Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Swift_Lite QLs WTF ?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share
Old June 4th, 2008, 07:51 PM
Send a message via AIM to Martello
Default Swift_Lite QLs WTF ?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Ok there is something really wrong with these coals. Honestly, Im not sure if it is a possible lack of experience with QLs or if there is a problem but this is all a first for me.

When the coals were lit and I was walking them toward the hookah, a strong smell of ammonia hit me; I put the coals as close to my nose as I could and took a whiff, almost floored me. In Strongman we use smelling salts to get pumped for a hard lift so I am pretty formilar. Hit me just like that.

Halfway though smoking (I have no idea why I talked myself into that being ok) I decided to throw the coal in water to put them out. An extremely heavy smell of sulfur filled my living room. Enough to make two people choke and cough in a 30X40 foot room.

[FONT=&quot]Is that normal[/FONT]
Old June 4th, 2008, 08:06 PM
Hookah Guru
Default Re: Swift_Lite QLs WTF ?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

ive noticed all coals smell like sh*t when you drop them in water. most coals do infact contain sulphur and the better ones don.t. The golden canary ones contain no sulphur i believe. i'm pretty sure most if not all quick lights contain sulphur.

there are extra chemikills in the quick lights (accelerants to help it start) , i tend not to use them, they make the bowl taste strange for me.
Old June 4th, 2008, 09:02 PM
Hookah Nut

The big thing with quicklites is to make sure that the coal has completely ashed over before you put it on the bowl. The whole thing needs to be white/glowing red, or else you'll get the taste of the accelerant in your smoke. All QLs will smell when lighting, however, and in my experience most will smell if you douse them in water.

It's also possible that swiftlites are really crappy coals. Crappy quicklites are really not worth smoking with, but if you stick to the better brands (akhla, 3k, golden, etc.), they're really convenient and a good smoke.
Old June 4th, 2008, 09:16 PM
**~ Supporting Vendor ~**

I personally recommend the Three Kings for quicklites. I've also had good luck with the Soex quicklites but they tend to ash a lot more than Three Kings.
Old June 5th, 2008, 04:29 AM
Hookah Nut

What Bassism said...make sure that the coals are fully ashed over before you throw them on top of your bowl. I use Swift-Lite QL's most of the time myself (because theres not much variety in my country) and even though I have no clue how they compare to other more popular QL's around here, they work well as long as most of the chemicals have burnt off.
Old June 5th, 2008, 07:50 AM
Hookah Nut

Quick Lite exploded in my face! And always gives me a headache when I use it. I mean its not just a slight buzz but full blown brain-pounding headache. I think it might be Carbon Monoxide poisioning but who knows. Recently I began using a brand called Mera, and I don't get the same problems as QL, but still not ideal.
Old June 5th, 2008, 08:14 AM
Send a message via MSN to dmcwebd

swift lite is bad, but the smell is normal for that brand, when u light it up it will smell bad
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook