaining! Thanks for taking the time to post that ... very much appreciated!

And glad that Jonathan and the Hookah Pro Staff could get this together, and hook up the Elite Members of the Hookah Pro Community You guys/galz deserve it .. anything we can do to enhance your experience here.

http://www.hookahpro.com - Hookah Pro Community - Hookah Forum
~Favorite Hookah~ Khalil Mamoon Amer .. (she leans, so I call her Eileen)
~Favorite Setup~ Egyptian Hookah, Vortex Bowl, Natural Coals (Exotica or Coconara)
~Current Flavor Favorites~ Ayam Zaman 1001 Nights, Hookah Freak Spiced Apple Cider, Starbuzz White Peach
Nakhla Double Apple, Nakhla Earl Grey, Nakhla Sweet Melon, Nakhla Cinnamon, Nakhla Cardamom, Nakhla Fakhfakhina Mixed Fruit, Nakhla El Basha Grape
Al Fakher Mint, Al Fakher Orange, Al Fakher Cinnamon
HookahPro.com .. powered by Elites!
Old May 30th, 2008, 04:38 PM
Hookah Guru
Send a message via AIM to dakingkevin23

haha. BARFART moment.
I love the akhla's, except for the fact that they give off more smoke when lighting than a chinese hookah.
Old May 30th, 2008, 08:40 PM
Hookah Nut
Send a message via AIM to GuardianOfFreyj Send a message via Yahoo to GuardianOfFreyj

I live in Statesboro about 5 minutes from Sahara Smoke, so I've been using the akhla's for a while now, best advice I can give is light them outside. I also sometimes use my bathroom fan to suck up the smoke, but, although the coals themselves are awesome, NEVER light them around where you will be smoking. Even after the smoke dissipates, the smell of the burning coal lingers for a while, and interferes with the smoking.
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook