Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

PimpYourHookah order help

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old June 12th, 2008, 07:26 PM
Dunkel
Bad Motherf^&*er!

Default Re: PimpYourHookah order help

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoRnKitten View Post
Well PYH has been on since this thread was started..... has he tried to make contact with anyone?
Yes. He posted a new topic about it. Here's the link...

http://www.hookahpro.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4567
Old June 12th, 2008, 07:41 PM
KoRnKitten
Moderator Kitteh

Send a message via AIM to KoRnKitten Send a message via Yahoo to KoRnKitten

DUH- sorry. I thought I saw that, but then I must have over looked it. Drunk surfing at it's finest I thought I dreamed a post!

GLaDOS: "You euthanised your faithful companion cube more quickly than any test subject on record. Congratulations!"
Old June 12th, 2008, 10:46 PM
PhilipHand
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegloo View Post
i just got my order status changed to shipped too. PhilipHand, do you know if it's shipped through usps? On my order it says UPS.
yeah, it was ups, i just assumed since that was the original shipping medium that it was usps it would still be; my bad.
Old June 13th, 2008, 05:00 PM
vegloo
Hookah Nut

hey i just got my hookah. i took it out of the box, everything seemed good but i saw the base was chipped in 2 different places and it didn't come with a bowl. Anyone who ordered from here before, not get a bowl too? thanks.
Old June 14th, 2008, 08:09 PM
areyousmokinyet
Hookah Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martello View Post
How long ago were you charged already?
it's been 10 days since the charge went through on my credit card. I've left multiple messages, talked to the operator at StarBuzz, and sent a PM on here. Nothing.

Sambooka sent my email to Bilal, so he has that too.

I'm starting to get really pissed off that I haven't even received a confirmation email of my order and I've ALREADy been charged. I'm not even asking for the hookah, just some communication!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hookahpimp View Post
...the orders that I did receive were in the past few weeks were delegated to my employees who have been running the show while I have been taking care of what needs to be done….
understandable. so why haven't I heard a word from them? If you have legitimate issues such that a usually reliable business can no longer run as such, STOP TAKING ORDERS.

I just saw the thread where he posted his cell. I'll call him on Monday.
Old June 14th, 2008, 11:13 PM
PhilipHand
Hookah Nut

Quote:
hey i just got my hookah. i took it out of the box, everything seemed good but i saw the base was chipped in 2 different places and it didn't come with a bowl. Anyone who ordered from here before, not get a bowl too? thanks.
Well it came in yesterday. PYH threw in a base protector and a base and stem brush, but I don't like using the stem brush right now because it's shedding a lot of fibers. It was missing a bowl grommet and the hose grommet wasn't punched all the way through(it has a really small hole in the small end). It looks beautiful, but since it took three and a half weeks, i would expect that it would at least come with everything it needs.

I'm going to try to get back in touch with PYH, but I honestly don't think I'll be getting the stuff. I've only recieved one call back after five voicemail messages, four emails, and a PM on the site; and the only call back was a promise that wasn't kept about the mailing date on the hookah. I also tried the cell phone number that he posted on the site but whenever I called it I got a automated message saying that the number isn't taking calls.

Last edited by PhilipHand; June 14th, 2008 at 11:13 PM. Reason: weird spacing problem
Old June 15th, 2008, 01:10 AM
Juno
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Juno

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raid3n View Post
no you can say all the shit you want about vendors.
Okay.

Quote:
and now lately all youve heard is complaining and shit about him. its not cool.
Wait. What?

Let's back that up.

Quote:
no you can say all the shit you want about vendors.
Again, I am not speaking for or against anyone, only for clarity.
Old June 16th, 2008, 02:40 PM
phillllip
Hookah Newbie

I have worked in customer relations for almost a decade now.... and this is honestly starting to bother me. I've patiently tried three numbers, 2 emails, and Sambooka has sincerely tried to help me out and I thank him for that, but my patience is running thin. Not that I am trying to spark any personal conflict, but I remember reading that now he has employees running pyh.com. Are they really? Because the only new information I have retrieved about my order was that my credit card was charged.... and that was the day after I placed my order. /endrant

im sorry i am trying to understand your situation but it feels as if this company is not serving its customers as it should no matter the situation

ps. i just want to smoke!
Old June 16th, 2008, 04:56 PM
vegasvic
Hookah Nut

It definitely sucks. I was thinking of posting a "buyers rights pledge" for lack of better term; basically outlining what we as a community think warrants good or even acceptable service from the vendors who post here (and get business from us).

There seems to be some very good providers here - guys who definitely get it. Others not so much.

My personal tip: if its your first order with someone and you are worried, just get some coals or shisha - keep the order small so you can see what kind of service you get.
Old June 16th, 2008, 06:14 PM
areyousmokinyet
Hookah Newbie

HOORAY! update:

I wish I could say I was currently smoking my new MZ as I type this, but it's the next best thing - it'll be here tomorrow!

I admittedly (and angrily) pestered Bilal with 3 or 4 voicemails at work, messages with the StarBuzz operator, and a few emails, but I did finally get to talk with him today. Honestly, I was getting very frustrated that simply no contact had been made. After speaking with him for a decent amount on the phone today, I can say firsthand that I would buy from PimpMyHookah again in a heartbeat. Maybe not immediately aha, but once he gets his troubles worked out, most definitely.

He was extremely nice and apologetic, and brutally honest and open with me. This being the first time I had spoken with him, I was very impressed with his willingness to share what was going on with basically a stranger. It is not my place to repeat his words, but he mentioned that he is by nature a very open person and would gladly speak to anyone about it. After learning the situation, I will plead on his behalf to those who have not received their orders or have begun to doubt his company, to wait just a little longer. He was going through the list of orders and calling anyone he hadn't talked to yet. He also mentioned that all orders placed have actually gone out already.

In fact, when I looked up the tracking number Bilal just gave me I found out my hookah is tied up with UPS - it was actually here 3 days ago, but somehow they didn't have my exact apt number. I called 2 seconds ago and they're delivering it first thing tomorrow!! mm smoke.

He hasn't been at the office in awhile, but he's straightening everything out now. While it may have been a wiser decision to put the business on hold, I have all the faith that he will make things right for those waiting.

-peace
Old June 16th, 2008, 06:52 PM
Sambooka
Sambooka Jr.

Glad you got everything worked out areyousmokingyet, and definitely let us know when you get it tomorrow, we would love to see pics, or better yet a video!

Cheers!

http://www.hookahpro.com - Hookah Pro Community - Hookah Forum
~Favorite Hookah~ Khalil Mamoon Amer .. (she leans, so I call her Eileen)
~Favorite Setup~ Egyptian Hookah, Vortex Bowl, Natural Coals (Exotica or Coconara)
~Current Flavor Favorites~ Ayam Zaman 1001 Nights, Hookah Freak Spiced Apple Cider, Starbuzz White Peach
Nakhla Double Apple, Nakhla Earl Grey, Nakhla Sweet Melon, Nakhla Cinnamon, Nakhla Cardamom, Nakhla Fakhfakhina Mixed Fruit, Nakhla El Basha Grape
Al Fakher Mint, Al Fakher Orange, Al Fakher Cinnamon
HookahPro.com .. powered by Elites!
Old June 16th, 2008, 09:27 PM
vegloo
Hookah Nut

i'm glad everything worked out for you! i'm having some more issues myself. I ordered on may 31, received it june 13th and there was no bowl and 2 chips in the top of the base. i managed to get the stem in but i don't think it will be long before the base cracks completely. i messaged bilal, emailed him and tried calling earlier today, no answer and for some reason i couldnt leave a message. i realize he's really busy but to get a hookah that basically just came with the stem and a chipped base isn't cutting it and the fact that i can't get ahold of him makes thing much worse.
Old June 17th, 2008, 01:12 AM
areyousmokinyet
Hookah Newbie

understandable man, i'd just keep leaving messages. if they won't go through, press zero and talk to the operator - she can at least take your name and number, maybe tell you the next time he comes in. I got to know her well haha. by the way, his cell isn't accepting calls now so don't bother with that.

good luck
Old June 17th, 2008, 11:00 AM
vegloo
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by areyousmokinyet View Post
understandable man, i'd just keep leaving messages. if they won't go through, press zero and talk to the operator - she can at least take your name and number, maybe tell you the next time he comes in. I got to know her well haha. by the way, his cell isn't accepting calls now so don't bother with that.

good luck
thanks a lot for the tips! Hope you got your hookah today!
Old June 17th, 2008, 09:12 PM
vegloo
Hookah Nut

UPDATE: so i talked to bilal a little while ago and he's going to send me a free base tomorrow. it seems like bilal is really working on things. i would order from him again. great prices and really nice when you get ahold of him.
Old July 7th, 2008, 04:34 PM
fallneversummer
Hookah Newbie

So, any updates on Bilal and Pimp your hookah? How has his business been running as of late? Any new feedback or inside info?
Old July 7th, 2008, 04:44 PM
dakingkevin23
Hookah Guru

Send a message via AIM to dakingkevin23

Quote:
Originally Posted by fallneversummer View Post
So, any updates on Bilal and Pimp your hookah? How has his business been running as of late? Any new feedback or inside info?
He's making a comeback.
All I can say. He sure knows how to win back a customer:]
Old July 7th, 2008, 04:45 PM
vegloo
Hookah Nut

Quote:
UPDATE: so i talked to bilal a little while ago and he's going to send me a free base tomorrow. it seems like bilal is really working on things. i would order from him again. great prices and really nice when you get ahold of him.
New Update- I was told on June 18th that Bilal was going to send out a new base because the one i received from them was chipped in a couple places. It's now July 7th and i still havent received it. I've called multiple times and never got ahold of him. I've tried to be understanding but it's getting difficult now.
Old July 7th, 2008, 05:48 PM
fallneversummer
Hookah Newbie

I hope he is because I think he's an awesome guy and I really want to order from his shop again...
Old July 7th, 2008, 06:09 PM
Martello
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Martello

I’m usually very out spoken when I feel people are getting screwed. But what I have come to understand Bilal is going though a hard time. I’m not totally sure what that entails or how severe that may be. I hope he and his are all ok. I don’t think anyone should seek to make any matters worse for him especially since some or all of us aren’t aware of what issues may be.

But honestly if people who are members of this forum are still going to order and continue to have a negative experience – we’re really going to need SamB and Company to step to the plate for us on this one.

As a community – they’re who it is we have to rely on in situations such as these.
[FONT=&quot]Them and the Better Business Bureau.

PS if anyone can help explain this times new roman thing that would be great haha
[/FONT]
Old July 7th, 2008, 06:25 PM
Martello
Banned

In case anyone misunderstands that lol I can simplify
Hey Buddy when you get a chance jump up the @$$ of whoeevr Bilal has working underhim so no one tries to give Bilal a hard time and they get their stuff?
Old July 7th, 2008, 06:48 PM
Martello
Banned

Also, in case anyone didnt notice - that was typo city lol
Old July 7th, 2008, 06:55 PM
golemjk
Hookah Newbie

Send a message via AIM to golemjk

It took over 5 week to get me the missing parts for my stuff. After the first 2 weeks Bilal stopped answering all of his calls. I finally talked to Weir, Bilals boss, and he seemed alright at first. 2 weeks later I called back and still nothing. Then he accused me of lying about the missing parts. I finally received my missing pieces, but he didn't send anything to make up for the crappy service. The business is still bad. There are other vendors on this forum with prices as good as PYH so don't waste your time with Bilal. PYH's customer service leaves alot to be desired.
Old July 7th, 2008, 06:57 PM
JillyIsJustKidding
Deleted Per User Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by golemjk View Post
It took over 5 week to get me the missing parts for my stuff. After the first 2 weeks Bilal stopped answering all of his calls. I finally talked to Weir, Bilals boss, and he seemed alright at first. 2 weeks later I called back and still nothing. Then he accused me of lying about the missing parts. I finally received my missing pieces, but he didn't send anything to make up for the crappy service. The business is still bad. There are other vendors on this forum with prices as good as PYH so don't waste your time with Bilal. PYH's customer service leaves alot to be desired.
Ahhh I wish billy didn't let his customer service go down! His business was good until it started going down hill these couple of months!

Last edited by Dunkel; July 7th, 2008 at 08:18 PM. Reason: Not following the thread topic
Old July 7th, 2008, 08:17 PM
Dunkel
Bad Motherf^&*er!

I'm going to say this here so everyone knows and can follow my instructions. This post is not about who we can recommend other than Pimp Your Hookah. It is about the trouble some have had with Pimp Your Hookah. I have deleted the posts that do not follow the subject of this thread. Keep on subject people.
Share with your friends on facebook