Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Tell Your Story of how you fell in love

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old September 2nd, 2008, 11:47 AM
mgaffar
Hookah Nut

Default Re: Tell Your Story of how you fell in love

When i was a kid, one of my friends dad had a hookah, he sneaked it out of the house and we smoked it in a park, ever since then ive been hooked.
Old September 2nd, 2008, 12:01 PM
tzighy
Hookah Nut

Send a message via Yahoo to tzighy

an year and a half ago a friend of mine invited me to this cafe where they had hookah. i was totally against any kind of tobacco and stuff so it wasn't till he insisted for 20 minutes that i took my first puff. Out of pride i stood like 5 minutes without wanting any more, but i was hooked already. another 5 minutes later i wasn't going to let the hose slip my hands for even one second. nakhla strawberry, it was. love at the first puff.
Old September 2nd, 2008, 02:59 PM
FarBeyondDriven
Hookah Pro

Send a message via MSN to FarBeyondDriven Send a message via Yahoo to FarBeyondDriven Send a message via Skype™ to FarBeyondDriven

When I was a little young man, my father brought two Nour Syrians back from Allepo, Syria. I was just a little kid, so I had no clue what they were, I only knew they weren't for me to play with. So years and years pass and Mom and Dad split up. I was on the computer one night and my American friend Jay asks me one day, "Mohamed do you smoke hookah?" I had no clue what he meant. I say to him, "What this means hookah?" And he explained it to me and showed me a picture on the computer and I say to him, "Ohhhhh my father had two of those. I would like to try it." So as some of you know I just recently bought a Mya Bambino and a Nour Syrian. I smoke hookah several times each day and I'm hooked now
Old September 2nd, 2008, 04:22 PM
shishasmoke1904
Hookah Nut

when i was a freshman in high school, friend had a shitty pumpkin and we would smoke together
Old September 2nd, 2008, 04:37 PM
zbanu
Hookah Nut

I loved the sight of hookahs from the first time I saw them. My gf bought a pumpkin for decoration and we said might as well give it a try. Watched some vids on utube and got a cheap chinese for smoking only and loved it.

I stopped smoking the chinese now cos it started to rust -.-
Old September 2nd, 2008, 05:04 PM
ridah626
Hookah Newbie

oh snap fun thread! haha. it started when my parents went out of town when my friend (who goes by mellow on the board) introduced me to hookah. i think the first flavor we tried was nahkla chocolate mint. after that i started gradually smoking a little bit more and here i am haha
Old September 2nd, 2008, 06:56 PM
nycgangsta00069
Hookah Newbie

Nice topic =D, anyways my story starts about a year ago, one of my persian friends that i used to hang out with everyday set up his hookah with double apple, we smoked it for like an hour or so and i loved it. Well i dont really hang out with him anymore, but i have gotten so many people addicted to hookah lol, my backyard is pretty much hookah bar.

Everyday after school me and a few people smoke in the backyard for 2+ hours, sometimes on the weekends if there isnt anything going on ill have like 15 people over my house smoking =p. i love it
Old September 2nd, 2008, 10:10 PM
yeags777
Hookah Pro

well, I was at my friends poker party and I was just chillin. I did get to meet her once I get there but never said much the rest of the night. I found her myspace page and sent her a message, and the rest is history....

ohhhhh you mean hookah...

a new friend I made is big into hookah so he pretty much got me hooked. Dinner at his house on a Friday night, celebrating sabbath. I am not jewish, but I was just there to support and eat and hang out.
________
Premiere

Last edited by yeags777; February 4th, 2011 at 12:58 AM.
Old September 3rd, 2008, 04:44 AM
Murkmastur
Hookah Nut

Send a message via MSN to Murkmastur Send a message via Yahoo to Murkmastur

When I first heard about hookah, I was watching some videos on youtube, and this guy posted a video of himself smoking one and talking about it, and how interesting it is. I didn't think I'd ever get to try it at the time but a year later I went into town to buy some cigars for me and my buddies in the local shop when suddenly I spotted all these hookah's in the back. At the time I was like "hey cool...hookahs..neat". Still not convinced I can get into it yet..a week later I visit some friends and they're smoking some grape shisha, so they let me have a try..Man, it was awesome! Great taste, smooth smoke, easy to take a lung full, awesome buzz!..so I run out and get one a few days later (shitty disco pumpkin) after a little more online research and buy a bunch of shisha with it. I packed some Berry AF and set everything up.. and had the most relaxing smoking session ever. I've been hooked ever since.
Old September 3rd, 2008, 10:59 PM
Kalkail
Hookah Nut

The affair started with a Egyptian basement lounge on the Bowery bout a decade ago. Dizzy nights full of doumbek beats and thick smoke. After that I would come across them at groove festivals and such. Finally I decided to get one of my own since all the ones I came across at shops just did not seem like the right fit. Thank goodness for HP and the rest of the Internet.
Old September 3rd, 2008, 11:05 PM
Liszt
Hookah Pro

I saw a picture of my grandfather when i was younger over in Jordan sitting around with his family smoking hookah. He sent handcrafted hookahs from Jordan to everyone in the family, and i just thought it was a fancy vase and the hose was to put water in. When i went to the local cigar shop when i turned 18, i saw a bunch of hookahs at his shop, smoked one, got hooked, and here i am.

Romman Double Apple, for some reason the first bowl i had contained NO anise, it was the greatest flavor ever. I can never get it to taste like that again =(
Old September 3rd, 2008, 11:51 PM
dakingkevin23
Hookah Guru

Send a message via AIM to dakingkevin23

So I was chilling in the school parking lot after schol, and I met this nice looking girl that walked by...I offered to ride her home
haha
I was at a party, and there was hookah. The hose was calling for me, I swear!
Old September 4th, 2008, 12:04 AM
Sykotik
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Sykotik Send a message via MSN to Sykotik Send a message via Yahoo to Sykotik

being raised in a middle eastern family, Hookah wasn't as big a deal as an average family would make it. I grew up around it, never touched it when i was young. Than i tried it whan i was 13. Than i went to lebanon for 3 months with my dad and they had it there. So i started smoking a bit there in the mountains...i loved it..

come home, and my mom had bought 2 while i was gone...So thats where/how it started
Old September 4th, 2008, 08:17 AM
mix_tape
Hookah Newbie

4 years ago my friends and I discovered a hookah bar and we thought it was cool to smoke flavored tobacco. After a year of going every other day me and a friend both purchased cheap Chinese hookahs, since then I've bought a slightly better hookah and its the only tobacco I smoke.
Old September 5th, 2008, 02:07 PM
solo_one87
Hookah Nut

Send a message via AIM to solo_one87 Send a message via Yahoo to solo_one87

i just fell into it i love smoking its awesome to do and yea i seen one and had to have it
Old September 10th, 2008, 01:49 AM
chartwar02
Hookah Newbie

My dad went to Egypt for the military and brought a hookah back. At the time I had no idea what it was. I thought it was just some weird art piece and he never said anything about it. I wasn't curious about it at the time either. When he was in Egypt that's when he discovered hookah. He bought one for himself and brought it back. He never got to use it however...
A few years later, my friend/coworker bought one for his birthday and wanted me to come to his party and break it in. I felt very strong against smoking at the time but I said I'd at least come to his party. Well, after a few drinks i lighten up a bit. They brought out the hookah and got it lit up. I can't even describe what was going through my thoughts. I think before hand I was more afraid of getting addicted. Well, I am addicted but I only smoke it when I throw a party, which is very often!
After that night, I asked my dad about his hookah. I asked if I could use it and he said yeah but you have to smoke it with me first. I guess he wanted to make sure I knew how to use it because after our session he gave it to me!
Old September 10th, 2008, 03:54 AM
JtWo
Hookah Newbie

about 4 years ago I went to a buddies party and they had a rig on the middle of a covered up pool table. It was only a 1 hose. I remember i just started smoking cigs, so I was unsure of what it was. They kept telling me to try it and i was pretty hesitant, because i was unsure of what it was. I ended up trying it and loved it. I don't remember exactly what flavor it was, but it was fruity. I've been smoking shisha since. I even quit cigs because of it recently.
Old September 10th, 2008, 04:10 AM
The Egyptian
Hookah Enthusiast

Ramsis Hilton Cafe, 1999 winter break. A friend was smoking one and I thought what the hell, ordered one and smoked it !
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook