Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Tell Your Story of how you fell in love

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old May 30th, 2008, 03:15 PM
PakistaniMasty
Hookah Nut

Send a message via AIM to PakistaniMasty Send a message via MSN to PakistaniMasty Send a message via Yahoo to PakistaniMasty
Cool Tell Your Story of how you fell in love

[FONT=Palatino Linotype]Hello Hookah Pro Community,[/FONT]
[FONT=Palatino Linotype]This is PakistaniMasty here, I thought this would be a cool and fun topic. Ok here is where you can tell us the story of how you discovered Hookah, what made you like it, what got you addicted, the first time you tried it, your reactions everything about how you got started [/FONT]
[FONT=Palatino Linotype][/FONT]
[FONT=Palatino Linotype]Post Away!!!![/FONT]
Old May 30th, 2008, 03:20 PM
ChronicHookah
Banned

Default Re: Tell Your Story of how you fell in love

i'll start, in lebanon on a summer trip in 1995, it was available in almost every restaurant and every cafe. i experienced it at Grand Cafe overlooking the Medeterrianian, I've been hooked since.
Old May 30th, 2008, 03:22 PM
Scoop
Hookah Guru

It was my friends 18th birthday, we went to a hookah bar that just opened. That was 7 years ago. Been hooked since.
Old May 30th, 2008, 03:23 PM
PakistaniMasty
Hookah Nut

Send a message via AIM to PakistaniMasty Send a message via MSN to PakistaniMasty Send a message via Yahoo to PakistaniMasty

Hello Hookah Pro Community,
PakistaniMasty here Well The first time I tried smoking Hookah was in Pakistan back in 1988 I was a kid I do not really remember much about it. Then a couple of months I heard about this Hookah Bar so I decided to go It was about an hour away from where I live so I got there and pick out some flavors with my friends I tried it and got dizzy I dont even smoke cigs lol, so it hit me kind of hard we were there for about 2 hours and by the end of the night I was a bit used to it, A week after that I went to a friends house here sister had one so we decided to light it up again I was dizzy it made me feel a bit sick yet again I got good with it by the end of the night I smoke once a week every week for a month till I bought my own and started smoking regularly and finally got used to it lol. Then I started to look it up online and found this website wich is awsome! And now im hooked on Hookah =)
~PakistaniMasty~
Old May 30th, 2008, 03:26 PM
larrypzlast
Hookah Enthusiast

Send a message via MSN to larrypzlast

ahaha think again!!!! You were beat by two of our attentive members :P.

I found hookah when I was in Lubbock Texas. I was hanging out with some friends in the town I used to live in during christmas break (Hobbs New Mexico). It was only an hour and 1/2 away from Lubbock so we went for the day. This place had many very nice hookahs. Now that I think about it they were myas i think. They had different options in terms of pricing. 8 dollars for a bowl of "lower grade" shisha and 12 for a bowl of "high grade shisha" The low grade I think was the af lol, and the highgrade which is what we got was romman. We selected coconut. It was a VERY tasty smoke and I really loved romman for that reason but haven't had the money to afford it. So then I ordered my Social Smoke Syrian and I am smoking happily. That is my story
Old May 30th, 2008, 04:35 PM
dakingkevin23
Hookah Guru

Send a message via AIM to dakingkevin23

So.... My adventure...
i was at a friend's party, everyone was semi wasted. and i went into one of the bedrooms, and boom. out comes this thing. I thought it was a lamp or something, but it was not. It was a hookah. HOOKAH! we smoked some SB chocolate mint, and i've been pretty hooked since
Old May 30th, 2008, 04:45 PM
Kwikwi
Hookah Guru

A very good friend of mine went home to Jordan on vacation. When he came back he told me he had picked me up a little souvenir from Damascus. Turns out it was a hookah, coals, two boxes of tobacco and coal basket. It sat on a shelf for almost a year before I caught Sambookas set up video. I figured what the hell, lets try it. Nakhla Dbl Apple was the tobacco and I was instantly hooked.
Old May 30th, 2008, 06:20 PM
X3deadpool3x
Hookah Newbie

Send a message via AIM to X3deadpool3x

So about 2 weeks ago i met his guy brady who is a friend of my friend walt he got a hookah from his friend jeff who is from the middle east and once i figured out he had one i wanted to try it out...it was nakala applex2 i loved it and a week later i was in contact with john from ******* hookah now my 28" MZ horus c should be hear tomorrow im super stoked!
Old May 30th, 2008, 07:34 PM
rileynason
Hookah Nut

Send a message via MSN to rileynason

my first time trying hookah was at my friend zacs house . it was a pretty nasty used hookah that my friend cameron bought a hour before from a friend of his we tried al amir grape mint and Mellon i liked it so much i went out and bought my own a week later... and ive been doing it ever since !!!
Old May 30th, 2008, 07:37 PM
EpsilonX
Hookah Nut

I discovered hookah about a year ago, went into a hookah bar with some friends, and since then we would go one night a week and just smoke hookah, just a few days ago I finally bought myself a hookah.
Old May 30th, 2008, 10:24 PM
Zech Lyter
Hookah Nut

Send a message via AIM to Zech Lyter

Well, sad to say, I was drunk as a skunk the first time I tried hookah. a few of my friends go to PennState. So me and my one buddy decided to go see basketball game one night. So after the game, I called my one friend, he said he was having a party. So any way. after drinking and getting all drunk. they pulled out this hookah. I took some puffs, and held on to that hose the rest of the night. the next week. I bought a hookah. The end.
Old May 30th, 2008, 10:49 PM
poupee
Hookah Newbie

I love this topic. My first experience with hookah was 4 years ago. I tried it at a friend house and fall in love with it.
Old May 31st, 2008, 06:29 PM
Magikwyrkz4u
Hookah Nut

My first experience with hookah was on a vacation in San Diego, California. I went by the bar on the way to my hotel, and thought man, I have always wanted to try smoking hookah. I was staying in Ocean Beach in San Diego, and the name of the bar I believe was called Sinbad's.

Well, anyway, a day or so later, I went in and walked in and looked around like a newbie, when someone came up and asked me if they could help me. I explained that I was new, and therefore, they told me what they had, and what flavors I might like as a first go.

I then purchased the tobacco and they set it up for me. I had a very enjoyable smoke for the first time. It was nice being able to smell the ocean in the background and know that the waves were rolling. All in all, it was a really excellent experience into the world of hookah.

Thereafter, I went and bought an egyptian hookah, and smoked occasionally from it. However, when my roommates cousin came to live with us, she smoked pretty regularly. So, thanks to her, I have now become a more regular smoker, and a hookah whore...hahaha....

This has all lead me to this website, which I very much enjoy being a part of. It feels like home....and everyone is so helpful.

I am very happy that Sambooka started this website, and that there are a good group of people here. I have gone to a few other hookah websites, but none compares to this one in my humble opinion.

Magikwyrkz4u

Last edited by Magikwyrkz4u; May 31st, 2008 at 06:32 PM.
Old May 31st, 2008, 06:44 PM
Davis18
Hookah Nut

this site and watching youtube videos made me want to try hookah for myself...i live in a pretty small town and i do not know of any hookah bars around here so i decided to make a purchase and try it out....and soon after I fell in love with it
Old May 31st, 2008, 06:47 PM
masteripis
Hookah Nut

3 years ago, my friends brought me to a local hookah bar here in jersey (before the anti smoking laws .... grrr). While we were there, we tried mango, i believe. it was awesome. i had been smoking cigars for several years prior and the difference in taste and smoothness were addicting (although i never gave up my love of cigars).

about a week after going to that lounge, i started working on my first homemade hookah, building it out of some pipes, a shot glass, a decanter, and cork. it worked well. a couple months later, a cousin of mine found out i enjoy hookah and he sent me one that he had picked up in qatar. he also sent over some af strawberry, double apple, and mint. from there, it's been love ever since. i've smoked on and off, but always fully enjoy it!
Old May 31st, 2008, 07:56 PM
starcuzz
Hookah Newbie

the luxor cafe in union square (nyu)...
a rose/jasmine hookah with mamoon's falafel...

it was a perfect experience.
Old May 31st, 2008, 10:57 PM
Gift3d
Hookah Nut

I was at a friends house spending the night with him and his girlfriend. I knew he had a hookah, but at the time i didn't have much of a clue what it was. So i was like hey, let me try that hookah thing, so he set it all up as i watched having no idea what was going on really. So next thing you know, me, my friend, his girlfriend, and his sister are all sitting around the TV smoking hookah and playing halo having a good ass time. We smoked through about 3-4 coals in a row that night.

A couple weeks later i headed down to the Atlantic City Boardwalk and got myself my first hookah which i still have.
Old May 31st, 2008, 11:33 PM
cemab4y
Hookah Nut

Send a message via MSN to cemab4y

I had always been fascinated by hookah. When I moved to Saudi Arabia in 1997, I visited a marvelous outdoor hookah shop in Riyadh. The Yemeni man who ran the place was delighted to have an American in his store. I bought the whole set-up, hookah, bowls, tobacco, coals, and I tried it. I enjoyed it right away, but found it harsh. I got used to the smoke in a couple of weeks. (Keep in mind, I was 43, and I had never smoked cigarettes before).
Old June 1st, 2008, 01:02 AM
texashookah
**~ Supporting Vendor ~**

First time was as a Freshman in college. Walked into a party with a few friends and saw this crazy contraption and had no idea what it was. Someone said try it, and next thing you know I'm buying my first hookah on EBAY the next day. Upgraded to many different hookah after that, but yeah good times.
Old June 1st, 2008, 02:58 AM
Juno
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Juno

I invented the hookah.
Old June 1st, 2008, 05:27 AM
krampi
Hookah Pro

Send a message via MSN to krampi

It was about 5 years ago, I was in Egypt with my family, and with our friends. We were on a one day quad-tour in the desert. It was phenomenal. Just driving through the nothing. About 1 pm. we had a stop in a beduin village where we had a lunch, some cold drinks, and after this u could try the waterpipe if u wanted to For sure i wanted (i was 15 at that time ). Fortunately they thought on that we are tourists, so there was some strawwbery shisha in the bowl as I can remember. It was a really good experience for me. After this I wanted to buy a hookah for myself, but my mother didn't allowed it because of my age In this year my best friend was in Egypt too and they bought a hookah for themselves. So sometimes we smoked it, but in the past 2 years i don't think so. After this, about half a year ago I saw some hookah vids on youtube, and after that I found Sambooka's and dmc's videos. I watched them all and after a few days I ordered my own hookah. Since than I found my second love
Old June 1st, 2008, 05:38 AM
FURsAKeN
Hookah Enthusiast

Temecula, California / April 10, 2007
Sailors Wife and I had gotten married, and the next day she wanted to take me to a hookah bar. I was very hesitant and kinda showing contempt towards being dragged to go smoke, because at the time I hated the idea of smoking. She dragged me the something "Rose" and put me infront of a fire pit and left to get the hookah. I just remember looking at it pissed off and not willing to try, but after Sailors Wife took a few drags and talked about the flavor of Kiwi-Strawberry, my mind rolled with "I-I-I like Kiwi..". I took the hose from her and took my first hit, it was delicious and extremely delightful. Right then and there I found the second love of my life. Sailors Wife still brags to this day about it was her doing that gave me this hobby. lol

/root
Old June 1st, 2008, 02:17 PM
leadpipecinch
Hookah Newbie

for my 18th birthday my buddy said he was taking me to a bar. i had no idea what the hell he was talking about, since i couldn't drink...maybe a dive? anyways, we rolled up to this place that looked kinda shady outside, walked in and was greeted by the sight of 15 or so tables, mostly empty, with a couple older people puffing on something that smelled delicious. anyways, we sat down, ordered some food(mmm, kebabs), and for "desert" he grabbed us a hookah. i really had no idea what it was, but once he told me to take a puff, i was instantly hooked. nakhla double apple was my first smoke, and definitely an awesome start to the world of hookah.
Old June 4th, 2008, 01:51 PM
swawesome
Hookah Nut

I first tried hookah like august of last year. I kept hearing about it so I went to my cousin's apt to try it out one night. Not that great of a hookah experience in retro spect. The shisha was pretty old and we have some leakage problems at first. I liked it alright and ended up going to a hookah bar in austin called smoke n' o's with some friends one night. It was 10 times better than my actual first experience. But that's deffinitely what got me hooked!
Old September 2nd, 2008, 11:39 AM
jeech
Hookah Newbie

It was over the last Christmas break. My buddy (who at the time lived in arkansas but his family lived in Dallas) came down to dallas and had me over for a few days. The first night we were talking about pipes (I smoke a pipe) and he brought up hookah. After explaining it to me I said "man I wanna try that!" So he ran inside and got a sports bottle and then pulled out a rubber stopper with a metal pipe running through it and some clear tubing and set it up. It was Al Waha orange and I loved it! It was the first time I had ever gotten a buzz and it felt kind of weird. Then I met this guy that was an intern for my dad over this summer and we went to a hookah bar a few times together. Finally this week I gave in to the temptation and bought a hookah from hookah-shisha (I live in their area). I can't wait for it to get here...
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook