Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Does size really matter?

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old June 6th, 2008, 06:43 AM
shishaholiC
Hookah Pro

Default Re: Does size really matter?

try smoking from a 40" hookah and then from a 22 inch. I tried it. I transfered the bowl from my collosus to my 22" lebanese (cz i was putting a new flavour on the 40"). The difference was def. noticable. Same bowl and coals exactly, tap water, same hose, both with windcover. Just on a smaller hookah. The smoke was a bit "hotter", i cant say harsher cz it wasnt harsh but not as smooth and cool to the mouth.
Old June 6th, 2008, 09:29 AM
swawesome
Hookah Nut

But if you use ice then wouldn't it eliminate that difference? I've gotten nice, cool, tasty smoke from a small hookah before. last night in fact!
Old June 6th, 2008, 04:19 PM
shavedturbo
Hookah Nut

if you are going to compare a short hookah to a longer one in an experiment like you say you did shishaholic, you have to use the same base, hose, bowl, shisha, and coals. the only thing you change is the stem.

I have smoked my mya which unscrews into 4 pieces for cleaning purposes, but you can smoke it with only one piece of the stem at a short height and it smoked the exact same.
Old June 6th, 2008, 04:52 PM
shishaholiC
Hookah Pro

I own a collosus. I can smoke it either as a 40" or a 26". Same base, same hose same everything. But i never tried smoking the same bowl with both configs for direect comparions. There defenately is a difference but its not noticable unless your looking for it cz the base is also the same.
Also bigger hookah aint just the stem. Usually bigger hookahs have bigger bases and wider tubing. My 22" doesnt have as wide stem as my 28" or the collosus. Also the bsae holds about 1/3 of the water.
I 've been smoking for the last 4 years everyday and i 've build some impressions. the might be wrong but thats what i learned over the years. I now own 7 or 8 hookahs (from a 7" handheld to a 40" collosus) and i really believe there is difference between heights unless you have an absolutelty perfect bowl and shisha with perfect heat managment (almost impossible).
Cheers
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook