Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

The Police State and My Narghile

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old December 1st, 2009, 12:19 AM
hookahstore
Vendor

Default Re: The Police State and My Narghile

I wouldn't mind hearing what happened either.
Sounds like a horrible experience.
Old December 1st, 2009, 01:07 AM
bpetruzzo
Hookah Pro

Send a message via AIM to bpetruzzo Send a message via Skype™ to bpetruzzo

EDIT: Didn't realize this was an old thread. I too am interested in the outcome, if any.

[quote=KoRnKitten;3531]ok- Here's my opinion on what you should do:

1. CALL THE POLICE CHIEF RIGHT AWAY DEMAND IT OR PERSONALLY WALK IN THERE (IN PERSON IS MUCH BETTER)
2.tell him what happened, you had a permit yadda yadda , that your vehicles were searched without your permission and without probable cause
3. tell him you were allowed no phone calls
4. demand to know the names of the officers and their badge numbers.
5. if he does not reprimand the officers, give you back ALL of your stuff including cars, hookahs, etc you will go to the paper and also get an attorney.
6 also get the dispatchers name and badge number.

If he doesn't then he's screwed. No officer is allowed to "make and arrest" without informing the dispatchers. so there is ALWAYS a paper trail... and if they were in the wrong (which is sounds like it...then they're FUCKED...)

AsK public records for a copy of ALL dispatching RECORDINGS between the officer and the dispatcher in regards to your case, ask for the CAD file%

Last edited by KoRnKitten; May 5th, 2010 at 10:28 PM.
Old December 1st, 2009, 01:42 AM
chain
Hookah Pro

you can put me on the interested in what happened list as well. this is quite intriguing. while i may be two years late i'm sorry this happened to you Hajo
Old December 1st, 2009, 06:05 PM
Hajo Flettner
Hookah Legend

Wow, been a while since I thought about that whole incident but basically what happened is that I got most of stuff back as did everyone that was with me. We settled out of court with the cops and they coughed up all the stuff they took. Not much happened in terms of punishing anyone since the cops had no badge numbers visible the lawyers told us we didn't have much chance of winning in court. Anyhow, i've been out of states for a while now and I am happier for it.
Old December 1st, 2009, 06:26 PM
thefaded
Hookah Pro

Well I'm glad to hear you got your stuff back, but sad that the cops didn't have to pay for roughing you up needlessly. Sorry you had such a bad time in the US - we're not usually that bad.
Old December 1st, 2009, 06:37 PM
Hajo Flettner
Hookah Legend

Oh don't get me wrong about the U.S. I loved the South West and the deep South once you got away from the big cities. I have lots of American friends and I had even started a family in the states whom are now long dead. Rural & small town America suits me pretty well although I had pretty bad experiences with the government on the national level I don't have much to complain about from a personal standpoint for the most part.
Old December 1st, 2009, 07:05 PM
bpetruzzo
Hookah Pro

Send a message via AIM to bpetruzzo Send a message via Skype™ to bpetruzzo

Wait, there was something in that last post that I think might need some further explaination.
Old December 1st, 2009, 07:39 PM
thefaded
Hookah Pro

I agree. Maybe it was a typo?
Old December 1st, 2009, 08:24 PM
Hayter
Hookah Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hajo Flettner View Post
I had even started a family in the states whom are now long dead.
BUH
Old December 2nd, 2009, 01:05 AM
Hajo Flettner
Hookah Legend

Oh, the family thing is something I think about a lot especially when I get a bone or skin graft like I did just yesterday so my thoughts drift back to where I rather they not be. Basically a drunk driver wiped out my wife and children about 8 years back and it still bothers me. My first family was lost in a far worse way after the war and that tears at me every day. Sometimes it's all to much. Anyway, sorry I mentioned it I just get that way at times like this.
Old December 2nd, 2009, 01:23 AM
D-Szlos
Hookah Pro

Quote:
Oh, the family thing is something I think about a lot especially when I get a bone or skin graft like I did just yesterday so my thoughts drift back to where I rather they not be. Basically a drunk driver wiped out my wife and children about 8 years back and it still bothers me. My first family was lost in a far worse way after the war and that tears at me every day. Sometimes it's all to much. Anyway, sorry I mentioned it I just get that way at times like this.

I feel your pain i lost my parents to a drunk driver 6 years ago... you never totally get over that kinda thing.
Old December 2nd, 2009, 01:48 AM
Sui
Hookah Enthusiast

Quote:
Hello Sam. I know that I shouldn't condemn the whole country as a lot of good people live here but I've grown very unhappy with American pop culture and way things have been heading in general. I've lived in a lot of countries and given that several of them have suited me perhaps America and I should part company. Maybe i'm just pissed and all this will fade. In any case I plan on heading to court.

My own town is a pretty nice place to live if one overlooks the poverty and crime. Certainly the land is wonderful to look at and the food is good so I can't complain too much about my surroundings.
Pfft you have total right imo, America is a horrible country to live in. I say that knowing that the people who live here are good and decent people but the people who govern our lives are horrible hypocrites that feed on hate and fear.
Old December 2nd, 2009, 03:23 AM
kalutika
Mad Alchemist

Quote:
Anyway, sorry I mentioned it I just get that way at times like this.
No worries man. It's understandable. I would be concerned if you did not.
Old December 2nd, 2009, 03:55 AM
Sykotik
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Sykotik Send a message via MSN to Sykotik Send a message via Yahoo to Sykotik

I.. cant even describe the words that i want to say right now...

How could an officer representing the "Law" act so idiotic.

I was at the lake once and i guess the 'Owner' of the lake saw me smoking hookah, he walks up to me and says "You need to put away you're (NHR Object)"

I looked at the guy like hes an idiot, as did my friends. I told him its a Hookah and he said, Hookah, (NHT Object), I dont care, you gotta put it away. So instead of causing a scene and chewing him out, i just put away my little pumpkin hookah and pissed in his lake.

Pisses me off when people are so uneducated about other peoples lifestyles and believe what the media says. I like cops when they help, not when they abuse their powers. I have some relatives in the police department (Chicago) and he took me on a tour in the station, i met the Chief and other cops, seemed real nice. But...still...

That annoys the shit out of me Hajo... I hope you're enjoying your stay wherever you are!
Old December 2nd, 2009, 03:51 PM
Hajo Flettner
Hookah Legend

For the most part I didn't really have any trouble with American police. Once a cop thought that my cavendish was sort of illegal something or other and tested it in a little vial and decided that it was o.k. For the most part I saw American police as inept and lazy rather then as aggressive. The mainstream of American culture never suited me but in the end what made me leave was some legal stuff with the national government. In the end life in Lithuania is much better but I spend so little time there that I starting to feel more like a perpetual tourist. I also have a little flat on Arwad island (owned by Syria) and the locals are great and the life style is pretty good although I only am there about a month out of the year so I can't say I really get local life. Not knowing Arabic doesn't help but oddly it seems that I run into English speakers all the time.

The thing I miss most about America is some of the South/South West foods and Moxie soda. The good news is that I have friends that get me Hatch green chile and pasole so it works out pretty.
Old December 2nd, 2009, 06:35 PM
merchantofmenac
Hookah Nut

if they don't have probably cause...they shouldn't be searching your car...period...get a good lawyer and sue the hell outta them.....i've gone through somthing like this with cops here in Canada and unfortunatley getting your stuff back is a b!tch...good luck Hajo.
Old December 2nd, 2009, 08:24 PM
thefaded
Hookah Pro

mm.. hatch green chiles are delicioso!
Old December 2nd, 2009, 09:12 PM
confuciusFinn
Hookah Newbie

Location: Cincinnati, OH, in the summer, Springfield, OH, during the school term

For better or worse I always assume that a cop is going to be a dick with me. Most of the time--as mentioned by several other people--as long as you are forceful and know your rights they really shouldn't have done what they did. Cops like to abuse their power as they know that 90% of citizens don't know how little cops can actually do. I am confident that any lawyer worth his salt will be able to nail these scumbags. On the other hand even if you win your case, that feeling of mistrust and even hatred towards the five o will linger. You're just lucky they didn't smash the hookah on site as if they claim in to be paraphernalia they can do that. Best of luck to you and I hope you don't run into those assholes again.
Old December 2nd, 2009, 09:35 PM
bradedup
Hookah Master

EDIT: nvm didnt see the second page
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook