Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Herbal mu'essel blends

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old July 7th, 2007, 03:16 PM
Hajo Flettner
Hookah Legend

Default Herbal mu'essel blends

I was looking around for herbal mu'essel and I came upon this site:
http://www.herbal-smoke.com/hookah.php obviously they are not into tobacco but I was interested in the mixtures for narghiles and I wonder what they smoke like? Still, the prices are Smiley crazy and I wonder if anyone buys it? What do you guys think?

Has anyone tried Black Label mu'essel? If so i'd like to hear about it.
Old July 8th, 2007, 06:27 AM
Seth_DeNightshade
Hookah Nut

Default Re: Herbal mu'essel blends

LOL.

Total Stoner site. (Well, Stoners without the stone )

I have a major concern with the idea of 'herbal' alternatives to tobacco. How are they safer than smoking tobacco?

Soex uses sugar cane. Tobacco uses tobacco. How is smoking sugar cane any better than smoking Tobacco?

At least you know what's what when smoking tobacco. Who knows what the frog smoking sugar cane might have (long term).

Something to consider I feel.

Sethie D
Old July 8th, 2007, 01:53 PM
Hajo Flettner
Hookah Legend

Your right about the site. A worthless bunch of degenerates. I also wonder if smoking some combo of spent sugar cane and herbs is more healthy then tobacco. Has anyone tried to smoke this sort of stuff?
Old July 8th, 2007, 05:40 PM
cymptom
Hookah Newbie

Wow, pretty high and mighty there guys. That's the same kind of prejudice that gets hookah smokers called stoners. Even if the site seems to lend itself to the ***-smoking scene, none of the products are illegal, nor are they presented as legal substitutes for illegal drugs. How are you going to point to someone smoking a hand-rolled, legal herb and call them a worthless degenerate, and not expect people to do the same when they see you smoking a hookah?

I don't touch illegal drugs, but there are a few products I've ordered from this site to do some hookah experimentation. I ordered a pound of Damiana to try making some herbal shisha of my own, which didn't quite work out. I had more success mixing Blue Lotus and/or Yerba Lena Yesca with shisha -- Tangiers Lemon Blossom is my favorite -- for an impressive smoke not only in terms of flavor, but the buzz. It's much more clear and crisp than the buzz you get from nicotine on its own. Oh, how my worth as a human being has degenerated...

As for whether or not sugar cane is healthier than tobacco... it always surprises me that people approach herbal shisha with this angle -- looking for something that is safer than tobacco. As far as I know, if we're talking about smoking hookah, there's no real health risk linked directly to the tobacco -- it's the coals that present the danger. If anything, herbal shisha is more threatening than tobacco, as the companies who make it usually don't reveal their ingredients.

By the way, herbal-smoke.com sucks -- I never got that pound of damiana I ordered. They sent me an ounce instead, and after several emails have never tried to make it right. Iamshaman.com is much better in all aspects, especially presentation.
Old July 8th, 2007, 05:53 PM
Hajo Flettner
Hookah Legend

I labeled the site degenerate for the simple reason that they clearly cater towards people smoking illegal material and in my experience such people are degenerate . While it is true that the site sells legal stuff the same can be said of every “head shop” around.

Now clearly I don’t view you as a degenerate and I hope that you did not take it that way. Also, I have no problem what so ever with people smoking legal herbs for reasons other then “getting high” and I hope that I have not given you that impression.

Personally, I am interested in trying a few different herbs not to get a legal high but for the purpose of taste and smoking pleasure.

Again, I hope I did not offend you as that is not my intention.

The health thing is a bit complicated and more then I want to get into at the moment.

In any case, I would like to hear what you have to say about herbal smoking blends and where to buy them and why. Personally, I have never gotten a buzz from shisha and that is not a reason for me to smoke.

In any case, it seems that the herbal smoking mixtures I’ve seen on line are very expensive and I’m not sure how they taste so I’d like to learn about that. Are any of these mixtures suited to use with narghiles?
Old July 10th, 2007, 01:57 PM
sammniamii
Hookah Guru

Ok, that is not a "true" stoner site - I've seen those, that stuff is true herbs. It looks otherwise, but I've seen some of this stuff up close (don't ask - I have strange friends).

I'm a herbalist on the side and can list off 5-12 different off the shelf cooking herbals that can be safetly smoked (for various effects - medicine type effects, get your minds out of the gutter). I can also list 12 herbs that will kill you off the top of my head (and some of you would be surprised at some of them - it'a all about amounts).

I've seen this stuff localy - they passed laws and made most of the stores (Head shops) stop carrying it. It looks too similar to "bad things" and the cops were always pestering them.

For the most part - it's not worth the money spent on it. By some chance in God(s) you are a stoner and want to stay legal - it's still not worth the money.

I highly suggest avoiding it - price wise if nothing else. Think of the size of your typical hookah bowl - imagine how much it would take to fill - and this stuff is normally dried, it will go up fast even if the coal wasn't touching it.

Stick with shisha for your hookah. At least you know what you are smoking - this stuff, it's anybody's guess as they don't even know in many cases (most of the stores had no idea - scary!).
Old July 10th, 2007, 03:01 PM
Sambooka
Sambooka Jr.

Great advice Sammmn!

http://www.hookahpro.com - Hookah Pro Community - Hookah Forum
~Favorite Hookah~ Khalil Mamoon Amer .. (she leans, so I call her Eileen)
~Favorite Setup~ Egyptian Hookah, Vortex Bowl, Natural Coals (Exotica or Coconara)
~Current Flavor Favorites~ Ayam Zaman 1001 Nights, Hookah Freak Spiced Apple Cider, Starbuzz White Peach
Nakhla Double Apple, Nakhla Earl Grey, Nakhla Sweet Melon, Nakhla Cinnamon, Nakhla Cardamom, Nakhla Fakhfakhina Mixed Fruit, Nakhla El Basha Grape
Al Fakher Mint, Al Fakher Orange, Al Fakher Cinnamon
HookahPro.com .. powered by Elites!
Old July 10th, 2007, 06:33 PM
cymptom
Hookah Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hajo Flettner
I labeled the site degenerate for the simple reason that they clearly cater towards people smoking illegal material and in my experience such people are degenerate . While it is true that the site sells legal stuff the same can be said of every “head shop” around.
The point is that while it might make you feel superior to make a sweeping generalization like that, you're drastically oversimplifying. Even if it was a site just for potheads, what makes you think that your experience is authoritative enough to make such a broad judgment? I know a lot of "degenerate" drinkers, but why would I conclude that all people who enjoy getting drunk are degenerates? The fact that people are thinking this way in a place like this kinda surprises me. We shouldn't discourage the association of hookah with illegal drugs to elevate our social class -- we should discourage it simply because we want to enjoy our legal hobby without it being misconstrued as something illegal. There's no need to put anybody down, especially when you don't really know who you're talking about... If you don't intend to offend anyone, why not just cut out the unnecessary prejudice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hajo Flettner
In any case, I would like to hear what you have to say about herbal smoking blends and where to buy them and why. Personally, I have never gotten a buzz from shisha and that is not a reason for me to smoke.

In any case, it seems that the herbal smoking mixtures I’ve seen on line are very expensive and I’m not sure how they taste so I’d like to learn about that. Are any of these mixtures suited to use with narghiles?
I wouldn't use any of the mixtures, unless they say exactly what herbs are in them. But even then, they tend to be more expensive. I was talking about the bulk herbs that usually sell for around $2.50-5.00 per ounce. If you wanna mess with herbs, try researching some of those to mix with your shisha.

http://www.iamshaman.com/eshop/10Bro...=dried+herbals
http://www.herbal-smoke.com/natural-smoking-herbs.php
Old July 10th, 2007, 06:47 PM
Hajo Flettner
Hookah Legend

Thanks for the info sammniamii, it sounds like good advice.

Cymptom, thanks for the reply. It seems that the site is mostly about legal alternatives to illegal substances which are intended to provide a euphoria like those sought by "lotus eaters". Basically, intoxication is something I take a very dim view of be by legal or illegal means. My condemnation of people so inclined is based upon a lot of personal experience and a lot of reading.

Clearly we differ on this matter and that is fine in that I have listened to Terrance Mckeena and people like so reasonable people can disagree. I do respect your opinion and and I am glad to to have it.

Thank you for the links. I will look them over when I get a chance.

Best wishes
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook