Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

AL FAKHER GRAPE NO MORE!!!!!!

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old March 13th, 2009, 02:40 PM
necco
Hookah Pro

Default Re: AL FAKHER GRAPE NO MORE!!!!!!

I'm smoking some mizo grape that i just got from John and it's hella better than AF ketchup
Old March 13th, 2009, 11:50 PM
Rider
Hookah Newbie

Oh goodness.. does this bad batch happen to the grape WITH mint also? :x, i have some i didnt smoke yet
Old March 13th, 2009, 11:53 PM
Ninorey123
Hookah Pro

Send a message via AIM to Ninorey123

lol how old is this thread?

jk, not hating on the necromancers...

as an af fan.... i will pretend i didnt see this thread..
Old March 14th, 2009, 01:39 PM
photolinger
Arabian Sensation

Send a message via AIM to photolinger Send a message via MSN to photolinger Send a message via Yahoo to photolinger Send a message via Skype™ to photolinger

Eh, I really dont think acclimating is gonna do anything to tobacco that isnt tangiers but make it worse.

"blu mist rulz dawg an that stuff ain't like it an if youz don't agree you bez a shithead yo" - Hajo Flettner
Old March 15th, 2009, 05:25 AM
ramsizzle
Hookah Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by photolinger View Post
Eh, I really dont think acclimating is gonna do anything to tobacco that isnt tangiers but make it worse.

eh i dont know about that, usually if its unwashed just a little acclimation will due the trick. i think eric said himself that if its unwashed acclimations more than a good idea
Old March 15th, 2009, 08:48 AM
mattathayde
Hookah Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramsizzle View Post
eh i dont know about that, usually if its unwashed just a little acclimation will due the trick. i think eric said himself that if its unwashed acclimations more than a good idea
yes but for the most part they only tobacco that seems to respond to it is tangiers, all the other ones you are really just airing them out to get the flavor to balance out or subdue to the right flavor (since flavors are combinations of chemicals, and the chemicals in different amounts make other flavors thus airing it out brings out the right flavor).

-matt
Old March 15th, 2009, 08:50 AM
Xazon
Hookah Nut

im with MNH and Nazar and sambooka too
Old March 15th, 2009, 09:03 AM
SishaSteve
Hookah Newbie

I've never had a problem with AF grape... Maybe you got one of the counterfeits?
Old March 15th, 2009, 09:12 AM
mattathayde
Hookah Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by SishaSteve View Post
I've never had a problem with AF grape... Maybe you got one of the counterfeits?
naw, there has been issues with this flavor a lot, i got a real package of AF grape (50g) and it was horrid

-matt
Old March 16th, 2009, 02:25 PM
guesswhoy0
Hookah Pro

Send a message via AIM to guesswhoy0

so what exactly are the good production dates that people have verified? I'm only asking cause I think I found a place that sells 2x250g af grape with production date 2007
Old March 16th, 2009, 03:18 PM
Dakins
Hookah Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by guesswhoy0 View Post
so what exactly are the good production dates that people have verified? I'm only asking cause I think I found a place that sells 2x250g af grape with production date 2007
Any date in 2007 is good, 2008 and after is crap.

Grab that stuff ASAP and send me a sample
Old March 16th, 2009, 04:35 PM
Cnphoto
Hookah Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardevi View Post
Ok, here is the deal. I went out today to give myself a nice Father's Day treat. So, I go to my local middle eastern neighborhood deli and I buy myself a 250 gram tub of my favorite flavor... AL FAKHER GRAPE!! At least it used to be my favorite flavor!!! It didn't smell like ketchup, but it sure as hell didn't smell like the grapey goodness I was acustomed to treating my nasal passages to. Decided to give it a smoke anyway, and I ruined my own Father's Day!! What a friggin disaster, it tasted like absolute shit and I was very pissed I waited an hour and a half, let the tub acclimate, stirred the tobacco (which made it smell worse if you could believe that!)and again same results!!! I am sending this to the distributor and I want them to tell me that the tub I have is ok. This is completely unacceptable and if the distributors continue to ignore the issue, then more drastic measures must be implemented. I believe in one of the previous threads, somebody mentioned that the distributor said that only people on the forums were complaining... WELL HELLO, PEOPLE THAT AREN'T ON A FORUM HAVE NO OTHER METHOD TO AIR OUT THEIR GRIEVANCES, SO OF COURSE MOST OF THE COMPLAINTS WILL BE FROM SMOKERS THAT ARE PART OF A FORUM!!! Until this flavor issue is fixed, I will never again smoke AF GRAPE... EVER!!!! I HAVE NO AL FAKHER GRAPE!!!
yeah ere flavours have really gon down hill, except mint
Old March 17th, 2009, 07:44 AM
Barnaby
Hookah Newbie

I tried some AF not too long ago. Got some of their sweet melon, and the grape. The SM smelt rancid. chemically, fruit gone bad nastiness. I sent it back. The grape, fared alittle better, but it still tasted nasty. its got a sickeningly sweet undertone to it, that made me feel ill. Anyone who smelt me smoking it, commented on the nasty smell. The SM was made in 2007, the grape in 08.. Needless to say, I'll pass on trying AF again anytime soon. The cut was horrible, more stems then leaves almost. assloads of dye, and it didn't really smoke that great any way. I got bigger clouds of of romman than that AF crap.

Get some Nakhla or Tangiers, and get a good smoke... Also, Layalina Grape isn't too bad either, much better than AF grape was for sure.
Old March 17th, 2009, 11:12 AM
mattathayde
Hookah Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnaby View Post
I tried some AF not too long ago. Got some of their sweet melon, and the grape. The SM smelt rancid. chemically, fruit gone bad nastiness. I sent it back. The grape, fared alittle better, but it still tasted nasty. its got a sickeningly sweet undertone to it, that made me feel ill. Anyone who smelt me smoking it, commented on the nasty smell. The SM was made in 2007, the grape in 08.. Needless to say, I'll pass on trying AF again anytime soon. The cut was horrible, more stems then leaves almost. assloads of dye, and it didn't really smoke that great any way. I got bigger clouds of of romman than that AF crap.

Get some Nakhla or Tangiers, and get a good smoke... Also, Layalina Grape isn't too bad either, much better than AF grape was for sure.
even with AF Golden- grape my friends mom walked in to their garage when we were smoking and said it smelt bad, i think its just AF is crashing. honestly i havent bought any AF for a while and the only good af i bought for most of the last year was mint, the apple and watermelon were ok at first then just seemed to taste bad to me

-matt
Old March 17th, 2009, 11:20 AM
Ki2656
Hookah Newbie

i had a 50g samplle last nite it was the ketchup batch , horrible . i bought it from a local shop , dissapointed
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook