Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Medium Phunnel Help!!

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share
Old July 11th, 2007, 04:29 PM
Hookah Newbie
Default Medium Phunnel Help!!

Hi everyone I have the medium phunnel bowl, the problem with it is that whenever i smoke i usualy burn the shisha within 15 mins and gets really harsh. Im using 4 jap easy lights as soon as i put my bowl + coals on my hookah i start puffing straight away, could that be the problem? im also using AF shisha. I orderd a Mod and some more shisha so should have it by monday or tuesday. Any tips please?
Old July 11th, 2007, 04:42 PM
Sambooka Jr.

Default Re: Medium Phunnel Help!!

Hey Billy!

Well, how about trying to get it going a little slower? Put the coals on the outter "edge" of the bowl, and rotating along the outter edge (so they are kinda hanging off a little). It may take a little longer to get the smoke billowing, but once it comes up to temp you will be good to go! As the coals diminish, try moving the coals in towards the middle as you continue to rotate them. Hope that makes sense?

Another thing, leave a little cushion of space, between the foil and the top of the shisha. Another thing you could try is to double foil, or use one sheet of Heavy Duty foil. It is trial and error to get the heat management down for a particular shisha and coal combination ... but if you start slow, it is easier to fix then starting fast and burning the shisha right off the bat!

Hope that helps! Let us know...

http://www.hookahpro.com - Hookah Pro Community - Hookah Forum
~Favorite Hookah~ Khalil Mamoon Amer .. (she leans, so I call her Eileen)
~Favorite Setup~ Egyptian Hookah, Vortex Bowl, Natural Coals (Exotica or Coconara)
~Current Flavor Favorites~ Ayam Zaman 1001 Nights, Hookah Freak Spiced Apple Cider, Starbuzz White Peach
Nakhla Double Apple, Nakhla Earl Grey, Nakhla Sweet Melon, Nakhla Cinnamon, Nakhla Cardamom, Nakhla Fakhfakhina Mixed Fruit, Nakhla El Basha Grape
Al Fakher Mint, Al Fakher Orange, Al Fakher Cinnamon
HookahPro.com .. powered by Elites!
Old July 12th, 2007, 10:46 AM
Hookah Nut

af burns easily i would suggest taking 1 or possibly 2 of those coals off... maybe 2 and a half i dont know if japs break up at all
Old July 14th, 2007, 02:58 PM
Hookah Newbie

I was thinking it might be the shisha (AF) but i've orderd some Layalina Raspberry so i'll see how it goes with that. Thanks for the tips though
Old July 14th, 2007, 03:16 PM
Hookah Guru

Layalina in a phunnel reacts differently. If you use 4 coals, you may still burn it. Try only using 3 to start with. And rotate, rotate, rotate. Every 10-15 min, if the coals sit too long, it may burn.

Anything other than Tangiers in a phunnel may burn slightly due to the shallowness of the layer of shisha and the proximity of the coals to it. I've tried Layalina, Fusion and AF in mine. It worked well, providing I kept moving the coals - got about 2-3 hours of smoke. But, I don't use my phunnel anymore for anything but Tangiers (still enjoy some Kiwi - so tastie).
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook