Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Broken KM base :(

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share
Old May 31st, 2008, 08:34 AM
Hookah Pro
Send a message via Yahoo to CPill
Default Broken KM base :(

To start off, in my **measely** defense, the seal between the base and stem of my KM was REALLY REALLY effin tight. So carrying it by the stem (even with water in the base) didn't bother me and the two NEVER separated...

So on Thursday night, less than a week after purchase, i was carrying my hookah to my car to go have a smoke session at a friends house and right after picking it up by the stem, the base slipped off and smashed! sad day
I definately kicked myself bcz carrying a hookah by the stem is ALWAYS a no no, i know that, but i was an idiot, granted.

Thankfully though, i have an awesome older brother, and he went out last night and bought me a new one. an identical base thankfully, cause the blue base w/ silver accents dont really look as aesthetically pleasing w/ the green insert on the stem that the clear base w/ gold accent.

Lol and in the process we also picked up a 4 hose chinese hookah w/ a rotating base and LED's under the base (which i will review momentarily).

I WAS very sad, but am happy now ^_^

Anyone else have a mental lapse and either drop, or drop AND smash, the base to their hookah??
Attached Thumbnails
Chinese 4 hose rotator.jpg   KM 1 hose.jpg  
Old May 31st, 2008, 11:53 AM
Hookah Guru
Default Re: Broken KM base :(

Sweet looking rigs. Thankfully I haven't had anything like that happen to a vase. I have however opened a bowl to clean it without thinking. I had just finishd and the tobacco was still smoking. It didn't survive the toss
Old May 31st, 2008, 12:42 PM
Hookah Enthusiast
Send a message via MSN to larrypzlast

I havent done anything like this yet except with a bowl. I was cleaning my hookah and it was sitting towards the edge of my counter and I bumped it and sent it crashing to the ground. Needless to say that bowl was done.
Old May 31st, 2008, 01:40 PM
Hookah Guru

yeah, i yell at everyone who tries to carry hookahs by the stems. ive never had it happen to me, but i have seen it and it makes me cry =(
Old May 31st, 2008, 06:39 PM
Hookah Pro
Send a message via Yahoo to CPill

I'm good friends with the owner of a pool hall/hookah lounge in Phx, AZ and nearly every day that i'm there, one of the hookahs get broken people kicking tables on accident, pulling hoses too far, grabbing by the stem, etc. The sound of a breaking base is heart wrenching i've actually never had a bowl break though.
Old May 31st, 2008, 08:44 PM

I broke my first one 3 days after i had it but fortunately the entire hookah was 35$ and i wanted to get a new one anyways.
Old May 31st, 2008, 09:23 PM
Hookah Nut

i was carrying my km last night to my deck by the stem and then thought this isnt probably a good idea. good thing i thought about it or id have a very upset group of friends and id be pissed
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook